Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
***Week 8 GameDay Thread...Redskins @ Bengals***
(10-30-2016, 02:47 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Not that Nuge has not been having a great year, but did it go over everyone's head that both kickers were having trouble kicking off the grass field at Wembley? It's set up for soccer...not football.

Enough trouble to miss a point after? I think not. Nugent needs to go in the off season. It's over.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2016, 02:33 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: I'm done with this season. See you at the draft.

[Image: 21b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Team has no control

We should be better than this. Our core has played together for too long
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2016, 02:50 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote: Enough trouble to miss a point after? I think not. Nugent needs to go in the off season. It's over.

For what it's worth, that miss was longer than Washington's miss in OT.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2016, 02:50 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote: Enough trouble to miss a point after? I think not. Nugent needs to go in the off season. It's over.

PAT's have been moved back, there have been a lot of missed ones this year. It's not a gimme anymore. I'm not against replacing Nuge just as soon as we find someone better. You got one in your back pocket?
Reply/Quote
Ok, so they tied. The important question is am I going to be able to save enough money to get the tree trunk in the front yard milled down into lumber? It's about 200 board feet of birch..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Jesus H. Christ, there are people who actually argue that Nugent is bad at his job because the grass in London, England is not sufficient for football.
Reply/Quote
Lol at Nugent excuses...
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Last time it's the wind, now it's the field, earlier it's Huber's fault. Next it'll be his shoes, he needs new shoes.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2016, 02:54 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Lol at Nugent excuses...

But dude...like....Wembley Stadium hosts a lot of soccer games, so like, Nugent is good.  Stop being meanies!
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2016, 02:52 PM)Sled21 Wrote: PAT's have been moved back, there have been a lot of missed ones this year. It's not a gimme anymore. I'm not against replacing Nuge just as soon as we find someone better. You got one in your back pocket?

I didn't say now. I said in the off season. Not hard to understand is it?
Reply/Quote
Personally I like the guy, at least what we see in interviews, he's polite. If it makes anyone feel better, we can use the term release instead of fire.

He will get a job elsewhere, there are enough bad kickers out there mates.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2016, 02:55 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote: I didn't say now. I said in the off season. Not hard to understand is it?

Now, the off season....you still have to find someone better.....
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2016, 02:52 PM)grampahol Wrote: Ok, so they tied. The important question is am I going to be able to save enough money to get the tree trunk in the front yard milled down into lumber?  It's about 200 board feet of birch..

Ever thought of doing it yourself?

http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/NTESearch?storeId=6970&ipp=24&Ntt=lumber
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2016, 02:52 PM)JumboTron Wrote: Jesus H. Christ, there are people who actually argue that Nugent is bad at his job because the grass in London, England is not sufficient for football.

And obviously there are people who didn't catch the fact neither kicker could really kick off that turf...like I said, it's not that I'm not ok with replacing him, come up with someone better who's available....
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2016, 02:49 PM)drgonzo Wrote: When does brown realize that Marvin just isn't the guy?

As soon as he gives up on his delusional dream of winning with "his guy" in "his way".

It's not like Mikey boy doesn't want to win, he just doesn't know how. He's too stubborn for his own good and keeps his buddies on staff far too long (I.e. Marvin and Paul Alexander). 
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2016, 02:57 PM)Sled21 Wrote: And obviously there are people who didn't catch the fact neither kicker could really kick off that turf...

Just stop.  This is embarrassing.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2016, 02:57 PM)Sled21 Wrote: And obviously there are people who didn't catch the fact neither kicker could really kick off that turf...

Is London turf somehow different than American turf?
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2016, 02:56 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Now, the off season....you still have to find someone better.....

So there's not a better option in upcoming draft? I can't name one off hand but that doesn't mean there's not one there.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2016, 02:59 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Is London turf somehow different than American turf?

Yeah, the kickers aren't used to it. It's in better condition, because they play the game of Football the rest of the world knows and admires more. They wouldn't stand for any less...
Reply/Quote