Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Welcome William Jackson III
(04-29-2016, 04:03 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: For those of you that are still miffed about the drafting of Jackson I ask you two simple questions; which team won the SB last season?

Now I ask how did they win it and so many other games when their QB's threw like 23 int's last season?

DEFENSE!!

No doubt defense wins..... The more I read about him the better I'm liking this pick. Cool
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
We let Hue go and he's already kicking our ass. The kid we got is good but damn, we could have got Treadwell or Doctson for a 5th or even a 6th round pick next year. I never understood why teams just sit back and watch guys who they want and feel can be an impact player get picked just before them cause they want to hold on to that 5th-6th round pick that may not even make the team. Now we will play this kid on ST for 2 years and IF he dosent get hurt he may get to play his position. 1st should be impact players that are most NFL ready, not freakin ST players.
Reply/Quote
I like the pick. Preferred a WR or DE, but this allows DreK to walk after this season.

CB Depth Chart 2016?
1. Jones
2. Kirkpatrick
3. Dennard
4. Shaw
5. Jackson
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2016, 06:30 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Make us forget about Jonathan Joseph.

Hobson won't allow that. He first mentioned Jackson's name back in February. He specifically compared him to Joseph. Giving him #22 means that Hobson will never stop mentioning the similarities.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2016, 07:33 PM)TKUHL Wrote: We let Hue go and he's already kicking our ass. The kid we got is good but damn, we could have got Treadwell or Doctson for a 5th or even a 6th round pick next year. I never understood why teams just sit back and watch guys who they want and feel can be an impact player get picked just before them cause they want to hold on to that 5th-6th round pick that may not even make the team. Now we will play this kid on ST for 2 years and IF he dosent get hurt he may get to play his position. 1st should be impact players that are most NFL ready, not freakin ST players.

This is where you are wrong. 1st rounders are not always the most NFL ready players. Many times, first rounders are guys with immense potential that coaches hope they can coach up into a stud.

Let me ask you this, why was Dalton taken in the 2nd round of the draft when he was quoted as being "The most NFL ready QB of the draft class". Its because the 1st round is your chance to get a player that can turn into a stud. 2nd and 3rd rounds is where you draft guys with lower ceilings but are ready to contribute. FWIW, some teams rely on 1st rounders to step in right away, but those teams are usually picking in the top 10.
Reply/Quote