Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Week 6 Eifert Watch
Not practicing today.

Getting close to that "week 8" time frame...
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2016, 03:27 PM)ItsOdellThurman Wrote: Not practicing today.

Much like Odell Thurman.. another potential star who was Bungalized. 
Reply/Quote
Dude ain't playin'. /Thread.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
For now I am just going to assume he's done for the year. It's what's best for my mental health
Reply/Quote

This makes me a saaaaaaaaaaaaaaad panda.  
Confucius say, he who go to bed with itchy butt wake up with smelly finger.
Reply/Quote
It doesnt matter if he plays or not. This team has bigger issues than Eiffert being out.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2016, 03:43 PM)JumboTron Wrote: For now I am just going to assume he's done for the year.  It's what's best for my mental health

Agreed.  Until he is on the field in uniform, I just assume he's not playing each week.

Does anyone know how much he is scheduled to make under the fifth year option next season?
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2016, 04:42 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: Agreed.  Until he is on the field in uniform, I just assume he's not playing each week.

Does anyone know how much he is scheduled to make under the fifth year option next season?

Almost $4.8 million.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
[Image: ASBqBGDMeUMZRXuxmXcgZxro.jpg20161012-3-k...1476302297]
Reply/Quote
Does it really matter? At this point unless he can play center, RG or RT it's really irrelevant.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
A great player that just can't handle the NFL level of hits. I thought I saw a post in here somewhere quoting his college coach saying he never got hurt in college.
Reply/Quote
Eifert? Who is this Eifert person you speak of?
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2016, 06:21 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: A great player that just can't handle the NFL level of hits.  I thought I saw a post in here somewhere quoting his college coach saying he never got hurt in college.

He missed his Freshman year of college with a back injury.

I isn't even the hits. Dude hurt his ankle in the Pro Bowl. He hurt his shoulder in the offseason. Both injuries required surgery, both weren't from NFL hits.

Said before the season started that he should have been on the PUP.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
I'm starting to see a similarity in Marvin's contracts and Eifert's injuries.

Marvin keeps getting "one year contracts" and Eifert keeps getting "ruled out for the week." It's like death by a million pin pricks, but no big deal...he's only out this week.
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2016, 04:58 PM)GodFather Wrote: [Image: ASBqBGDMeUMZRXuxmXcgZxro.jpg20161012-3-k...1476302297]

It will be a blowout on the scoreboard.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
Wonderful...
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2016, 06:51 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: He missed his Freshman year of college with a back injury.

I isn't even the hits. Dude hurt his ankle in the Pro Bowl. He hurt his shoulder in the offseason. Both injuries required surgery, both weren't from NFL hits.

Said before the season started that he should have been on the PUP.

Better yet, a BUBBLE.
Reply/Quote

Nothing to see here. Nothing at all.

Reply/Quote
That's not a real account, so it's not for sure Eifert is out.

The point remains though. The guy is soft. The Bengals botched his recovery from the ankle. Whether that's related to the back, who knows, but the people who maintained it wasn't a big deal, can eat some crow.
Reply/Quote
Maybe Kroft, a third round pick, is getting a bit healthier and will be able to show more than he has thus far. Uzomah has made a lot more plays and has gotten a lot more opportunities.
Reply/Quote