Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Welcome Back, Vontaze Burfict!
Now those are stats I like to see. He has to have been watching all these flags flying. Refs are ruining the games in some cases.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2018, 05:17 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Wow, had no idea he made that much impact.
Haven't you watched the defense take on an entirely different aura, when he's with them?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2018, 08:32 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Haven't you watched the defense take on an entirely different aura, when he's with them?

Yes, simply stated did not see that much impact. Moving 10 places with 1 player is a lot of movement.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Very good and interesting post, Fred. Small sample size or not, I think it has significant meaning.

And let's face it, hell, there's nowhere to go but up. So, Mr. Burfict, come on down!
Reply/Quote
Our defense needs a leader out there. As said prior, his presence make others around him play better. Could be the missing puzzle. However, he may need a game or two to knock the rust off. But it should still show improvements. Just saying.

Reply/Quote
Biggest problem is the D Cordinator. Burfict can only do so much.
Reply/Quote
I can see him helping us a lot. Impressive stats! Still tho, even with Burfict, the league is obviously trying to help offenses score more like college teams do and they are favoring the offense from a reffing perspective in a big way. That is my take anyway. It's gonna be very hard or near impossible to have a legit shut down defense.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2018, 09:36 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: Biggest problem is the D Cordinator.   Burfict can only do so much.

ThumbsUp
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2018, 08:37 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Yes, simply stated did not see that much impact. Moving 10 places with 1 player is a lot of movement.

When you have a stud in the middle of the field, like Burfict, all of your front 4 can throw caution to the wind and do what they want.  There's no longer as much of a need to "stay in your lane", when a true badass has your backside covered.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Burfict doesn't sac the QB all that much, so that shouldn't be much of an issue. I'm more worried about him hitting receivers or RB's with his helmet. But, I am really looking forward to seeing Burfict, Brown and Vigil on the field together.... And yes, Clay Matthews has been strapped over a barrel and %$^% by the referees.....
Reply/Quote
I have no idea what kind of condition he is currently in, and I have no idea how much he will play Sunday.

That being said, I mentioned before the season that Vontaze seems to play his best in games that matter. When I say that, I know that all games matter, but he just seems to be at his best when our team is competitive. I hope he is excited to get back on the field and help this defense.

The Bengals are 3-1, and currently in first place in the AFC North (with the tie breaker over the Rats). I can't wait to see what he can do for this defense.
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2018, 04:38 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: I have no idea what kind of condition he is currently in, and I have no idea how much he will play Sunday.

That being said, I mentioned before the season that Vontaze seems to play his best in games that matter.  When I say that, I know that all games matter, but he just seems to be at his best when our team is competitive.  I hope he is excited to get back on the field and help this defense.  

The Bengals are 3-1, and currently in first place in the AFC North (with the tie breaker over the Rats).  I can't wait to see what he can do for this defense.

We're going to be there, I can't wait to see Burfict and Mixon back on the field!   :andy:
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
I love Burfict when he's at his best, my only concern is him staying on the field. I feel like hes going to get ejected with the new tackling rules and he does get injured quite a bit. When hes out there he makes a big difference. The key is staying on the field to make that difference.

Having said that we need him out there and Im excited to see what he does Sunday!
Reply/Quote
With the new rules Im expecting at least one personal foul penalty against him a game.

For some reason Im guessing he's no where near game ready shape and will see limited snaps on Sunday.
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2018, 05:05 PM)GodFather Wrote: I love Burfict when he's at his best, my only concern is him staying on the field. I feel like hes going to get ejected with the new tackling rules and he does get injured quite a bit. When hes out there he makes a big difference. The key is staying on the field to make that difference.

Having said that we need him out there and Im excited to see what he does Sunday!

We are going to find out just how smart Burfict is.

These rule changes could actually further his career by forcing him to give himself less concussions - if he is smart.

He has a High football IQ and should be able to adjust to the New rules - if he is smart.

Does he have a High common sense IQ to avoid roughing penalties, stop targeting various body parts of opponents (including ankle twists), avoid suspensions and not try to destroy everything he hits which leads to his own concussions ?

He has either been paying attention to the New rule changes etc, gets it & adapts  -OR-  he implodes his own career & possibly the team's fortunes with poorly timed roughing penalties, suspensions and unnecessary big hits that put him into concussion protocol.

Burfict has the Football IQ to adapt if he is smart enough to restrain himself...

His light bulb will either be on or off when it comes to this.

We will either have an intelligent contributing player or one that just can't grasp the changes going on around him.
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2018, 05:29 PM)depthchart Wrote: We are going to find out just how smart Burfict is.

These rule changes could actually further his career by forcing him to give himself less concussions - if he is smart.

He has a High football IQ and should be able to adjust to the New rules - if he is smart.

Does he have a High common sense IQ to avoid roughing penalties, stop targeting various body parts of opponents (including ankle twists), avoid suspensions and not try to destroy everything he hits which leads to his own concussions ?

He has either been paying attention to the New rule changes etc, gets it & adapts  -OR-  he implodes his own career & possibly the team's fortunes with poorly timed roughing penalties, suspensions and unnecessary big hits that put him into concussion protocol.

Burfict has the Football IQ to adapt if he is smart enough to restrain himself...

His light bulb will either be on or off when it comes to this.

We will either have an intelligent contributing player or one that just can't grasp the changes going on around him.

how many personal fouls did he have last year?
Reply/Quote
He was suspended for using performance enhancing drugs. How long was he using those and how much do they enhance a players performance? I’m guessing that he will be on a more frequent testing schedule now, will he be the same player? There’s the rule changes, drug questions, officials and league not liking him and the crazy amount of concussions he’s had. I just hope that he can dial it back just enough to stay on the field for the rest of the year. They definitely need his run stopping abilities.
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2018, 04:38 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: I have no idea what kind of condition he is currently in, and I have no idea how much he will play Sunday.

That being said, I mentioned before the season that Vontaze seems to play his best in games that matter.  When I say that, I know that all games matter, but he just seems to be at his best when our team is competitive.  I hope he is excited to get back on the field and help this defense.  

The Bengals are 3-1, and currently in first place in the AFC North (with the tie breaker over the Rats).  I can't wait to see what he can do for this defense.

I think at the very least, his presence may cut down on the apparent blown assignments we seem to be seeing way too often. 

I don't know what shape he'll be in, though I suspect he will be in at least pretty good shape. 

I suspect he will play more than the plan calls for, like he always does his first game back.

And I think he'll be able to impact the game just by being out there, even if he doesn't rack up the stats.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(10-02-2018, 05:35 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: how many personal fouls did he have last year?

He started the 2017 season with a 3 game suspension for his Pre-season hit in the Chiefs game. While I thought the NFL punished him too harshly for that hit, it was in the head & neck area & likely would be a penalty now under the New rules.

Burfict seemed to tone himself down in the 2017 regular season which is a good sign that he may tone himself down even more going forward to adjust to the 2018 rules. Don't remember any ankle twists at the end of plays in 2017.

The Bodyweight rule worries me some with Burfict going forward as he likes driving people into the ground. Holding back on certain head and neck area shots also has to happen.

The suspensions hitting his wallet may help him take the next toning down step he will need to take to show he gets it.
Reply/Quote
In the presser the day after the game someone asked Marvin about how bad the 3rd down defense was and his answer was of course "we have to play better". Then they asked how much impact Burfict coming back would effect 3rd downs ? Marvin said words to the effect of "I'm not sure how many 3rd downs Burfict is gonna see" ? Something along those lines.

I'd guess he's not gonna see a ton of snaps but like others have said I'd also bet he'll get out there more than they planned. And I think his just being out there will help a lot, even if he doesn't light the stats up.
Reply/Quote