Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Welcome home AJ McCarron
(09-24-2023, 11:25 PM)TheFan Wrote: Oh I don't disagree. I don't think he'll see the field for us but I don't think he's worse than Browning, Siemian, Grier, or whoever else they may have brought in. 

The backups are all bad.
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2023, 04:37 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Wait. Hold Up.... Didn't we hate on, and bash McCarron while he was here? So now he leaves for awhile, is brought back, and becomes the messiah of Cincinnati? Good Grief.

Unless people were hating on him for fighting to get out of Cincy, I don't remember it this way. 

Macaroni had some huge fans on here who wanted to see him start, which forced some into the position of having to point out McCarron's flaws.

He's not a starter, but I loved him as a backup. I think most felt that way, hence the love fest for his return.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2023, 06:37 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Oh, I remember too well. He was stale that game until AJ did his AJ thing. And the loss? I felt like I was just told I have 1 week to live. Horrible week for the boards too. So much anger and heartbreak. 

(09-23-2023, 07:00 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: I remember all too well sitting in a cold rain at PBS watching it unfold.

[Image: giphy.gif]

Ugh.    I remember after we intercepted I was jumping around screaming that we finally were going to win a playoff game.  My kids were young.  Totally woke them up screaming.  One of the worst Bengals game ever.  Has to be one of the worst, if not THE worst, meltdown in NFL playoff history.  And against the Steelers.  ugh.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2023, 01:39 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Unless people were hating on him for fighting to get out of Cincy, I don't remember it this way. 

Macaroni had some huge fans on here who wanted to see him start, which forced some into the position of having to point out McCarron's flaws.

He's not a starter, but I loved him as a backup. I think most felt that way, hence the love fest for his return.

Remember when they traded him to Hue and the Browns for a 2nd round pick, but the paperwork got turned in after the deadline so the trade failed?
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2023, 09:24 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Remember when they traded him to Hue and the Browns for a 2nd round pick, but the paperwork got turned in after the deadline so the trade failed?

a 2nd round pick for a backup QB is nice!!
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2023, 03:57 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Does this mean AJ's wife's stalker Brent Musberger will now be announcing for the Bengals practice squad ?

Really though remember the board being split on AJ and him getting much love on here. Was never as high as others were on him and always felt Dalton should remain the starter in those debates. But never disliked him either and welcome him back to the Bengals.

Same Go Cards, never disliked McCarron (his wife IS a babe BTW). I just never understood fellow Bengals fans pushing for him to 
start over Dalton after that Playoff game where the Offense stunk and it was the D that should of gave us the win. Anyways, he has
played pretty good in the XFL and could be better than Browning but that isn't saying much. Still, welcome back AJ Mac.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2023, 09:14 AM)Mickeypoo Wrote: Ugh.    I remember after we intercepted I was jumping around screaming that we finally were going to win a playoff game.  My kids were young.  Totally woke them up screaming.  One of the worst Bengals game ever.  Has to be one of the worst, if not THE worst, meltdown in NFL playoff history.  And against the Steelers.  ugh.

There were two asshat Steelers fans in the row right behind us, and I believe they started drinking for the game sometime in the sixth grade.  They got louder and more obnoxious as the night bore on.  When the pick happened we were up celebrating and I turned to see them already at the end of the row and starting up the stairs.  Fortunately, on the fumble one play later, they did not retake their seats.  I always imagined that they walked out and were all the way back to their car before they finally found out what happened, and they felt really, really stupid for having left LOL  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2023, 02:35 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: There were two asshat Steelers fans in the row right behind us, and I believe they started drinking for the game sometime in the sixth grade.  They got louder and more obnoxious as the night bore on.  When the pick happened we were up celebrating and I turned to see them already at the end of the row and starting up the stairs.  Fortunately, on the fumble one play later, they did not retake their seats.  I always imagined that they walked out and were all the way back to their car before they finally found out what happened, and they felt really, really stupid for having left LOL  

Well that makes us all feel a touch better about that game lol

Dumbass stealer fans. Smirk
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2023, 02:35 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: There were two asshat Steelers fans in the row right behind us, and I believe they started drinking for the game sometime in the sixth grade.  They got louder and more obnoxious as the night bore on.  When the pick happened we were up celebrating and I turned to see them already at the end of the row and starting up the stairs.  Fortunately, on the fumble one play later, they did not retake their seats.  I always imagined that they walked out and were all the way back to their car before they finally found out what happened, and they felt really, really stupid for having left LOL  

Probably too drunk to understand what happened until they sobered up 3 weeks later. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2023, 09:14 AM)Mickeypoo Wrote: Ugh.    I remember after we intercepted I was jumping around screaming that we finally were going to win a playoff game.  My kids were young.  Totally woke them up screaming.  One of the worst Bengals game ever.  Has to be one of the worst, if not THE worst, meltdown in NFL playoff history.  And against the Steelers.  ugh.

Longest and quietest ride home from a Bengals game ever for me and my crew. Got all the cussing out while crossing the bridge to get to the car beforehand though. 

That game was "the" nut punch of all nut punches. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2023, 09:24 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Remember when they traded him to Hue and the Browns for a 2nd round pick, but the paperwork got turned in after the deadline so the trade failed?

That whole situation was a mess. The Bengals asking for another pick, Browns FO in disagreement with the trade, botched emails.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote

Now that you mention it, I do. We could've fleeced ol' Hue twice. You'd think he would've learned.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote