Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Welcome Brian Callahan
Bengals likely wont announce anything... yet.

But Thank you jon Gruden...
Reply/Quote
Looks like Jon and Jay lost the Callahans playing poker. Jon did look hungover.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Is Callahan at the Senior Bowl with the rest of Gruden's staff? If so, that will be a huge advantage; especially if we go QB
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
So neither our HC nor our OC have ever been anything higher than position coach.

I hope it works but this is turning into a very big gamble.
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2019, 07:06 PM)fredtoast Wrote: So neither our HC nor our OC have ever been anything higher than position coach.

Just have to copy what the Rams did and get a VERY experienced DC. Which it sounds like exactly what we’re going for.

Reply/Quote
(01-22-2019, 07:06 PM)fredtoast Wrote: So neither our HC nor our OC have ever been anything higher than position coach.

I think the FO was so impressed with Derek Carr's performance they had to take the chance by bringing in his QB coach. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Oh good. Ten more pages of Derek Carr talk.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-22-2019, 07:11 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I think the FO was so impressed with Derek Carr's performance they had to take the chance by bringing in his QB coach. 

Good.  They were smart enough to see that the success was due to the coach instead of the QB.
Reply/Quote

I hear you Fred.

I'm not concerned with experience in terms of game strategy. My concern is Team/Personnel management. Not just during the season, but also the critical playoff and championship games.

Everything from travel time and curfew, to media time, practice, meals, etc., has to be managed well. Those responsibilities are very different from a HC vs an assistant perspective.

I'd like to see a HC with prior deep playoff experience, brought in, in some capacity (Del Rio and Bill Callahan would suffice that requiem)
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2019, 04:10 PM)McC Wrote: How odd is it that Jon Gruden was the one to announce it?

I think Jon has a soft spot for the Bengals. He graduated from UD afterall.

Reply/Quote
I haven't followed anything with Callahan. Is he any good?
[Image: Kongmoving.gif] Tiger
Reply/Quote

It's the master plan. They all fail, Mike Brown steps back in, says he was right all along and brings Marvin Lewis back on a 5 year contract.
Reply/Quote
The radio silence on bengals.com on anything coaching change, is almost SNL skit worthy..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Man, not sure about this hiring?

Reply/Quote
(01-22-2019, 08:04 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Man, not sure about this hiring?

Who's been hired?  According to the mother ship, there's not even been any talk of interviews...

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

hey did Bill Lazor work out and Ken Zampese?
Reply/Quote

A little uncertainty feels a lot better than the mind numbing certainty of what we knew we would see from the previous regime.

Reaching for greatness can be a gamble.  But it beats the hell out of knowing we were never gonna get near greatness.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-22-2019, 08:07 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Who's been hired?  According to the mother ship, there's not even been any talk of interviews...

You forgot the ninja. But if he was hired. Not sure about it.

Reply/Quote
(01-22-2019, 08:17 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: You forgot the ninja. But if he was hired. Not sure about it.

Ninja  (delayed ninja enter scene, take two)

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2019, 08:24 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Ninja  (delayed ninja enter scene, take two)

Just not sold on his experience. I guess I was hoping for more? I am excited about ZT, and terrified at the same time. He lacks it as well, but I guess names are made somewhere, let’s hope they’re made in Cincinnati. I really don’t want another long term failure. If that happens, there will be another book written about a group who walked in circles for 40yrs looking for the promised land. Ninja

Reply/Quote