Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Welcome Jermaine Burton!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
(04-26-2024, 11:42 PM)Cosmokramer Wrote: John Ross had speed too

.....at least he wasn't smacking chicks and shoving students with cellphones.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(04-27-2024, 12:19 AM)samhain Wrote: If he's truly a top 20 talent in round 3, then there's a reason for it.  A reason the rest of the league understood very well.  Why invest in something so likely to be what it is?

How many other prospects at that point punched women?

This isn't a rape case.  On leaving the field, he got into it with a fan who was giving him a hard time. He has went to anger management.  I don't rate this as the same attacking women problems the Cleveland QB has had.  An altercation with a fan on leaving the field. 

Why not in round 1.  There was a run on QB's in round 1.  There was also many top WR's this draft class.  

The draft reports say this is a top talent worth taking a chance on after round 1.   Myself, I like Bengal TJ saying he has trained him for years, when TJ announced the pick at the draft.  I can't think TJ would waste his time on a knucklehead.  

I'll add, some of these fans that run on the field and give players a hard time, some of them need slapped.  I still love the play where the fan ran out to steal the football, and the Colts linebacker clobbered him.  The Colts linebacker said, he ran on the field like a player, so I tackled him like a player, and welcomed him to the NFL.  I do not know all the details of this fan as Burton left the field, but let's not act like he is DeShawn Watson or Kareem Hunt.  Heck, I saw a fan jump out of the stands and try to fight Boomer Esiason once, a fight the fan wished he hadn't started. Boomer is a pretty big dude. 

I like trained by TJ and I don't see a whole lot of character issues here.  A run in with a fan while leaving the field.  It says a woman, but I see some gals more man looking and trying to be more man acting than most men. I don't see the run in with a fan on leaving the field as the worst character issue ever.  Again, TJ says he has trained him for years, and I don't see TJ doing that if he was a total jerk.  Burton went to anger management, which shows he is sorry this run in with a fan on leaving the field ever happened.

I stick with I like that he was trained by TJ for years.  

As for Fans, which is short for fanatic. Once he starts scoring points for Bengals, everybody on here will say they were for drafting him all the time.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2024, 12:30 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I'm not sure how much the red flags played into him being in 2nd. His production in college was good, but not great. And there are a bunch of good WRs.

Look, I like the pick, but these analysts say probably 75 guys could be 1st Round picks if things went different. It's draft hyperbole.

There is a blanket understanding at how bad the Bama offense was, especially the inefficiency at QB.  Burton is solid.

Reply/Quote
(04-27-2024, 12:06 AM)casear2727 Wrote: Burton is only 22.

Damn.... that's a lot of transferring in a short period of time! Got any scoop as to why? 

Reply/Quote
(04-27-2024, 01:01 AM)Wyche Wrote: Damn.... that's a lot of transferring in a short period of time! Got any scoop as to why? 

probably something to do with his character

It's because you are of such profound wisdom, Frank Booth. - SunsetBengal
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2024, 12:59 AM)casear2727 Wrote: There is a blanket understanding at how bad the Bama offense was, especially the inefficiency at QB.  Burton is solid.

Watching his highlights and the game against Texas was pretty impressive.

Reply/Quote
(04-27-2024, 12:56 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:

Well, that he is acknowledging the maturity issues and he and TJ have been discussing that is a little encouraging at least. He's got skills, so if he can continue to humble himself and grow, it really could wind up a steal.

Reply/Quote
(04-27-2024, 01:01 AM)Wyche Wrote: Damn.... that's a lot of transferring in a short period of time! Got any scoop as to why? 

Yes I know exactly why, they are counting his HS years which is dumb. 

Reply/Quote
(04-27-2024, 01:02 AM)Frank Booth Wrote: probably something to do with his character

No, only the UGA to Bama transfer. 

Tons of kids go to IMG for a year in HS.

Reply/Quote
(04-27-2024, 01:08 AM)casear2727 Wrote: Yes I know exactly why, they are counting his HS years which is dumb. 

LoL, that is dumb.

Reply/Quote
(04-26-2024, 11:51 PM)samhain Wrote: We took this clown and allowed the Steelers to get Hines Ward 2.0.  We will rue this pick.

I hope to god I am wrong.

Likely are, as the new Steeler will  line up in the slot.
Reply/Quote
What would folks praising the pick say if Pi had taken him?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(04-27-2024, 01:13 AM)bfine32 Wrote: What would folks praising the pick say if Pi had taken him?

Are people praising it or just hoping for the best? I haven’t seen anyone try and excuse the Tennessee incident.

Reply/Quote
(04-27-2024, 01:24 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Are people praising it or just hoping for the best? I haven’t seen anyone try and excuse the Tennessee incident.

Yeah, I went back and re-read the last 3 pages. Folks are praising it. 

I didn't say anyone excused the Tennesse incident..

So what would you say if Pit had made the pick? 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(04-27-2024, 01:29 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Yeah, I went back and re-read the last 3 pages. Folks are praising it. 

I didn't say anyone excused the Tennesse incident..

So what would you say if Pit had made the pick? 

I’d say **** em like any other Steeler.

Reply/Quote
Watch the tape guys. That nasty hillbilly woman was coming right at him…he got frightened and had an involuntary right arm twitch/hook that accidentally connected. The guy was in danger
Reply/Quote
So he was good and transferred to a top tier high school? And then he played at UGA with AD Mitchell and Ladd Mcconkey in 2021 and won a championship? And people are mad he transferred? Mcconkey did pretty good for himself. And AD got drafted in the 2nd as well after transferring. Only so many targets to go around in that Georgia O.
Reply/Quote
Georgia and Alabama pump out NFL WRs. This dude started at both. And led the SEC in YPC last year. 7 games with a 40+ catch is pretty juicy!!
Reply/Quote