Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Welcome Takk
Well shit, I was interested in seeing if he could help the pass rush. Guess not!

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I wonder if the Bengals lose their waiver wire position because he failed his physical?

Also wondering if he failed it on purpose?
Reply/Quote
That didn't last long.
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2020, 05:07 PM)BacknDaDey Wrote: I wonder if the Bengals lose their waiver wire position because he failed his physical?

He probably seen the Steelers game and failed it on purpose
Reply/Quote
Are we sure any of our other D linemen can pass a physical?
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2020, 05:07 PM)BacknDaDey Wrote: I wonder if the Bengals lose their waiver wire position because he failed his physical?

No they don't lose their position  Why would they?  Each waiver is a separate transaction

Depends on why he failed.  In most cases it tends to be an undisclosed injury, an injury that hasn't healed properly, or the player is way out of shape.  

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
He took a branding iron to his nuts after watching that stealer game.

Seriously, if we failed him, he's probably a paragon of health.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
We saw what happened to the last DE they failed the physical of.

Takk is all the better for it.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Well, he is an idiot. Meh
Reply/Quote
Only the Bengals...

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
As I said earlier.

Loved Takk coming out of college; seemed to have a true passion, but was weary of how he parted ways with ATL. This does nothing to help. Hoping the kid gets it figured out.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-13-2020, 02:32 PM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: Question to all: Has Takk had any problems with late hits/flags? If we are making the Pacman, Tez comparison, it would be nice to see how often he has lost control on the field.

From 2011-2018 while he was with the Bengals, he had exactly 1 Unsportsmanlike Conduct (the 2015 playoff game), and 1 Taunting penalty.

He did have 3 Unnecessary Roughness penalties over that time span, but that doesn't particularly mean much when we've seen time and time again perfectly clean hits be called for that because the hit "looked" too hard.

Adam Jones' penalty history on the field is vastly overblown.

(Got my stats from PFR.)

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2020, 05:56 PM)jj22 Wrote: We saw what happened to the last DE they failed the physical of.

Takk is all the better for it.

I'm probably have a mind blank here but who was the last DE they failed in a physical?

There has to be someone more recent than Antwan Odom!
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2020, 03:51 PM)TJHoushmandzadeh Wrote: I'm probably have a mind blank here but who was the last DE they failed in a physical?

There has to be someone more recent than Antwan Odom!

The Bengals had an offer for then-free agent pass rusher Shaq Barrett on the table. Pompei notes that Barrett had a two-year, $14 million offer floated to him from the Bengals, but the team pulled the offer after having him in for a visit and an MRI. 

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/bengals-passed-on-signing-2019-sack-leader-shaq-barrett-during-offseason-due-to-health-concerns-per-report/

Just a total whiff....

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(11-18-2020, 03:58 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: The Bengals had an offer for then-free agent pass rusher Shaq Barrett on the table. Pompei notes that Barrett had a two-year, $14 million offer floated to him from the Bengals, but the team pulled the offer after having him in for a visit and an MRI. 

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/bengals-passed-on-signing-2019-sack-leader-shaq-barrett-during-offseason-due-to-health-concerns-per-report/

Just a total whiff....

Yes, but can you imagine the absolutely vitriol if we signed someone that had obvious health concerns for that money?  I think they tried to make the best call possible with the hand in front of them.... aka poker.  It's a gamble.  Instead we signed other folks that are injured anyways Sick
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2020, 04:00 PM)wildcatnku24 Wrote: Yes, but can you imagine the absolutely vitriol if we signed someone that had obvious health concerns for that money?  I think they tried to make the best call possible with the hand in front of them.... aka poker.  It's a gamble.  Instead we signed other folks that are injured anyways Sick

Hey, not saying the Bengals were right to not sign him, but he had an aberration year last year and is not even playing remotely close to that this year.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2020, 04:07 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Hey, not saying the Bengals were right to not sign him, but he had an aberration year last year and is not even playing remotely close to that this year.

Me either, and I actually wanted them to get him when it was happening, but when they didn't i kinda understood why.  Hindsight is definitely 20/20 in this case.
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2020, 03:58 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: The Bengals had an offer for then-free agent pass rusher Shaq Barrett on the table. Pompei notes that Barrett had a two-year, $14 million offer floated to him from the Bengals, but the team pulled the offer after having him in for a visit and an MRI. 

Just a total whiff....

Thank you.

I mentioned him only the other day so that was a complete whiff on my behalf....

I'm not going to blame the medical staff with the benefit of hindsight. He basically ended up taking deal worth a third of what the Bengals offered him. At that price the risk-reward is different.
Reply/Quote
at least he was polite on his way out the door

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Now if he passes the 49'ers physical because they claimed him off waivers there is some shady stuff going on.
Reply/Quote