Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Welcome home AJ McCarron
(09-23-2023, 02:17 PM)Destro Wrote: Have you considered if AJ McCarron is a Thomas Wolfe fan?

[Image: R.89f23e47cdb782234bdd0f5616b0e552?rik=P...ImgRaw&r=0]
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
I think someone called this yesterday.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Funny how bouncing around can change perspective. Macaroni hated Cincy for trying to hold onto him. He wanted to test his market after his 2015 success.

I gladly welcome him.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2023, 03:02 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Funny how bouncing around can change perspective. Macaroni hated Cincy for trying to hold onto him. He wanted to test his market after his 2015 success.

I gladly welcome him.

He has played a lot in 2023 in the XFL with the St. Louis Battlehawks.

I'm seeing that a News Outlet that covers the XFL named him 2023 League MVP and he set a League Season record for TD passes. (24)

At least he has some recent playing activity although not against NFL Teams.
Reply/Quote
Better than Browning.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote

I'm seeing that Vincent Testaverde Jr was also on AJ's XFL Team with the St. Louis Battlehawks as a QB.

Vinny Senior is 59 years old.

Bengals had the Palmer brothers at one time.

Maybe could go father & son with the two Vinnies if it becomes time to tank the season for a Top Draft pick ?   Twitch
Reply/Quote
Assume this is a sign Burrow will not be playing MNF.
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2023, 03:14 PM)depthchart Wrote: He has played a lot in 2023 in the XFL with the St. Louis Battlehawks.

I'm seeing that a News Outlet that covers the XFL named him 2023 League MVP and he set a League Season record for TD passes. (24)

At least he has some recent playing activity although not against NFL Teams.

Yes, he suited up for the XFL because his kids were old enough to enjoy watching him play. 
Reply/Quote
Hot damn!
https://www.wcpo.com/sports/football/bengals/report-former-bengals-quarterback-aj-mccarron-joins-bengals-practice-squad
"In his final game of the 2023 regular season, McCarron went 28 of 35, throwing for 420 yards and six touchdowns — the most yardage and touchdowns in a single game in the history of the XFL."
Reply/Quote
This is about as good as it gets regarding a backup. He's looked pretty good in the XFL, and I believe he could step in and keep you competitive for a few weeks if needed. Welcome home AJ. I hope you don't get a shot because it means 9 is healthy, but if you do, I have faith you can steer the ship a while.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Wait. Hold Up.... Didn't we hate on, and bash McCarron while he was here? So now he leaves for awhile, is brought back, and becomes the messiah of Cincinnati? Good Grief.

Reply/Quote
(09-23-2023, 04:37 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Wait. Hold Up.... Didn't we hate on, and bash McCarron while he was here? So now he leaves for awhile, is brought back, and becomes the messiah of Cincinnati? Good Grief.

Yeah, we're a fickle lot.  
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2023, 04:47 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Yeah, we're a fickle lot.  

I'd say.

Reply/Quote
(09-23-2023, 04:51 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I'd say.

He's like LeBron, just coming back home after an acrimonious departure to deliver a championship  ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
#SuperBowl

I do like AJ.
And his wife is....nice.
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2023, 04:53 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: He's like LeBron, just coming back home after an acrimonious departure to deliver a championship  ThumbsUp

(09-23-2023, 04:55 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: #SuperBowl

Sent from my SM-S515DL using Tapatalk

This guy gets it.  
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2023, 04:53 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: He's like LeBron, just coming back home after an acrimonious departure to deliver a championship  ThumbsUp

[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=15134400]

Reply/Quote
Can AJ be our Nick Foles? Ninja
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2023, 05:02 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Can AJ be our Nick Foles?  Ninja

Didn't work out so great in 2015.  But heck if needed perhaps he could have another go at it. Tongue

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
He’s successful here and he’s back in the NFL. He has to grab this opportunity.

I actually think hell fit us like a glove if we want to transition to a short game
-Housh
Reply/Quote