Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
***Week 4 GameDay Thread - Jaguars @ Bengals***
(10-01-2021, 12:26 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: I just saw this, but it simply doesn’t exist. This is a testable thing. If momentum actually did anything, you WOULD be able to find the effect it has. You would see a noticeable jump in team success, production, points scored after a ‘momentum’ defining play. That jump doesn’t exist.

Momentum as a feeling might exist, but it doesn’t do anything to improve play.

Wholeheartedly disagree. How many times have we seen a totally deflated offense or defense come out with more energy after a turnover
Reply/Quote
I like how my stupid Facebook is full of the nfl page showing all these Lawrence highlights but the game was won by the bengals scoring on every drive in the 2nd half.
Reply/Quote
24-7 in the second half.
I know who I am! I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude!
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2021, 12:28 AM)Au165 Wrote: Right, there is a bias that occurs because people only talk about momentum when the big play leads to something good they don’t talk about the almost equally common occurrence of nothing good happening off it.

Exactly. Everyone remembers the instances where a 4th down stop leads to a TD but no one remembers the instances where the offense just goes 3 and out afterwards.
Reply/Quote
Bengals need to stop laying an egg on offense in one half of the game. Chicago, Minnesota, jags game. Can’t continue like that.
Reply/Quote
The OL put up a second good week in a row aside from Hopkins problems - and there it looked like they compensated for him schematically - did you notice the pass blocking angles looked different after halftime?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Ladies and Gentlemen your 3-1 Cincinnati Bengals!

Reply/Quote
(10-01-2021, 12:28 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Wholeheartedly disagree. How many times have we seen a totally deflated offense or defense come out with more energy after a turnover

You can disagree if you’d like but this isn’t an opinionated thing. This has been studied thoroughly. There isn’t anything there to suggest that momentum exists. Teams don’t improve their play after ‘momentum’ defining plays.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2021, 12:25 AM)PlayadLc Wrote: .

I’m happy now so I no longer wish to argue.

But come on - 27,789 times bitten, 55,578 times shy.

That kick McPherson made tonight, and in Week 1 are the kicks Shayne Graham and Fat Randy missed.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
Nice!! What a great game.

If you’re complaining, reassess your attitude. Before, Jacksonville wins that game. This definitely isn’t the same Bengals.

Who Dey!
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2021, 12:29 AM)Timanky12 Wrote: Bengals need to stop laying an egg on offense in one half of the game. Chicago, Minnesota, jags game. Can’t continue like that.

Enjoy the win. 
I know who I am! I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude!
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2021, 12:24 AM)Nately120 Wrote: I also called it.  The Jaguars haven't lost 19 in a row because they win a lot of football games. 

I am amazed Lawrence had less than 3 turnovers though. 

Get off my coat tails. You said the HC "bonered".. You did the opposite of calling it
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Two prime time wins in a row (going back to last year) right?
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2021, 12:28 AM)Nately120 Wrote: The negative posters have 10 day a to rest before Rodgers makes Apple his *****, at least.

Waynes and Chido back makes Apple CB #4/5 now Big Grin
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2021, 12:28 AM)Au165 Wrote: CJ Uzomah would like a word. His scramble drill was a game changing play.

Matched play Joey B. with the escape and a great ball rolling left. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(10-01-2021, 12:24 AM)Au165 Wrote: The flip from 1st half to second was huge.

(10-01-2021, 12:28 AM)Nately120 Wrote: The negative posters have 10 day a to rest before Rodgers makes Apple his *****, at least.

Apple probably won't start. Waynes is back now & Chidogi should be back by then as well. 
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2021, 10:50 PM)C0de_M0nkey Wrote: Rough start but it’s not too late for a cardiac cat style win.

The CC definitely made an appearance tonight
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2021, 12:31 AM)Joelist Wrote: Two prime time wins in a row (going back to last year) right?

Correct.

2 straight.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2021, 12:31 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: You can disagree if you’d like but this isn’t an opinionated thing. This has been studied thoroughly. There isn’t anything there to suggest that momentum exists. Teams don’t improve their play after ‘momentum’ defining plays.

Wait until you inform people there is no correlation between establishing the run game and effectiveness of play action.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2021, 12:26 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: I just saw this, but it simply doesn’t exist. This is a testable thing. If momentum actually did anything, you WOULD be able to find the effect it has. You would see a noticeable jump in team success, production, points scored after a ‘momentum’ defining play. That jump doesn’t exist.

Momentum as a feeling might exist, but it doesn’t do anything to improve play.

Lol is it manifestation or just lazy players deciding to pull their weight once they see teammates busting their ass hence momentum
Reply/Quote