Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Welcome Sam Hubbard and Malik Jefferson!
Depth at DE and a competitor at LB. Bengal defense getting stronger!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2018, 10:55 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Depth at DE and a competitor at LB.  Bengal defense getting stronger!

Really? Wow, great picks. Shocked
Reply/Quote
I like all of our picks so far. ThumbsUp
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2018, 10:55 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Depth at DE and a competitor at LB.  Bengal defense getting stronger!

Hubbard in the 3rd is great value.! I know Malik Jefferson had a good combine but I don't know much about him... anyone?
Reply/Quote
Meh on these two picks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
Absolutely love both picks

Jefferson was a top high school linebacker was very productive as a freshmen thought of as a future top pick but In the Texas defense he was just asked to attack so he isn’t instinctive but that was scheme related. Great athlete so with good coaching and his athletic ability he has a chance to be special

Hubbard as you all know is another solid pick

My 2 cents
Reply/Quote
I'm fine with them but I still think we need more help on the O line. Would have preferred a OL player out of the 2 but I for the first time ever I stopped watching ( stressing me out) so I have no idea who is left out there, and don't care to know right now. I will take everyone word for it if these two guys were better value than the Oline left. I did notice Pitt jumped us, as I told the misses several picks before that they would as I turned the channel. Anyone think we would have pulled the trigger on the QB.
Reply/Quote
I'm good with the Hubbard pick. Good value in the 3rd. He's a high motor, high character guy. I think he has a high floor but lower ceiling than some of the other more athletic DEs in the draft which is probably why he fell.
Reply/Quote
They needed a Center, they got one.  They wanted a safety to help replace Reggie Nelson, they got one.   

Now in 3 they get Linebacker which they need and a D Lineman which they need.  Bengals have been talking edge rusher, linebacker, tackling.  Thursday was about Blocking .  Friday has been Tackling and Defense.  Safety, Linebacker, Defensive Line.  

I like the emphasis on O Line and Defense at D Line, LB and DB.   Bengals just got a whole lot tougher.  No wimpy finesse players so far.  Bengals got embarrassed by teams like Baltimore early, Jacksonville, Pittsburg by Bengals being too weak.  Bengals just got tougher and add in the Left Tackle and Linebacker not from college but from Buffalo Bills.  Include them in BENGALS GETTING TOUGHER.  Good, you can't fake everybody out with wicky wacky.  Sometimes you just have to line up and play smash mouth. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2018, 11:16 PM)kevin Wrote: They needed a Center, they got one.  They wanted a safety to help replace Reggie Nelson, they got one.   

Now in 3 they get Linebacker which they need and a D Lineman which they need.  Bengals have been talking edge rusher, linebacker, tackling.  Thursday was about Blocking .  Friday has been Tackling and Defense.  Safety, Linebacker, Defensive Line.  

I like the emphasis on O Line and Defense at D Line, LB and DB.   Bengals just got a whole lot tougher.  No wimpy finesse players so far.  Bengals got embarrassed by teams like Baltimore early, Jacksonville, Pittsburg by Bengals being too weak.  Bengals just got tougher and add in the Left Tackle and Linebacker not from college but from Buffalo Bills.  Include them in BENGALS GETTING TOUGHER.  Good, you can't fake everybody out with wicky wacky.  Sometimes you just have to line up and play smash mouth. 

Shame only Pitt is allowed to play that way. J/k
Reply/Quote
Im on board. I tried to sell myself on Hubbard in the first when i saw he was projected there. But i didnt want him that early.

Was shocked he was available in the 2nd.

Damn glad to have him in the 3rd. I thought this DE class was weak as far as depth. We just got one of the top 5 DEs in the 3rd. Has a lot of room to get stronger

With jefferson we get an overly aggressive superb athlete LB. I hope our coaches can utilize the talent. Sounds like the right kind of risk to take at LB
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2018, 11:13 PM)TKUHL Wrote: I'm fine with them but I still think we need more help on the O line. Would have preferred a OL player out of the 2 but I for the first time ever I stopped watching ( stressing me out) so I have no idea who is left out there, and don't care to know right now. I will take everyone word for it if these two guys were better value than the Oline left. I did notice Pitt jumped us, as I told the misses several picks before that they would as I turned the channel. Anyone think we would have pulled the trigger on the QB.

Orlando Brown was the most notable guy available... after Hubbard was the first pick, I wanted Brown to be the other one. That being said, it felt right that he went to the Ravens.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2018, 11:13 PM)Schmitbuck Wrote: I'm good with the Hubbard pick. Good value in the 3rd. He's a high motor, high character guy. I think he has a high floor but lower ceiling than some of the other more athletic DEs in the draft which is probably why he fell.

Aka white guy.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2018, 11:09 PM)Deanlj69 Wrote: Absolutely love both picks

Jefferson was a top high school linebacker was very productive as a freshmen thought of as a future top pick but In the Texas defense he was just asked to attack so he isn’t instinctive but that was scheme related. Great athlete so with good coaching and his athletic ability he has a chance to be special

Hubbard as you all know is another solid pick

My 2 cents

[Image: 31vd_c.gif]
Reply/Quote
My daughter went to grade school with Sam and now at OSU so that’s pretty cool. I don’t mind him in the 3rd. Thought people were nuts talking about him late 1st early 2nd.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(04-27-2018, 11:28 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Aka white guy.

Maybe we can 'roid him up a bit, like JJ Watt. Ninja

Hilarious
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
This is the worst draft we've had in years..price is about the only upside so far. Hopefully tomorrow is better.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2018, 11:28 PM)Domata94 Wrote: Orlando Brown was the most notable guy available... after Hubbard was the first pick, I wanted Brown to be the other one. That being said, it felt right that he went to the Ravens.

I wanted Brown too..cant believe we let him go he would have started easily..this is a terrible draft for us.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2018, 11:13 PM)TKUHL Wrote: I'm fine with them but I still think we need more help on the O line. Would have preferred a OL player out of the 2 but I for the first time ever I stopped watching ( stressing me out) so I have no idea who is left out there, and don't care to know right now. I will take everyone word for it if these two guys were better value than the Oline left. I did notice Pitt jumped us, as I told the misses several picks before that they would as I turned the channel. Anyone think we would have pulled the trigger on the QB.

I don't disagree that they'll need another chip on the OL, but I like the chances of them getting that guy next rd vs a useful lb (let alone back end of the rotation guy).  You have Richardson Harrison Crosby Adams and Jones still available.  
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2018, 11:28 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Aka white guy.

Striking fear into O linemen all over the NFL with the Hubbard/Glasgow combo!
Reply/Quote