Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
***Week 7 GameDay Thread - Browns @ Bengals***
(10-25-2020, 05:39 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Choose a better DC.
Get better in the Red Zone.
Stop losing.

Add draft actual impact players in the 2nd round instead of a Drew Sample.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-25-2020, 05:43 PM)pally Wrote: didn't take him long
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">~6000 sqft city view with huge balcony. 4 bedroom. 4.5 bathroom. In one of the best school districts for sale. Do your market analysis and make me offer. Serious inquiries only with proof of funds! <br><br>Owner is willing to sell furnished or unfurnished!</p>&mdash; Carlos Dunlap (@Carlos_Dunlap) <a href="https://twitter.com/Carlos_Dunlap/status/1320465550968053761?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">October 25, 2020</a></blockquote>

Christ sake Carlos, shut the F up.

Seriously, after a loss like that, your first inclination is to post another drama queen tweet?
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2020, 05:46 PM)J24 Wrote: We stopped the run today Ninja I mean seriously WTF we play our best game against the Ravens on Defense and then this shit the past two weeks. WTF! Also I know Dunlap and Geno are going to get all the blame but I don't think they even played 20 snaps today.

The problem is, even during the plays when they were in, they were invisible.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2020, 05:44 PM)Tony Wrote: Honestly Burrows Int inside the 5 yard line killed them today too, At worst that's 3 points. Let's not forget about Burrows horrible throw that should have been a pick 6 that #39 just dropped.. He is still making back breaking mistakes. Just calling it like it is..

Wow...you haven’t been banned yet?

I’m sure it was his fault that 2 lineman false started on the last drive too.

Pretty god damned stupid to expect a rookie not to make mistakes. Even ***** dumber to not acknowledge the fact that Burrow is the only reason they had a chance to win this game. Just STFU already.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2020, 05:43 PM)TKUHL Wrote: To be honest Green looks like Ross out there. There I said it cause that’s exactly the type of effort Green has been giving. It hurts to say this cause he’s one of my favorite players, but he’s just not playing to his ability or his pay check.

Mine too, but I’m just calling it like I see it. He’s been better the past couple games, but nowhere close to a true #1. He’s clearly the 3rd best WR at this point. And the gap is pretty significant.

Reply/Quote
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">~6000 sqft city view with huge balcony. 4 bedroom. 4.5 bathroom. In one of the best school districts for sale. Do your market analysis and make me offer. Serious inquiries only with proof of funds! <br><br>Owner is willing to sell furnished or unfurnished!</p>&mdash; Carlos Dunlap (@Carlos_Dunlap) <a href="https://twitter.com/Carlos_Dunlap/status/1320465550968053761?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">October 25, 2020</a></blockquote>

Anyone want to go halfsies?  We can flip for the half bath.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2020, 05:40 PM)Stonyhands Wrote: The hot and cold defense has directly to do with good players overcoming a very bad scheme.  When you neutralize those good players by disenfranchising them you now have a consistently bad defense.  You’ll see things like no pressure and wide open receivers...Mayfield breaking franchise records when he’s really a trash QB that was benched last week and shit on by the media all week.  Glad Lou was able to make him relevant again while shitting all over Burrow.

You honestly think our defensive players are good?

Williams had Mayfield wrapped up for a sack on the first play of Cleveland's final drive, which would have crippled their comeback chances.  He couldn't get him on the ground and Baker hits a pass for a first.  That's an example of a great play call that failed because of poor execution.

This defense sucks so bad that it's obvious it's BOTH coaching and talent.  
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2020, 05:44 PM)Tony Wrote: Honestly Burrows Int inside the 5 yard line killed them today too, At worst that's 3 points. Let's not forget about Burrows horrible throw that should have been a pick 6 that #39 just dropped.. He is still making back breaking mistakes. Just calling it like it is..

I agree....but he'll clean those up with more experience. That INT in the end zone is a TD in college, gotta put a bit more zip on it and lead the WR a tad more with the DB underneath. I don't know what the hell was up with the ball Mitchell dropped the sure INT on. On the flip though, he hit a lazer to Boyd for a TD, made the critical read on the draw to get a 1st, and few other nice passes. Despite those two bad throws, he had a nice game. I'll take it.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-25-2020, 05:43 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Didn’t Burrow score a TD on that drive? And no, that wasn’t a bad play by Sample. The CB held his arm back and it was out of reach. Always trying to shit on Sample when he has been pretty good.

Sample is as meh as it gets. Literally any TE can give us similar production.

“BuT HiS bLOcKiNG!!!”

Reply/Quote

LOL

Reply/Quote
(10-25-2020, 05:19 PM)iowahwky4cincy Wrote: It should have been an INT. It went right through his hands. 

Right...

He got his head around just as the ball was arriving and had to twist to even get an attempt at it.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2020, 05:46 PM)J24 Wrote: We stopped the run today Ninja I mean seriously WTF we play our best game against the Ravens on Defense and then this shit the past two weeks. WTF! Also I know Dunlap and Geno are going to get all the blame but I don't think they even played 20 snaps today.

Ravens didn’t need to do much on offense one they got the early lead. If the Ravens needed more they probably would have gotten it.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2020, 05:49 PM)Stonyhands Wrote: Wow...you haven’t been banned yet?  

I’m sure it was his fault that 2 lineman false started on the last drive too.

Pretty god damned stupid to expect a rookie not to make mistakes.  Even ***** dumber to not acknowledge the fact that Burrow is the only reason they had a chance to win this game.  Just STFU already.

Exaclty. Burrown is 1 300 yard game away from tying a rookie record and its not even halfway through the season. Jesus christ. 
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2020, 05:43 PM)Stonyhands Wrote: How motivated would you be after continuously being shit on by a guy who doesn’t know what the **** he’s doing?

Like at my last job where I worked as best as I could  until I could land another one for a HUGE fraction of what these "professionals" make? You're hired to do a job, do it, results be damned. Ask for a trade, seek offers behind their back, but do your damn job. That's just how a man should handle his business to me.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-25-2020, 05:42 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: And 3 passing TD’s is not a good day now? You’re being ridiculous.

Should have been 4 if Sample was any kind of play maker. Joe dropped an absolute dime in there for him but ofc Sample let the DB recover and break it up.

AJ nearly had one as well in spite of Joe's bobble that he recovered from and dropped another dime. Either way, Joe should not even be mentioned today unless it's to say his team / coaches screwed him. End of conversation period.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2020, 05:49 PM)Whatever Wrote: You honestly think our defensive players are good?

Williams had Mayfield wrapped up for a sack on the first play of Cleveland's final drive, which would have crippled their comeback chances.  He couldn't get him on the ground and Baker hits a pass for a first.  That's an example of a great play call that failed because of poor execution.

This defense sucks so bad that it's obvious it's BOTH coaching and talent.  

There are some good players on this defense. They are not all garbage. Scheme has a lot to do with it. Announcers were all over it. Giving cushions in certain situations. Even if we had a hall of fame defensive roster it wouldn’t help because of the scheme. He’s just not calling the right plays for the down and distance.

There’s no denying that this defense has been hot or cold all year. It’s also known that Lou and Taylor has really pissed off our veteran players. Lou is looking for a scapegoat and it’s our veteran players. Now they are pissed and getting shot for playing time and the defense is now consistently cold.
Reply/Quote
When you hire your 8th D coordinator choice I guess this should have been expected. As much as I hate to say this, I really don’t see Mike Brown doing anything in regards to holding anyone accountable for this shitty D. 31 other teams in the league would make a change in a heartbeat, but not us. Besides who in the hell wants to come here. Nobody, it’s was pretty evident in the hiring process. This team is just damned as long as Brown is in charge.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2020, 05:49 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: The problem is, even during the plays when they were in, they were invisible.

Do honestly expect players to have an impact we they play limited snaps? 
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2020, 05:50 PM)Wyche Wrote: I agree....but he'll clean those up with more experience. That INT in the end zone is a TD in college, gotta put a bit more zip on it and lead the WR a tad more with the DB underneath. I don't know what the hell was up with the ball Mitchell dropped the sure INT on. On the flip though, he hit a lazer to Boyd for a TD, made the critical read on the draw to get a 1st, and few other nice passes. Despite those two bad throws, he had a nice game. I'll take it.

Even the elite QB's throw balls that should have been picked.  Obviously, it was a good break for us that it was dropped, but it just looked like he and AJ weren't on the same page.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2020, 05:53 PM)Ctfan73 Wrote: Ravens didn’t need to do much on offense one they got the early lead. If the Ravens needed more they probably would have gotten it.

Yeah because that's how the NFL works.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote