Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Welcome Jermaine Burton!
(04-26-2024, 11:53 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: Very talented kid who has some maturity issues. Stupid action when TN fans stormed field. Also transferred 6 times in 8 years or something like that. He started at Georgia as freshman before transferring to Alabama (for reasons unknown) so he must the very talented.
I wonder if he knows Mims and maybe he also vouched for him?

From a guy named Matt Harmon on X…
Jermaine Burton #ReceptionPerception profile just went live on the site.

Some highlights:
- 75% success rate vs. man coverage
- 77.3% success rate vs. press coverage
- Among prospects on the site right now, both are top-3 in the class.

He has first-round WR talent. If he had a clean off-field profile, he would be in the conversation for WR4 across the industry.

What is he? 30?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2024, 11:46 PM)Cosmokramer Wrote: If someone making a post and just says “speed”. Then it’s the only comparison I need. Listed no other attributes other than speed! So yes. My expert opinion.  Move along now.

So just a dumb throw away comment?  Very beneficial to the board, thanks for sharing.

Reply/Quote
(04-26-2024, 11:53 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: Very talented kid who has some maturity issues. Stupid action when TN fans stormed field.  Also transferred 6 times in 8 years or something like that. He started at Georgia as freshman before transferring to Alabama (for reasons unknown) so he must the very talented.

Some highlights:

He has first-round WR talent. If he had a clean off-field profile, he would be in the conversation for WR4 across the industry.

That's the one thing that concerned me but, like I said in another post, I feel pretty confident that Chase and Burrow won't let him be stupid. 

With how excited Zac was, I'm fairly confident that Zac knows how to handle it and have the situation under control. 

This isn't Marvin's Bengals where he demanded no discipline, on or off the field.

He's going to dominate for us!

Burrow has to be smiling pretty big right now!
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2024, 11:59 PM)michaelsean Wrote: What is he?  30?

Burton is only 22.

Reply/Quote
(04-26-2024, 11:51 PM)samhain Wrote: We took this clown and allowed the Steelers to get Hines Ward 2.0. We will rue this pick.

I hope to god I am wrong.

Just one guy’s opinion, but he has “Yinzer” and Steelers in his bio…

Reply/Quote
(04-27-2024, 12:08 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Just one guy’s opinion, but he has “Yinzer” and Steelers in his bio…

Seems like an awfully big "if".  I hope this guy grows up fast.
Reply/Quote
"Better talent than Wilson and Franklin..."

Reply/Quote
(04-27-2024, 12:09 AM)samhain Wrote: Seems like an awfully big "if".  I hope this guy grows up fast.

You’re acting like they used a 1st round pick on him. Sounds like he’s worth the gamble.

Reply/Quote
Good pick and they just added Jackson. Starting to feel much better about this draft.
Reply/Quote
at least for one year our top 3 receivers will represent the

5-Higgins
1-Chase
3-Burton

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(04-27-2024, 12:16 AM)pally Wrote: at least for one year our top 3 receivers will represent the

5-Higgins
1-Chase
3-Burton

Nice

Reply/Quote
(04-26-2024, 11:46 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I'm excited! With teams focusing on Chase he can run wild and find the open spots deep!

It does confuse me when we still have Tee and I'm hoping one of the tight ends (Sanders!) still available for our next pick!

Zac was excited and he knows better than I do, so I'm pumped!

Very talented kid who has some maturity issues. Stupid action when TN fans stormed field. Also transferred 6 times in 8 years or something like that. He started at Georgia as freshman before transferring to Alabama (for reasons unknown) so he must the very talented.

Some highlights:

Reply/Quote
(04-27-2024, 12:06 AM)casear2727 Wrote: Burton is only 22.

I thought so too until I read he transferred something like 6 times in 8 years which I’m assuming was hyperbole. At least the 8 years part.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(04-27-2024, 12:12 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: You’re acting like they used a 1st round pick on him. Sounds like he’s worth the gamble.

If he's truly a top 20 talent in round 3, then there's a reason for it.  A reason the rest of the league understood very well.  Why invest in something so likely to be what it is?

How many other prospects at that point punched women?
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2024, 12:18 AM)michaelsean Wrote: I thought so too until I read he transferred something like 6 times in 8 years which I’m assuming was hyperbole. At least the 8 years part.

He transferred in HS to IMG then to Calabassas, but that's 3 schools dumb to bring up, many high end kids go to IMG for a year. 

Reply/Quote
I liked Coleman and Mitchell, but they were gone.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2024, 12:19 AM)samhain Wrote: If he's truly a top 20 talent in round 3, then there's a reason for it.  A reason the rest of the league understood very well.  Why invest in something so likely to be what it is?

Not sure why this is so difficult?

High end talent has character red flags, drops a couple rounds and a team takes a chance on the talent counting on the locker room and coaching staff to help the kid mature while taking advantage of the excellent talent. 

Reply/Quote
(04-27-2024, 12:19 AM)samhain Wrote: If he's truly a top 20 talent in round 3, then there's a reason for it.  A reason the rest of the league understood very well.  Why invest in something so likely to be what it is?

You obviously already have your mind made up.

The clip I saw wasn’t really a “punch” though. But for the record it was still a really dumb thing to make contact with a fan like that (especially a woman).

Reply/Quote
(04-27-2024, 12:28 AM)casear2727 Wrote: Not sure why this is so difficult?

High end talent has character red flags, drops a couple rounds and a team takes a chance on the talent counting on the locker room and coaching staff to help the kid mature while taking advantage of the excellent talent. 

I'm not sure how much the red flags played into him being in 2nd. His production in college was good, but not great. And there are a bunch of good WRs.

Look, I like the pick, but these analysts say probably 75 guys could be 1st Round picks if things went different. It's draft hyperbole.
Reply/Quote
Have to have faith in Zac, our Offensive coaches and Housh with Jermaine Burton.

It is a new age and we need to move on from the past.

Some cannot get this even after a SB appearance and 2 AFC Championship appearances.

I will move on and I hope Burton does the same and becomes a great person/player for the Bengals.

1st round talent with Burton's speed, quicks, route running and hands.
Reply/Quote