Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
***Week 7 GameDay Thread - Browns @ Bengals***
(10-25-2020, 05:21 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Boomer Esiason is full of it.  The future is NOT bright in Cincinnati.  Yes, Burrow throws for a lot of yards but that’s because he has more pass attempts.  Not enough of these throws are going for touchdowns.

Completed 74.4% of his passes, 406 yards, 8.6 ypa, 3 TD passes, 112.5 rating...

The future may not be bright but it's not because of the QB. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2020, 05:55 PM)J24 Wrote: Do honestly expect players to have an impact we they play limited snaps? 

By the way this isn't an excuse for how Dunlap is acting he needs to grow the F up.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2020, 05:46 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Add draft actual impact players in the 2nd round instead of a Drew Sample.

Tee Higgins?
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2020, 05:50 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: I agree....but he'll clean those up with more experience. That INT in the end zone is a TD in college, gotta put a bit more zip on it and lead the WR a tad more with the DB underneath. I don't know what the hell was up with the ball Mitchell dropped the sure INT on. On the flip though, he hit a lazer to Boyd for a TD, made the critical read on the draw to get a 1st, and few other nice passes. Despite those two bad throws, he had a nice game. I'll take it.

Not trying to pick on you Wyche, but 406 yds 4 total TD’s 1 INT 112.5 rating is more than just “nice.”

When your QB does that you HAVE to win the game.

Reply/Quote
(10-25-2020, 05:56 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Completed 74.4% of his passes, 406 yards, 8.6 ypa, 3 TD passes, 112.5 rating...

The future may not be bright but it's not because of the QB. 

There’s no bright future for this franchise so long as it’s owned by the same family.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2020, 05:21 PM)swilson3828 Wrote: ........but he didn't tip the ball and got beat for the game winning TD.  Enough said

Yeah. It's unfortunate that every Bengal can't make every single play, every game. I sure wish the other team wasn't allowed to have other good, professional players on their team...

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2020, 05:57 PM)Whatever Wrote: Tee Higgins?

Great pick. Does that excuse all the bad ones?

Reply/Quote
(10-25-2020, 05:44 PM)Tony Wrote: Honestly Burrows Int inside the 5 yard line killed them today too, At worst that's 3 points. Let's not forget about Burrows horrible throw that should have been a pick 6 that #39 just dropped.. He is still making back breaking mistakes. Just calling it like it is..

The pick in the endzone was a dog shit play call, at least roll him out so 5 people are standing in front of him.
Reply/Quote
Carlos is so full of shit he needs 4 1/2 bathrooms!?!
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2020, 05:55 PM)Whatever Wrote: Even the elite QB's throw balls that should have been picked.  Obviously, it was a good break for us that it was dropped, but it just looked like he and AJ weren't on the same page.

Yep, I'll take that game from a QB every day.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-25-2020, 05:56 PM)J24 Wrote: By the way this isn't an excuse for how Dunlap is acting he needs to grow the F up.

Plenty to go around IMO on that side of the ball. Players didn't step up at the end, coaches didn't arguably put them in position to. Dump Lou immediately, with Taylor on thin ice. Dump players who refuse to give a new D coordinator a chance for whatever you can get pick or trade. If they opt to stay, hear them out and see if things change under different scheme. This year is done, from here out it's about finding out what's going to work for next year. Taylor is responsible for overseeing all of it and seeing if we need player changes or scheme changes or both.
Reply/Quote
Zack's pressers are worst than Marvin....
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2020, 05:58 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Not trying to pick on you Wyche, but 406 yds 4 total TD’s 1 INT 112.5 rating is more than just “nice.”

When your QB does that you HAVE to win the game.

Yeah, like I said in another reply, I'll take that game every day from a QB. 

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-25-2020, 05:21 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Apparently half our fans are siding with Carlos and half aren't. I'm with Carlos on this one, would 100% love to hear what's going on in locker room. Don't care to hear Zac's side of the story ever again. Will he ever take blame?

Zac talks a bunch of shit about "believe this, believe that" and "we have to do better". He's a snake oil salesman trying to blow magic smoke up my ass and i'm not having it. Burrow says Zac is great but what else is he going to say? His record and the way they lose speaks for itself. 

He's a total pile of shit as a HC. Whether that's who he picks as his coaches, how he game plans or how he does on game day. He's doing nothing but failing. 

Defense plays great for a couple weeks but the offense blows. The offense gets it together and then the defense blows. Next week, offense and defense will play well and ST will do one or two things to screw it up for another loss and all we will hear is "so close--play here, play there--do better--stay positive--early" blah blah blah. 

They lose all the games they have a chance to win and get blown out when they play really good teams. 

Reply/Quote
(10-25-2020, 05:51 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Sample is as meh as it gets. Literally any TE can give us similar production.

“BuT HiS bLOcKiNG!!!”

Sample = Kroft 2.0 but I will say he’s been making plays lately. So at least he’s learning and getting better every week. He may surprise all of us another year or two down the road.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2020, 05:54 PM)TKUHL Wrote: When you hire your 8th D coordinator choice I guess this should have been expected. 

I say all the time this team really has not earned the choice of who to get in here. Coaches and FA Players do have a choice, and it always isn't about the paycheck. Cincy is a reputation ruiner.
Reply/Quote
At least on the bright side maybe we can get bienemy or salah at the end of the year. Hell there is a small chance we could get zimmer.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2020, 05:24 PM)thompson19osu Wrote: The Bengals did not punt once today and still lost. Also ignoring the kneel at half they had 5 straight TD drives....5 in a row, onw with a minute left and no timeouts.  Thats almost unthinkable in the NFL. This staff and team impress me in how they manage to lose in new ways every week.

It is absolutely amazing and mind boggling that they can find new ways to lose every week. You almost have to try, in order to do that. 

Reply/Quote
(10-25-2020, 05:25 PM)Destro Wrote: Carlos may or may not be acting like a douche, I don't know. Doesn't mean he is 100% wrong. 

I miss the fight on the sideline. Anyone with video?

I rewound it and watched. You only got a glimpse of the end. He was yelling at someone and other players were in front of him, walking him back. 

Reply/Quote
(10-25-2020, 05:16 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Don't be one of the dummies here. He was right there and came within a whisker of tipping that ball. 

Guess Im a dummy then, cause I see him constantly beat all year.  What other names ya got to call me?
Reply/Quote