Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Welcome William Jackson III
Nelson was a FS

Reply/Quote
(04-29-2016, 12:34 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Just used a first round pick on a guy who's likely going to be 4th or 5th on the CB depth chart in 2016. Feel like I have already seen this exact thing done twice in the last four years. Now three in five.

We have continued to improve our defense with depth over the last few years.. With a pass happy Steelers and Ravens and healthy issues, loss of Nelson and Hall.. this was a solid pick.. also why reach for a WR that you might not be sold in... Solid pick and I think he is physical Cb and will be seeing action this year.

We addressed WR with FA and I just don;t think the Bengals were sold taking what was offered this year at WR in 1st round... I believe we will get a solid WR in 2nd round 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
If we can get Thomas, I'd feel better

Reply/Quote
Lewis admitted they were looking for a WR, so they definitely had someone they were comfortable with at 24.

The only question is where did Jackson rank among those receivers on the BPA chart.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
WELCOME WJ3!!!

Reply/Quote
Passing up a bigger need wasn't easy. But i consider it very likely he was the best player on their board.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2016, 12:55 AM)Goalpost Wrote: Passing up a bigger need wasn't easy.  But i consider it very likely he was the best player on their board.

Houston swept in and took the WR it is what it is. We got BPA and ****** our rival in the process what's not to love?

Reply/Quote
(04-29-2016, 12:49 AM)Big Boss Wrote: Lewis admitted they were looking for a WR, so they definitely had someone they were comfortable with at 24.  

The only question is where did Jackson rank among those receivers on the BPA chart.

I'd say where he ranked in comparison to the WR's was moot after they (worthwhile first rd WR's) were all off the board at 24

Reply/Quote
Not necessarily who I wanted, BUT he is a part of the family so welcome to the Bengals. Be a great pro bowl player and get us a Super Bowl!
Reply/Quote
Gotta love that Gruden's defense couldn't stop a runny nose and they draft a WR.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
Anyone know of any good Marvin Lewis giggle pics? I want to photoshop sad steelers/ Marvin Lewis giggeling in the war room.

That's the only good thing about this pick, really. We're really a Green/Eifert injury away of a below average offense.
Reply/Quote
We still have gaping holes at WR and C not to mention DL. Let's see what develops.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2016, 01:03 AM)Atomic Orange Wrote: Houston swept in and took the WR it is what it is. We got BPA and ***** our rival in the process what's not to love?

I feel like Houston and Minnesota were pretty much expected to take WR's. But Washington, they were the swoopers.

Reply/Quote
I like the pick. Kirkpatrick hasn't been that great, Jone is getting old, and Hall is probably going to retire this off-season. I wouldn't be surprised if he starts over Kirkpatrick right away honestly.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2016, 01:06 AM)Joelist Wrote: We still have gaping holes at WR and C not to mention DL. Let's see what develops.

dl is still stacked. We'll hit that in second round.

If we sign Roddy White, we'll be good enough at WR.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2016, 01:08 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: I like the pick. Kirkpatrick hasn't been that great, Jone is getting old, and Hall is probably going to retire this off-season. I wouldn't be surprised if he starts over Kirkpatrick right away honestly.

Hall isn't on the team anymore. But I agree, this kid has first year starter potential.

Reply/Quote
I'm expecting one of our current WRs (Kumerow/Alford/Wright) to step in the WR3 spot. Rookie may be rotated in.

Reply/Quote
So once famous do we have to call him WJ3?
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Will Jackson will be starting ahead of Dre K before the end of training camp. Mark my words.

Throughout the months/weeks leading up to the draft, CB was not a position I was hoping to draft. So, I didn't research any of the top CBs. Now that I have, I'm ecstatic!! Jackson, if he stay's healthy, will be an All-Pro CB. And we got him with the 24th pick in the draft.

I know we were all hoping for a WR or DT, but I think we can be happy things worked out as they did.

WHO DEY!!
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2016, 01:06 AM)Joelist Wrote: We still have gaping holes at WR and C not to mention DL. Let's see what develops.

If a good WR is there in the second (and I think there will be), he will be ours and all will be fine.

Reply/Quote