Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Welcome Back, Vontaze Burfict!
(09-28-2018, 09:20 PM)N_B Wrote: Loved Taz but the guy is a cheater who tried to cover it up.  That was pretty much the last straw in terms of being able to trust him

(09-28-2018, 09:23 PM)jarrod.gower76 Wrote: Lol Burfict...This guy will be a penalty machine with new rules.  What is the over under on games played prior to first ejection????  I say 2 and that is probably being overly optimistic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Way to keep it positive dudes.   ThumbsUp
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2018, 08:43 AM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Way to keep it positive dudes.   ThumbsUp

Meh, just doubting thomas’s. I think Burfict has a good idea on what the refs have been calling so he should be fine. Not saying his aggressiveness might not get the best of him from time to time, but compared to what we are used to seeing, he may seem like a changed player. Well, that’s if the refs give him equal treatment and stop flagging him every time he blinks.

Reply/Quote
(09-28-2018, 03:18 PM)I_C_DeadPeople Wrote: Elite? Child please.

One elite LB who has trouble staying on the field, one average LB and a younger LB who is inconsistent. 

LBs are a bit like WRs.  They benefit by having other good ones on the fields, and other good safeties.  I think Vigil has taken a major step forward, especially when in nickel.  He's fast, instinctive, and he's been much MORE consistent. 

I wouldn't call Preston Brown a Luke Keuchley, but in his only game with the Bengals (while healthy), he made an incredible play to tip and Andrew  Luck pass to himself for a huge INT.  Based on his previous history of tackles per season, I think he deserves a better assessment than average.
And, like Vigil, I think the best is yet to come for him when he gets to play with Burfict.

And then there is Burfict.  Trouble staying on the field, yes.  This most recent time was based on him thinking his season was over and he took a banned substance that he felt would help him heal.  He wasn't the assbagger, he was the assbagee, from JJSS.  I think he realizes, as he did last season, that he is on strike three and he will play accordingly.

That is a pretty good set of LBs.  If you watch football around the league, you see LBs that can't cover TEs, RBs, miss open field tackles, etc.  Defense overall has taken a pretty big hit.  I was hoping to see some defense in the Vikes and Rams game only to see both QBs throw for over 400 yards.

LBs have a tough assignment, based on how teams are attacking shorter distances.  I think LBs have spent their life filling rush lanes, and chasing QBs, only to suddenly have to become safeties in terms of their coverage abilities.  That was one of the reasons I wanted Shaq Griffin is all the film I saw on him at UCF showed incredible range.  

I think our LB crew with Vigil, Evans, Brown, and Burfict will be very strong down the mid-season stretch and will help solidify this defense.
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2018, 10:07 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: LBs are a bit like WRs.  They benefit by having other good ones on the fields, and other good safeties.  I think Vigil has taken a major step forward, especially when in nickel.  He's fast, instinctive, and he's been much MORE consistent. 

I wouldn't call Preston Brown a Luke Keuchley, but in his only game with the Bengals (while healthy), he made an incredible play to tip and Andrew  Luck pass to himself for a huge INT.  Based on his previous history of tackles per season, I think he deserves a better assessment than average.
And, like Vigil, I think the best is yet to come for him when he gets to play with Burfict.

And then there is Burfict.  Trouble staying on the field, yes.  This most recent time was based on him thinking his season was over and he took a banned substance that he felt would help him heal.  He wasn't the assbagger, he was the assbagee, from JJSS.  I think he realizes, as he did last season, that he is on strike three and he will play accordingly.

That is a pretty good set of LBs.  If you watch football around the league, you see LBs that can't cover TEs, RBs, miss open field tackles, etc.  Defense overall has taken a pretty big hit.  I was hoping to see some defense in the Vikes and Rams game only to see both QBs throw for over 400 yards.

LBs have a tough assignment, based on how teams are attacking shorter distances.  I think LBs have spent their life filling rush lanes, and chasing QBs, only to suddenly have to become safeties in terms of their coverage abilities.  That was one of the reasons I wanted Shaq Griffin is all the film I saw on him at UCF showed incredible range.  

I think our LB crew with Vigil, Evans, Brown, and Burfict will be very strong down the mid-season stretch and will help solidify this defense.

Very true about how the game has changed and LB's are taking a big hit across the league cause of it.

Hope you are correct about our LB's improving down the midseason stretch, think Burfict alone does this.

I just don't like our LB'er coach man, never have. Haslett has been bad here, just plain, simple and the truth.
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2018, 08:43 AM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Way to keep it positive dudes.   ThumbsUp

He’s a cheater and a liar. I’ll root like hell for him still though. It is what it is
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2018, 03:16 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Very true about how the game has changed and LB's are taking a big hit across the league cause of it.

Hope you are correct about our LB's improving down the midseason stretch, think Burfict alone does this.

I just don't like our LB'er coach man, never have. Haslett has been bad here, just plain, simple and the truth.

Burfict will make a difference, will it be enough ?
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2018, 09:24 PM)N_B Wrote: He’s a cheater and a liar. I’ll root like hell for him still though. It is what it is

Oh please. If you’re not cheating, you’re not trying. Just ask Tom Brady and Bill Belichick...

Reply/Quote
(09-29-2018, 03:16 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Very true about how the game has changed and LB's are taking a big hit across the league cause of it.

Agreed.  No one has parlayed the "former player" in to more.  I can't help but think of Vontaze as a coach on the field anyways.  I would love him on our coaching staff when his playing days are over.  
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2018, 04:07 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Oh please. If you’re not cheating, you’re not trying. Just ask Tom Brady and Bill Belichick...

So because the Pats did it, it’s ok? I’ve hated the Steelers for years because of how the league bends the rules for then
Reply/Quote
People are understamating that type of player he is which is an all pro player who knows how to run a defense. He is an elite LB and will help us tremendously with getting everyone lined up.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Guess what..... Vontaze is IN THE BUILDING!!!!!
Reply/Quote
Our back seven is not that good at all. Burfict is our guy, he's our playmaker back there. Without him our defense is basically Geno or Carlos get a sack or bust. Nobody else makes plays. He's our catalyst, the improvement we see will be sustantial and that plus this offense makes the Bengals a tough out for anybody this year. Which is why I predicted 12 wins.

You don't add Glenn and Price to a team that managed 7 wins last year without them and still only go about .500 again the next year, ya just dont. Oline is everything but I digress lol.

Getting Burfict back is huge!! Can't wait to see him out there against Miami.
Being a Bengals fan is like being in love with a narcissist.  It's a brutal, emotionally abusive relationship but I never leave and just keep making excuses for them.
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2018, 09:24 PM)N_B Wrote: He’s a cheater and a liar.  I’ll root like hell for him still though.  It is what it is

Lets face it his injury was caused by a illegal hit from a NFL employee. Why wouldn't the league allow him to repair himself as quickly as possible. Oh that's right they have a agenda that has biased against the Bengals and Burfict. In the game yesterday ,who thinks Burfict gets ejected for spearing Boyd on that last drive? The player wasn't even flagged. Let's hope Burfict acts as a field general and doesn't give the refs any reason to suspend him again.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2018, 12:28 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Burfict will make a difference, will it be enough ?

Reality is, he (Burfict) will have a lot working against him.

1.  Big bias target on his back
2.  New rules to conform to
3.  Getting into 'contact' and 'longevity' shape
4.  Staying 'within' the lines of the rules, but still being Burfict

Certainly hope he can overcome all of this.
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2018, 09:23 PM)jarrod.gower76 Wrote: Lol Burfict...This guy will be a penalty machine with new rules.  What is the over under on games played prior to first ejection????  I say 2 and that is probably being overly optimistic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is this what you're hoping for?  Cuz that's how it sounds.

Well, they said he couldn't come back from the micro-fracture and he proved "them" wrong.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(10-01-2018, 01:40 PM)McC Wrote: Is this what you're hoping for?  Cuz that's how it sounds.

Seems to be a lot of that going on.  "Fans" hoping for the worst.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2018, 08:51 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: Meh, just doubting thomas’s. I think Burfict has a good idea on what the refs have been calling so he should be fine. Not saying his aggressiveness might not get the best of him from time to time, but compared to what we are used to seeing, he may seem like a changed player. Well, that’s if the refs give him equal treatment and stop flagging him every time he blinks.

The biggest thing working against him is that every time he will go to make a tackle, every incompetent part time old asshole in goofy striped costumes will have his hand on his flag, ready to throw.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(10-01-2018, 01:48 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Seems to be a lot of that going on.  "Fans" hoping for the worst.

I know you're not responding anymore, but do you REALLY truly believe that?  Fans HOPING for the worst, as opposed to HOPING for the best, but EXPECTING the worst?

I know there are some here who hated Dalton and wanted him replaced and were truly HOPING for him to fail so management WOULD replace him, but I don't really believe that are fans that truly hope for the team to fail.

(BTW I will behave myself and stop pulling the chains of the 'painted faces' fans, and have stated so in another thread)  Wink ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2018, 01:54 PM)McC Wrote: The biggest thing working against him is that every time he will go to make a tackle, every incompetent part time old asshole in goofy striped costumes will have his hand on his flag, ready to throw.

That would be #1 for him to overcome.  Probably the most difficult of the ones to overcome and definitely 'out of his control'.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2018, 01:32 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Reality is, he (Burfict) will have a lot working against him.

1.  Big bias target on his back
2.  New rules to conform to
3.  Getting into 'contact' and 'longevity' shape
4.  Staying 'within' the lines of the rules, but still being Burfict

Certainly hope he can overcome all of this.

He's not an edge rusher so the roughing penalties aren't a big deal.  He'll be fine conditioning wise within a few games.  If the chance this team has to be great don't make him wanna not get ejected for dumb shit idk what will.  Regardless, that's our guy, if not him then who??  Cuz we don't make trades mid season for a missing piece.  Without Vontaze, our back seven is shitty.  With him, they'll be decent and that'll make our dline, which is excellent able to shine like it should.
Being a Bengals fan is like being in love with a narcissist.  It's a brutal, emotionally abusive relationship but I never leave and just keep making excuses for them.
Reply/Quote