Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
***Week 8 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Jets***
(10-31-2021, 05:23 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Well, I'm a man of my word. I won't be here next week (still watching the game, obviously), though someone may need to remind me.

It just saddens me that so many supposed Bengals fans are happy that we lost. They were so hoping that they were right early in the game and that we would end up losing instead of hoping they were wrong and the Bengals would come back and win. I'm not talking about all the ones who took my bet, either. I know a couple of those guys wanted to be wrong. But, you know who you are.

So enjoy a week with less optimism as I watch the game without chatting.

I’m not at all happy we lost, and think most others feel the same. I’m just not surprised at all. I fully expected a mental lapse and loss. Right now, I think we’ll get beat badly next week, but won’t be surprised to see them play great and beat the Browns.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
If it wasn't for the 2 INT the game would've never been close.

You could see the writing on the wall from the beginning....
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2021, 05:20 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: Peace out Phil.

You know what? I’ll take the break with you. **** this team. **** this franchise. No professional sports team in the world finds ways to lose like this one. 99% chance to win and they blew it. No one - no one else loses like these guys. This franchise is ***** cursed and I have believed that for 20 years.

I get that optimism for the Bengals is hard to come by given our history. I'd just rather believe that we've turned the corner this year, even with a game liks today's. I fully expect this to be a wakeup call and you won't see another game like this one unless it's to a superior team (or a least as superior offense). 

See ya in Jungle Noise and hope next week's GameDay thread is filled with cheers as the Bengals DESTROY the Browns.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2021, 05:23 PM)kevin Wrote: There goes all the Love and Hype by the media. In fact Browns will be the Favorite to beat Bengals next week.

Good. Maybe next time one good win won’t get to their heads.
Reply/Quote
Glad I went to the liquor store. Terrible loss for sure. On to the Browns.

[Image: UahsiIk.jpeg]
Reply/Quote
Wow, some of you really are a class act.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2021, 05:20 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: Peace out Phil.

You know what? I’ll take the break with you. **** this team. **** this franchise. No professional sports team in the world finds ways to lose like this one. 99% chance to win and they blew it. No one - no one else loses like these guys. This franchise is ***** cursed and I have believed that for 20 years.

Wow lol love how people overreacted to the win last week and then overreact to a loss this week. It stings and shoulda never happened but is not the end of the world. It’s one loss. Doesn’t count any more than any other game. Style points don’t matter in the NFL like college. It’s our first conference loss this season. Everything is still in front of us. Defense hasn’t played that bad all year, no reason to think they’re magically going to collapse like that the rest of the season. They’ll get it fixed and life will go on.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2021, 05:23 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Well, I'm a man of my word. I won't be here next week (still watching the game, obviously), though someone may need to remind me.

It just saddens me that so many supposed Bengals fans are happy that we lost. They were so hoping that they were right early in the game and that we would end up losing instead of hoping they were wrong and the Bengals would come back and win. I'm not talking about all the ones who took my bet, either. I know a couple of those guys wanted to be wrong. But, you know who you are.

Don't know what exactly to feel right now, but it sure as **** aint happy Mad

If you want to be the laughingstock of the league, get a HUGE division win and then look like dogshit the next week in the media capitol of the world.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2021, 05:23 PM)Housh Wrote: Refs gave NYJ the game. Idk how anyone could be mad.

side note. Im setting uber negative posters on ignore. That crying all game shit is dead

Wrong. Jets man handled the Bungles and piled up over 500 yards against these pretenders. Like it or not the negative posters were right again today
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2021, 05:27 PM)PhilHos Wrote: I get that optimism for the Bengals is hard to come by given our history. I'd just rather believe that we've turned the corner this year, even with a game liks today's. I fully expect this to be a wakeup call and you won't see another game like this one unless it's to a superior team (or a least as superior offense). 

See ya in Jungle Noise and hope next week's GameDay thread is filled with cheers as the Bengals DESTROY the Browns.

How about answering the question?
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Well, I'm NOT HAPPY.   The phone has rang all game from my brother who likes to call when Bengals play bad, and I have picked up and hung up on my brother before he can start his crap.  NO, I'm NOT HAPPY.   
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2021, 05:26 PM)Weazzel80 Wrote: I don't understand why helmet to helmet hits aren't called on every single ***** play. Almost every time someone gets tackled someone bumps helmets I don't get it.

Even worse when the offense player is the one who initiated it.
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2021, 05:24 PM)grampahol Wrote: Oh well sports fans,  this is why you never sleep on any team. Last place teams often win against the best teams..
Give White a ton of credit. He threw a great game and Bengals D laid an egg..
On to Cleveland.

It's also why I don't gamble on football games or games in general. Anyone can take your money. 

Uhhhhhh.....THIS is why Bungle fans never have 100% confidence in a Bungle win.  Any team that absolutely needs a win salivates when they see the Bungles as their next game because they know against the Bungles even the worst of the worst have a chance.  It's as simple as that
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2021, 05:24 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: This is like Michigan losing to Appalachian St. This all on Taylor

It's absolutely nothing like that.  Guys in the league have been the best player on every team they've played on, usually up to and through D1 ball.  Every one of them gets paid to do what they do.  A premier D1 team with 4 and 5 star recruits losing to a team with maybe 2 4 stars, some 2s and 3s and some walk-ons is in no way like a favored pro team losing to a bottom-dwelling pro team.  Awful take. 
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2021, 05:27 PM)GodFather Wrote: If it wasn't for the 2 INT the game would've never been close.

You could see the writing on the wall from the beginning....

Exactly what I said all game long.

This team is not ready.  It's not the Chiefs.  It's not the Buccaneers.  We have a slightly better team than last year.  That's all.

P.S.: Those were tip interceptions as well. Pretty much just fluke plays.
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2021, 05:22 PM)Bronxbengal Wrote: Every game Joe throws that one dumbass interception. Every freaking game

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It doesn’t help that his scrub o-line didn’t even make an attempt to touch the defender. The o-line was absolute garbage. The ***** play calling was absolute garbage. The defensive game plan was absolute garbage. When you play like garbage all game long and let a garbage team hang around the NFL is going to make-up garbage calls.

This is a typical Mike Brown loss. Losing in every ***** way possible that he refused to address. Sometimes no amount of talent in the world is going to overcome garbage coaching. That’s always been Mike Browns M.O.

When you get to the playoffs you face great coaching…unless you’re playing the Bengals. Which is exactly why the Bengals will never win a playoff game as long as Mike Brown is breathing.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2021, 05:21 PM)PCB Bengal Fan Wrote: All you guys giving crap to anyone that believed we were going to lose, you can suck it. We've seen this show many many times before. If not for the 3 turnovers we would've been blown out.

IF only we had stopped them on every offensive possession, we'd have blown THEM Out. Guess what, we didn't. Just like we got those 3 turnovers. Only losers play the woulda coulda shoulda game.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2021, 05:28 PM)kevin Wrote: Well, I'm NOT HAPPY.   The phone has rang all game from my brother who likes to call when Bengals play bad, and I have picked up and hung up on my brother before he can start his crap.  NO, I'm NOT HAPPY.   

Lol well I hope you return the favor unless he's one of these ***** who likes to talk shit but doesn't pull for anyone himself
Reply/Quote
One of the worst coached defensive games I have ever seen. The Jets have ZERO deep threats and they dropped deep in coverage over and over.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2021, 05:20 PM)kevin Wrote: but the Bengals shouldn't have been down 3 points to The JETS ANYWAY. 

This. 

NOTHING should matter if you're up by 3-4 TDs. It was too close for too long. I tried to be optimistic earlier...but, ah...the Bengals need to do a LOT of soul searching after this embarrasing junior high bullshit. 

A little coach searching won't hurt, either.
Reply/Quote