Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
***Week 9 GameDay Thread - Browns @ Bengals***
(11-07-2021, 06:39 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Mayfield throws low, fast, high spin line drives in the Red Zone. Those things are hard to pick off.

Ok but baker would throw those kind of ints when forcing it to Odell. That is the point. Burrow is forcing it to chase, and it’s getting picked
Reply/Quote
There really isn't anything original any of us can post. This franchise has had more downs than ups since 1990. The team still has a winning record, so I'll take it; however, I think the season will end as most Bengals seasons do-disappointment.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2021, 06:41 PM)Tony Wrote: Burrows my favorite player lol... Just stating some opinions is all.. I think his arm strength has gotten him into some bad situations , to where it didn't in college... He just needs to find a way to overcome it. Until, that it's a huge problem...

We also need to realize Joe Burrow is only as good as the game plan Zac Taylor comes up with. That’s a serious anchor weighing Joe down.
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2021, 06:20 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Weird day...Cowboys and Bills look bad against lesser teams, the Bengals get handled by the Browns, Raiders fall to the Giants, Vikes take Ravens to OT. Damn.

Almost like the WW.........errr...........the NFL planned it that way.   Ninja
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2021, 06:40 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: I guess you won't have to waste your time posting in any more game day threads this year then. 

I forgot - we're supposed to be smiling and happy and just spewing nonsense like "wait till next time"....which will play out the same as this time. Please provide conclusive proof that the team will not just suck out the rest of the season and fail to make postseason. 
Reply/Quote
After the game went final, I realized that I could have watched the remainder of the game on the Sunday Ticket app on the ipad. The game had been on local TV, so it was blocked on my dish
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2021, 06:43 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: We also need to realize Joe Burrow is only as good as the game plan Zac Taylor comes up with.  That’s a serious anchor weighing Joe down.

He's coming off injury too.. I chalk it up to him just learning still.  Even if they were to lose every game left and he doesn't play well, I'd still be on the Burrow train. Shit happens.. It's how the work to fix it that matters...
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2021, 06:44 PM)Joelist Wrote: I forgot - we're supposed to be smiling and happy and just spewing nonsense like "wait till next time"....which will play out the same as this time. Please provide conclusive proof that the team will not just suck out the rest of the season and fail to make postseason. 

You said the season was over.
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2021, 06:46 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: You said the season was already over. 

And I am challenging you to prove it isn't. PROVE that they WILL - not MIGHT, WILL - make postseason. 
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2021, 06:46 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: You said the season was over.

He also said it looked like Chase was starting to look like a wasted pick.  LoL.   So I would not take anything he says seriously or even worth entertaining.  

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2021, 06:34 PM)Whacked Wrote: Dallas and Carolina screwed us w Denver and New England

Jags and Giants did us a favor w the Bills and Raiders

Vikes screwed us last minute w the Rat Turds

We all know the Bears will screw us w the Stoolers
The team that screwed the Bengals are the Bengals...
Cindy Lauper <--- (Sp) wrote  a song years back that sums up this franchise as a whole
True colors are shining thru and $hit play/coaching  is simply pathetic
THis Team simply cant have nice toys  and winning culturers
Jokers
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2021, 06:24 PM)The Caped Crusader Wrote: Me too!

Evening ruined, again. Jets felt horrible. This feels equally bad. 

I feel your pain buddy.  I am one of the Bengal fan "elites".  I have never witnessed the Bengals win a playoff game in my adult life.
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2021, 06:41 PM)Tony Wrote: Burrows my favorite player lol... Just stating some opinions is all.. I think his arm strength has gotten him into some bad situations , to where it didn't in college... He just needs to find a way to overcome it. Until, that it's a huge problem...

BS, he’s your favorite player. You are way far off on your professional analysis. You’re expecting too much from a guy playing for a franchise that hasn’t won a single playoff game in over 2 decades. With a shit inexperienced coaching staff and non-existent front office scouting team.

He doesn’t even have a full NFL season under his belt and because he through a pick 6 all of a sudden his arm is too weak for the NFL. **** off out of here. Funny how just two weeks ago he was being touted as Joe Montana with a better arm by Phil Simms. Montana, Brady, Manning, Rodgers, Marino…you name it they’ve all thrown pick 6’s.
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2021, 06:50 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: I feel your pain buddy.  I am one of the Bengal fan "elites".  I have never witnessed the Bengals win a playoff game in my adult life.

I'm 41, and I can't remember the last playoff win, I just know I watched it somehow... Maybe the organization really is as bad as the media says it is.. I mean, you seriously have to question it at this point. Numbers say it is...
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2021, 06:48 PM)Joelist Wrote: And I am challenging you to prove it isn't. PROVE that they WILL - not MIGHT, WILL - make postseason. 

This is like someone saying 'prove' to me tomorrow's gonna be a great day or I'm not getting out bed.  Nervous
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2021, 06:43 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: We also need to realize Joe Burrow is only as good as the game plan Zac Taylor comes up with.  That’s a serious anchor weighing Joe down.

Zt is only as good as his players execution,  today Burrow sucked and chase swallowed 
Reply/Quote
I thought we were getting overhyped when we whacked the Ravens about.... to me that was clearly a 'fluke' result, in the sense we wouldn't normally beat them that heavily.... but I thought we were turning a corner.

Fast forward two weeks and jesus... get absolutely slaughtered by a no-name rookie QB, and then get a pasting at the hands of a very underwhelming Browns team. Add into the pot, that the Jets and Browns, are two franchises largely as laughable as we are (historically).

Usually I'd say 'same old Bengals', but it's difficult to figure out what's going on. Injuries aren't the big issue. First 7 games our defence was amazing... then give up almost 80 points in two games, to two teams who don't put up big scores. Offence... Burrow seems to have gone from the odd silly mistake to making a sizeable one every other drive.

I can only assume the team bought into their own hype after Baltimore. I really don't know what else has caused such a fall off. Beating the Ravens as badly as we did was a pretty big shock, but we were playing good football for most of those opening 7. The last 2 games have been real 'top 2 in the draft' stuff.

Any given Sunday and all that... but the team has to be consistent to mean anything, regardless of any talent they may have. I'm hoping just teething pains from a promising team, but the drop-off in the last fortnight is pretty concerning.
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2021, 06:51 PM)Stonyhands Wrote: BS, he’s your favorite player.  You are way far off on your professional analysis.  You’re expecting too much from a guy playing for a franchise that hasn’t won a single playoff game in over 2 decades.  With a shit inexperienced coaching staff and non-existent front office scouting team.  

He doesn’t even have a full NFL season under his belt and because he through a pick 6 all of a sudden his arm is too weak for the NFL.  **** off out of here.  Funny how just two weeks ago he was being touted as Joe Montana with a better arm by Phil Simms.  Montana, Brady, Manning, Rodgers, Marino…you name it they’ve all thrown pick 6’s.
Ummm no, He leads the league IN Ints...It's not about just 1. There is a lot to pick from.. 11 I think..It's ok to criticize him... Calm down... I said it's how he works to change it that will matter. He just needs to learn he can't throw all the other balls some of these stronger Arm'd QBs do... 
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2021, 06:52 PM)Tony Wrote: I'm 41, and I can't remember the last playoff win, I just know I watched it somehow... Maybe the organization really is as bad as the media says it is.. I mean, you seriously have to question it at this point. Numbers say it is...

I don't remember the playoff win, but I became a Bungles fan because Boomer almost won us a superbowl, so I must have seen it too.
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2021, 06:52 PM)Tony Wrote: Maybe the organization really is as bad as the media says it is.. I mean, you seriously have to question it at this point. Numbers say it is...

There’s doubt? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote