Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
***Week 4 GameDay Thread - Jaguars @ Bengals***
(10-01-2021, 12:24 AM)Au165 Wrote: The flip from 1st half to second was huge.

Started with that goal line stand.
I know who I am! I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude!
Reply/Quote
Good job. Still fire Taylor, though.
Reply/Quote
They pleasantly surprised me. It feels really good to be wrong. Maybe the PTSD will dispel if they keep this up.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Also...that Joey B guy is pretty good
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2021, 10:28 PM)PlayadLc Wrote: Plenty of time left. Hopefully you guys who have the emotional stability of 13 year old girls can let it play out a bit.

Reply/Quote
Well...We know exactly what Jax fans are going through except we've been going through it a lot longer..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(09-30-2021, 10:53 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: There was actually a discussion about this on Movin' The Chains yesterday, after they talked to Scott Zolak.  They were going off on the fact that there are actually analytic people who don't think there is a human element to the games; i.e. momentum and energy.  The data is flat out incorrect.  Were there not such a think, the Falcons would have a Super Bowl Championship under their belts, and Brady would have one more Super Bowl loss...

I just saw this, but it simply doesn’t exist. This is a testable thing. If momentum actually did anything, you WOULD be able to find the effect it has. You would see a noticeable jump in team success, production, points scored after a ‘momentum’ defining play. That jump doesn’t exist.

Momentum as a feeling might exist, but it doesn’t do anything to improve play.
Reply/Quote
Players of the game Uzo, Wilson and Burrow
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2021, 12:24 AM)Nately120 Wrote: I also called it.  The Jaguars haven't lost 19 in a row because they win a lot of football games. 

I am amazed Lawrence had less than 3 turnovers though. 

Well, get some rep then

Reply/Quote
Man, for a minute I thought we were going to get "Runny Scrambled Legs" after the first missed kick
Reply/Quote
They learned they can win

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Hey Bfine. Game day ball Joey B. Zero doubt
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
The negative posters have 10 day a to rest before Rodgers makes Apple his *****, at least.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2021, 12:26 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: I just saw this, but it simply doesn’t exist. This is a testable thing. If momentum actually did anything, you WOULD be able to find the effect it has. You would see a noticeable jump in team success, production, points scored after a ‘momentum’ defining play. That jump doesn’t exist.

Momentum as a feeling might exist, but it doesn’t do anything to improve play.

Right, there is a bias that occurs because people only talk about momentum when the big play leads to something good they don’t talk about the almost equally common occurrence of nothing good happening off it.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2021, 12:24 AM)bonesaw Wrote: Never change you Jungle Noise weirdos. You guys say the first negative thing I think of but then catch myself being a baby. I get it.....sometimes you just gotta vent. I got mine out in preseason. I'm in midseason form just watching the game rooting for them Who Dey boys.

This is why you keep the overall season moaning and groaning until after the game. Want to ***** about an individual play fine. But all these people man we are the worst team in the nfl, jets better than us need to just keep their traps shut until the game is over. I hate to see us almost lose to a 0-4 team, but everyone saw a potential trap game incoming. At least we came roaring back in the 2nd half and looked like the good team we’ve seen for most of the year. If we can get rid of the first 3 quarters of Chicago and 2 quarters tonight bengals we’d be really good
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2021, 10:45 PM)Cicero Wrote: We get the ball first in the second half. Score and we’re right back in it. Good job Wilson. If we win that was the turning point.

Just sayin’
I know who I am! I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude!
Reply/Quote
Seems like Waynes played pretty good except for that one long pass
Reply/Quote
DAmn! Talk about taking a turd and turning it into a rose. 

Wow, that felt good in the end. Major props for adjusting and executing in the 2nd half.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2021, 12:27 AM)pally Wrote: They learned they can win

They learned they can play 2 quarters of football and still win. Hell of a lesson. 
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2021, 12:27 AM)Synric Wrote: Hey Bfine. Game day ball Joey B. Zero doubt

CJ Uzomah would like a word. His scramble drill was a game changing play.
Reply/Quote