Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Welcome William Jackson III
(04-29-2016, 01:07 AM)The Real Deal Wrote: I feel like Houston and Minnesota were pretty much expected to take WR's. But Washington, they were the swoopers.

How can they be the swoopers when they picked in front of us? I agree they have other needs but they didn't trade up.

Reply/Quote
(04-29-2016, 01:12 AM)Shady Wrote: Will Jackson will be starting ahead of Dre K before the end of training camp. Mark my words.

Throughout the months/weeks leading up to the draft, CB was not a position I was hoping to draft. So, I didn't research any of the top CBs. Now that I have, I'm ecstatic!! Jackson, if he stay's healthy, will be an All-Pro CB. And we got him with the 24th pick in the draft.

I know we were all hoping for a WR or DT, but I think we can be happy things worked out as they did.

WHO DEY!!

I think he was the 3rd best CB in the draft personally. The only two I had above him was Ramsey and Hargreaves. Jackson is a ball hawk, and I'm pretty happy we picked him up. I was a little upset when the Redskins took Doctson, but what can you do. I'm interested in seeing how bad Myles Jacks injury is, because if he keeps sliding I wouldn't mind picking him up if it's something like Ogbuehi.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2016, 12:34 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Just used a first round pick on a guy who's likely going to be 4th or 5th on the CB depth chart in 2016. Feel like I have already seen this exact thing done twice in the last four years. Now three in five.

This is kinda where I'm at. It's déjà vu, but hopefully Jackson can be more of a contributor than DreKirk and Dennard were initially. I wouldn't be surprised if he's 4th on our depth chart this year though.

I'll feel much better if we can land Thomas, but this is starting to feel like we'll be drafting a WR in rounds 3-6.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2016, 01:17 AM)Atomic Orange Wrote: How can they be the swoopers when they picked in front of us? I agree they have other needs but they didn't trade up.

But Houston was already drafting ahead of us. So neither were swoopers when it comes to the bengals pick?

Reply/Quote
3 potential WRs in the second. All will be gone by our pick.

Expect a third and 6th/7th rounder to compete for WR4

Reply/Quote
I don't see what all this doom and gloom is about our WRs. Brandon LaFell will replace Marvin Jones just fine, and Sanu really never got any major play time unless there was an injury. We can still get a decent WR later in the draft, and the staff could think that Alford could do something next year.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2016, 01:26 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: I don't see what all this doom and gloom is about our WRs. Brandon LaFell will replace Marvin Jones just fine, and Sanu really never got any major play time unless there was an injury. We can still get a decent WR later in the draft, and the staff could think that Alford could do something next year.

I still have my doubts.

Brandon Tate is above him.
Reply/Quote
Welcome Jackson! Good pick! Will help this defense.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2016, 01:26 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: I don't see what all this doom and gloom is about our WRs. Brandon LaFell will replace Marvin Jones just fine, and Sanu really never got any major play time unless there was an injury. We can still get a decent WR later in the draft, and the staff could think that Alford could do something next year.

You feel comfortable with AJ/Lafell/Alford on the field?

AJ will be double covered.

Reply/Quote
I believe one of this two will be available and I will be fine with picking either with our 2nd round pick

Leonte Carroo, Rutgers
Pharoh Cooper, South Carolina
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2016, 01:28 AM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: I still have my doubts.

Brandon Tate is above him.

Lol no, Brandon Tate is not above him. That is absurd.

Lafell will be just fine, and surprise you.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2016, 01:29 AM)jeremydc Wrote: You feel comfortable with AJ/Lafell/Alford on the field?

Eifert? Gio?
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2016, 01:29 AM)jeremydc Wrote: You feel comfortable with AJ/Lafell/Alford on the field?

This is the basic issue. We're back where we were before when we had no real #2 WR, and teams doubled up Green. Granted we at least have Eifert now but he has lost games to injury every season so we're only an injury to either Green or Eifert away from 2014 redux.
Reply/Quote
On the bright side, we can totally get some catchy signs or something about how "He Will Jack you up" with a picture of him standing over a lying down Rapistburger.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2016, 01:31 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Eifert? Gio?

ThumbsUp

Still need competent/consistent receivers. Lafell is fine (doubt he 'replaces' MJ though)

Reply/Quote
(04-29-2016, 01:23 AM)The Real Deal Wrote: But Houston was already drafting ahead of us. So neither were swoopers when it comes to the bengals pick?

Oh shit i guess i missed that. Oh well..
ANyway the pick is in! Time to hit the sack and do it again tomorrow. Who Dey

Reply/Quote
(04-29-2016, 01:30 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Lol no, Brandon Tate is not above him. That is absurd.

Lafell will be just fine, and surprise you.

Lafell is going to underwhelm. Mark it.
Reply/Quote

I would be very comfortable with those three as our WRs, because we still have Eifert and Gio. LaFell has been more productive, and more durable than Marvin Jones. Plus Alford's speed could put a new wrinkle in our offense that Jones or Sanu couldn't provide. Alford doesn't even have to produce that much, because Sanu only had about 400 yards and a few TDs with us.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2016, 01:34 AM)Joelist Wrote: This is the basic issue. We're back where we were before when we had no real #2 WR, and teams doubled up Green. Granted we at least have Eifert now but he has lost games to injury every season so we're only an injury to either Green or Eifert away from 2014 redux.

You are missing Lafell.. he is a veteran not a rookie or 2nd year player like Jones and Sanu , he will be fine and replace one of those two WRs.  2014 was out of the norm..  by end of year we had lost Green, Eifert and Jones... and Gio was hurt.. it is rare for any team to be that depleted.. You also act like a 2/3 round pick can not help this team this year.. I disagree.... We are still talking about someone around top 50 to 75 pick in draft if we pick a WR then....
Reply/Quote
We could sign Roger Lews in later rounds as well.

He's a sleeper. And if you wanna take a character gamble, your best bet is guys with sexual assault allegations. It seems like they go around like candy in colleges these days
Reply/Quote