Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
***Week 4 GameDay Thread - Jaguars @ Bengals***
(10-01-2021, 12:31 AM)Joelist Wrote: Two prime time wins in a row (going back to last year) right?

Yep and the Steelers broadcast while not prime time was heavily featured around the map. I even got to see it.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
The 2016-2020 Bengals lose this game.

Nice to see them dominate a team, even a bad team and after themselves being dominated. Hopefully the extra rest helps. Remember, Burrow is still not 100% healed yet.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2021, 12:33 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: Oh yeah, I’ve been down this road before. It’s a fun one.

And as a coach I will always disagree that an effective run game does not dictate defensive formations.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(10-01-2021, 12:28 AM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: This is why you keep the overall season moaning and groaning until after the game. Want to ***** about an individual play fine. But all these people man we are the worst team in the nfl, jets better than us need to just keep their traps shut until the game is over. I hate to see us almost lose to a 0-4 team, but everyone saw a potential trap game incoming. At least we came roaring back in the 2nd half and looked like the good team we’ve seen for most of the year. If we can get rid of the first 3 quarters of Chicago and 2 quarters tonight bengals we’d be really good

Yeah the second half tonight amazed me.  Offense just kept coming.  Threw it down field just enough.  I have some preseason crow to probably eat on Zac.  First half he had some very good play designs but then would get a little conservative or sometime cutesie.  Second half he was money, lined up and ran the ball, jumbo sets, empty sets, he threw the kitchen sink at them.

Another quick thing.  Reiff has really stabilized this offense by just playing solid and not destroying drives.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2021, 12:26 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: I just saw this, but it simply doesn’t exist. This is a testable thing. If momentum actually did anything, you WOULD be able to find the effect it has. You would see a noticeable jump in team success, production, points scored after a ‘momentum’ defining play. That jump doesn’t exist.

Momentum as a feeling might exist, but it doesn’t do anything to improve play.

THen you clearly don't know the outcome of tonight's game...
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2021, 12:38 AM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: The 2016-2020 Bengals lose this game.

Nice to see them dominate a team, even a bad team and after themselves being dominated. Hopefully the extra rest helps. Remember, Burrow is still not 100% healed yet.

Joe Burrow just said that in his NFLN interview

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(10-01-2021, 12:34 AM)TKUHL Wrote: OL coach definitely made some adjustments. Nice to see.

It looked like they had Spain and Carman angle in instead of out which let Hopkins not have to swivel so much. It worked in part because they could trust Jonah and Reiff to play on islands and they did. 
Reply/Quote
If we focus on OL and DL next draft I think we’ll have something special going.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2021, 12:38 AM)jfkbengals Wrote: THen you clearly don't know the outcome of tonight's game...

One game in a dataset of thousands doesn’t change anything. It’s just confirmation bias. Football is a volatile sport.
Reply/Quote
This team feels special
Reply/Quote
Weird stats - they gave up 100 yards rushing in the first half. Something like 30 in the second half. They also ran for 18 in the first half and 60 in the second half.
Reply/Quote
Zac Taylor is already better than Marv in 2 areas: beating the Steelers and winning in prime time. We'll see if he can have us looking differently in the playoffs soon. Hopefully.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2021, 12:39 AM)tBengal Wrote: If we focus on OL and DL next draft I think we’ll have something special going.

If we keep our current DL intact and get our injured guys back I don’t think we need to worry about DL too much. Definitely going to need someone in the secondary though.
Reply/Quote
We need secondary help and a legit Center prospect (unless Trey Hill really stands up).
Reply/Quote
Watching WLW Burrow just walked off the field.

Reply/Quote
(10-01-2021, 12:38 AM)Synric Wrote: And as a coach I will always disagree that an effective run game does not dictate defensive formations.

I’m not arguing that. I’m positive that an effective run game can and does dictate what personnel a defense brings out. However, there isn’t any correlation between play-action success and run game effectiveness.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2021, 12:36 AM)Au165 Wrote: Taylor just said they’ve never worked that jail break screen to CJ in practice. Burrow checked it and CJ just knew what to do.

That play and the 4th down stop Wilson made are the two huge plays of the game. The refs were freakin horrible though.
Reply/Quote
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Asked Joe Burrow about why he checked to a jailbreak screen. Said he knew the defensive coordinator had a Baltimore background and knew he needed to know how to beat a zero blitz.</p>&mdash; Ben Baby (@Ben_Baby) <a href="https://twitter.com/Ben_Baby/status/1443784107033563141?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">October 1, 2021</a></blockquote>

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(10-01-2021, 12:45 AM)TKUHL Wrote: That play and the 4th down stop Wilson made are the two huge plays of the game. The refs were freakin horrible though.

The refs were jokes - I was only partly joking when I speculated they had money on Jax to cover in the game. Had they called it straight we have at least 7 more and Jax 7 less. 
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2021, 12:39 AM)pally Wrote: Joe Burrow just said that in his NFLN interview

Not surprised. Joe and I have been on the same page for awhile now.
Reply/Quote