Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
***Week 8 GameDay Thread...Redskins @ Bengals***
(10-30-2016, 02:59 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Is London turf somehow different than American turf?

Uh yeah, that was grass....most American stadiums are artificial....
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2016, 02:58 PM)JumboTron Wrote: Just stop.  This is embarrassing.

Oh, I'm sorry, how many kicks were missed in that game and from what distances???
Reply/Quote
If it's windy, but both QBs aren't completing passes, do you think it's OK? Lol. I don't even know how to argue with you sled, so far off base. Have to be drunk.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2016, 03:01 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Oh, I'm sorry, how many kicks were missed in that game and from what distances???

How do you explain Nugent's below average 49+ yard accuracy overall for his career? How many excuses are found? Below average is the phrase you should concentrate on and try to come up with something. 

Bro just missed 4 kicks in 2 games. 3 FGs and 1 XP. Explain.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2016, 02:59 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Is London turf somehow different than American turf?

Supposedly it is really long in comparison to a regular football field, and has been said to be very subpar by teams that have played there.

From the stadium side it has been said that it gets completely ruined by NFL games being played on it.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2016, 02:37 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: A tie is certainly better than a loss, but through half a season, we still don't have a win against a team with a winning record...now 0-4-1.  Whatever

There's nothing inspiring or hopeful about this team. 

Marv can't get gone soon enough for me. 

Washington served the game up on a platter for them and the Bengals continued to push it away. 
Cousins attempted 50+ passes and only 1 sack. Teams rarely win when your QB throws that much and he's not named Brady.
15 Penalties! How does a team commit 15 penalties and not lose?
Dalton channeled his inner Marv today. 

This is looking more and more like a .500 team even with the remaining schedule. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2016, 02:38 PM)kevin Wrote: This is NOT the Bengals Defense that has been taking us to play-off seasons....I don't know if we miss Hall or Nelson or Hawk or whoever, but we are way off on defense.

The 2 biggest things this D is missing, is a not fat Burfict (lose 20lbs asap man) and a defensive line that tries to get around offensive linemen instead of trying to run through them play after play after play after play. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2016, 03:03 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Supposedly it is really long in comparison to a regular football field, and has been said to be very subpar by teams that have played there.

From the stadium side it has been said that it gets completely ruined by NFL games being played on it.

It's also crowned differently....
Reply/Quote
Late in the 4th, didn't AJ drop a deep catch-able ball from Andy? It was with like a minute left if I remember. They were at about midfield.
[Image: WiscoFan.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2016, 03:03 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: There's nothing inspiring or hopeful about this team. 

Marv can't get gone soon enough for me. 

Washington served the game up on a platter for them and the Bengals continued to push it away. 
Cousins attempted 50+ passes and only 1 sack. Teams rarely win when your QB throws that much and he's not named Brady.
15 Penalties! How does a team commit 15 penalties and not lose?
Dalton channeled his inner Marv today. 

This is looking more and more like a .500 team even with the remaining schedule. 

purrty much.....doesn't matter if you make the playoffs and can't beat NE DEN or PIT which we probably will get a win against PIT later on this season. still won't matter. we hold NO tiebreakers now. season complete.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2016, 03:03 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: How do you explain Nugent's below average 49+ yard accuracy overall for his career? How many excuses are found? Below average is the phrase you should concentrate on and try to come up with something. 

Bro just missed 4 kicks in 2 games. 3 FGs and 1 XP. Explain.

As I said, who do you have to replace him with that's better and available??  I'm waiting.... better and available are the phrases you should concentrate on and try to come up with someone....
Reply/Quote
You have to be related to him somehow. If you are, I'm sorry. It's not personal. Time to move on. It happens to all of them.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2016, 03:08 PM)Sled21 Wrote: As I said, who do you have to replace him with that's better and available??  I'm waiting.... better and available are the phrases you should concentrate on and try to come up with someone....

Who is your college team, by the way?
Reply/Quote
Just heading home after the game, one we could (should?) have won, one we could (should?) have lost. Neutrals here loved it though.

Seen some posts about the turf. There were a few players slipping over on it and I suspect it was 'long'. There's a soccer match there in midweek so they'll have protected it I suspect.

Great to meet some US-based Bengals but I hope for your sakes it's the last home game that gets given up.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2016, 03:20 PM)Ned Ludd Wrote: Just heading home after the game, one we could (should?) have won, one we could (should?) have lost. Neutrals here loved it though.

Seen some posts about the turf. There were a few players slipping over on it and I suspect it was 'long'. There's a soccer match there in midweek so they'll have protected it I suspect.

Great to meet some US-based Bengals but I hope for your sakes it's the last home game that gets given up.

Where are you from Ned? I'm from Birmingham, couldn't go today though because i'm flying out to Germany tonight 
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2016, 03:20 PM)Ned Ludd Wrote: Just heading home after the game, one we could (should?) have won, one we could (should?) have lost. Neutrals here loved it though.

Glad you got to enjoy the team in person. ThumbsUp 

Just wish they hadn't been so lame in so many areas, leading to the tie. I'm sure it was a decent game to watch if you didn't have a rooting interest though. 

Reply/Quote
(10-30-2016, 03:34 PM)Seaneh Wrote: Where are you from Ned? I'm from Birmingham, couldn't go today though because i'm flying out to Germany tonight 

I'm in Solihull. Real shame you missed today but it wasn't one for anyone but the neutral to be honest.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2016, 03:10 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote: You have to be related to him somehow. If you are, I'm sorry. It's not personal. Time to move on. It happens to all of them.

Nope, not related and totally fine moving on.......... just as soon as someone answers who is better and available. You don't throw something away until you have an upgrade. If there is no upgrade available then we roll with Nuge.... all the rest is just whining.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2016, 03:12 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Who is your college team, by the way?

Louisville......why?
Reply/Quote
Well what can i say. Maybe because i finally got to see the Bengals in the flesh so to speak i really enjoyed the whole day despite the draw, especially the way both teams tried to give the game away i couldn't be too down about it. I don't know how it came across on TV but it was the 4th international series game I have been to but the atmosphere by far was the best, Crowd were making a fair bit of noise especially on 3rd downs and really got involved.

Shame we didn't get a win.
Reply/Quote