Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
***Week 7 GameDay Thread...Bengals @ Steelers***
(10-22-2017, 08:39 PM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: Unfortunately, I can see AJ Green pulling a Carson more than Andy. Andy has it good. He doesn't even have to win and he'll start for several more years....Easy Money.

Dunlap and Atkins are free agents after next season. They'll likely escape to play for a winner.
Reply/Quote
Water is wet, the sky is blue, and the Bengals embarrass themselves against the Steelers. I guess it's status quo.
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2017, 08:37 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: After the past 2 offseasons with all of the free agents we lost...we're rebuilding. This isn't a 1-2 year fix.

We need about 5-6 new starters to be competitive.

Bull. If we cared we wouldn't have watched our OLine disintegrate and do nothing about it. Made absolutely no effort to replace it. How in the world can you consider what they're doing a rebuild?
Reply/Quote
Steelers own us again
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2017, 08:39 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: AJ was getting doubled alot also, Remember that 1 deep throw to Lafell. Ross would have caught that and would have been a TD why he is not playing no clue. He supposedly healthy its pretty easy to run a fly pattern,

LOL. We have no clue what Ross would do and wouldn't do. What players do in college doesn't always translate to the Pros.

My guess is there are more issues with Ross than the knee.
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2017, 08:34 PM)Joelist Wrote: Well we had a ridiculous sequence over two series where Andy got hit five times on five straight plays and sacked three of them - all by completely unblocked defenders coming right through Fisher, Bodine and Hopkins. Remember he got hit and hurt earlier too. Finally he just threw it away on fourth down when blocking collapsed yet again. I think he has reached the end of his patience. 

Gotcha.  Yeah...he got hammered on that play where they sandwiched him.  Then came up gimpy another time.  After his first INT....with a crazy bounce....I knew the signs were pointing to a loss. I flipped it over and watched the ever evolving NASCAR playoff scenarios unfold at Kansas.  Glad I did.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2017, 08:39 PM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: Unfortunately, I can see AJ Green pulling a Carson more than Andy. Andy has it good. He doesn't even have to win and he'll start for several more years....Easy Money.

It's possible, but you usually don't get to this level because you're the type of guy who likes to coast and lose.  That's probably why Carson preferred playing for snakebitten franchises that at least tried to shake things up and compete in Oakland and Arizona.
Reply/Quote
Gee, we've never seen that movie before. We're on a loop.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(10-22-2017, 08:42 PM)Nately120 Wrote: It's possible, but you usually don't get to this level because you're the type of guy who likes to coast and lose.  That's probably why Carson preferred playing for snakebitten franchises that at least tried to shake things up and compete in Oakland and Arizona.

Exactly. Remember it is both Andy and AJ that confronted Marvin and forced the Zampese firing. Who knows? Maybe they will try it now with Piano Man - who outside of the poor front office decisions is the grand architect of this joke OL.
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2017, 08:39 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The defense was bad. 0 sacks.

The Steelers ran the ball in the 2nd half to kill the clock. The Steelers passed at will and had a 100 yard rusher in the 3rd quarter.

The defense is hugely overrated.

You are insane. This defense is the only thing that kept this game close. Roethlisberger passed for 224 yards, hardly passing at will. The run defense wasnt good but they stopped them when they needed to especially when our offense put them in horrible situations time after time.  
Reply/Quote
You can blame Dalton, Marvin, ......Look, this is THE FACT.....Mike Brown and Family are the worst owners and front office in the NFL. Just look at this team in 2 Super Bowls in 1980's and then Paul Brown died. Since Paul Brown died Mike Brown and no play-off wins and often lousy teams. ....Mike Brown who refused to pay Max Montoya, Steinbach, Zeitler and Whitworth and in all those cases said, " Why should I pay an offensive lineman ". Well I'll tell you Mike, you pay offensive lineman because if you can't block the money you pay Dalton and Green is a waste of money if they don't have time to pass....Mike Brown and Family are THE WORST and MOST STUPID owners in NFL......So even if this team got rid of Marvin and Dalton, you would still have Mike Brown and Family and as long as they are here, well, they just don't know football. Paul Brown knew football, but his kids are a bunch of no good lawyers. That's all they are. They went to law school. They don't know football.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
At this point I almost hope the Colts roll on us and we lose out. Its still not likely Marvin doesn't get extended but its maybe the only chance.
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2017, 08:42 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: LOL. We have no clue what Ross would do and wouldn't do. What players do in college doesn't always translate to the Pros.

My guess is there are more issues with Ross than the knee.

Meh, at least when people assume Ross is a gem WR we refuse to play it's easier to swallow than the usual delusion we have for Binns/Salmonize/Wright/Kumerwowowowow/etc.
Reply/Quote
Guys....I see a lot of talk about WRs not getting open. It does happen....but when you avg like 2.4 YPC FOR THE YEAR...you don't have to defend the run, leaving the passing game in a no win situation. Paul Alexander needs fired in the locker room. If he is here next year, I am done.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-22-2017, 08:46 PM)Joelist Wrote: Exactly. Remember it is both Andy and AJ that confronted Marvin and forced the Zampese firing. Who knows? Maybe they will try it now with Piano Man - who outside of the poor front office decisions is the grand architect of this joke OL.

Who knows.  After 2010 Carson and Marvin approached Mike Brown and made demands and blah blah blah here we are.
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2017, 08:34 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: I swear, if Marvin says 'we did some good things' or 'we need to do better' during the post game presser...I'm going to punch him in his uterus!  Ninja

It's not his fault. If you were watching this game then you should know why we lost....?????
Reply/Quote
We aren't rebuilding. This isn't a team rebuild. This team is going backwards and we haven't even attempted to replace the players we lost last year knowing that Cedric was a bust and Fisher isn't a good player.

Blow up the team. Start over. New coaches, everything new. Be like the Browns and get a ton of cap space and basically start over like a first year franchise.
Reply/Quote
why do we watch the rest of the season? lol
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2017, 08:46 PM)bengalhoel Wrote: You are insane. This defense is the only thing that kept this game close. Roethlisberger passed for 224 yards, hardly passing at will. The run defense wasnt good but they stopped them when they needed to especially when our offense put them in horrible situations time after time.  

The offense showed up in the 1st half, and the D showed up in the 2nd.

Too bad they were taking turns.  Whatever
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2017, 08:40 PM)jarrod.gower76 Wrote: Dear Mike Brown

8 and under football is won with an efficient oline.  Crazy as this sounds, this also works in the NFL game.  When you settle for a QB that cannot take over a game and you put all your hope in said QB you better give that QB a line to lean on.  ****** fans knew this was a problem prior to this season and yet executives that get compensated well for their services made the decision to run with current stock at both tackle positions.  What the **** is wrong with your family?  I mean shit, a bunch of inbreeds could have accidentally won a playoff game by now...Are you tormenting those who follow your family experiment intentionally with a coach who can't manage timeouts and a front office of cousins/kids that can't figure out personnel and salary cap rules?  If so we'll played Mike Brown, you are truly a *****....

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

You made an account just for this one post. It was a good post though.
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote