Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Welcome home AJ McCarron
(09-23-2023, 04:37 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Wait. Hold Up.... Didn't we hate on, and bash McCarron while he was here? So now he leaves for awhile, is brought back, and becomes the messiah of Cincinnati? Good Grief.

You could replace McCarron's name with so many players.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
He has a brief 4 game start 8 years ago, barely has played in the NFL since.. really don;t get the hype.. as for experience much rather have Mccoy
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2023, 04:37 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Wait. Hold Up.... Didn't we hate on, and bash McCarron while he was here? So now he leaves for awhile, is brought back, and becomes the messiah of Cincinnati? Good Grief.

I don't particularly like bologna sandwiches, but if the alternative is a kale salad, a bologna sandwich suddenly doesn't sound terrible.

Don't see anyone calling McCarron the messiah. (Other than maybe that one Alabama/McCarron diehard fan who vanished from the boards when McCarron left the Bengals.)

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Genuinely like this move. He was really good in the xfl and think he is an upgrade on browning.

Right I'm off to watch some xfl highlights and to look at some pictures of his wife.
Reply/Quote
Air'n McCarron
Air'n McCarron
Air'n McCarron
Reply/Quote

I distinctly remember Dalton being the one who stinks, while McCarron was considered good because he almost won a playoff game

Don’t try to re-write history. I was here

It's because you are of such profound wisdom, Frank Booth. - SunsetBengal
Reply/Quote
IS he better than Browning though? I seem to remember he bounced around the league when he left here and didn't see much success before the XFL came calling. We haven't seen him in Zac's offense yet, for all we know he may be Trevor Siemien 2.0. Glad we picked up an emergency plan, but if Burrow can't go and Zac refuses to lean on his RB room, we're cooked.
Reply/Quote
I'll admit when I read the title I thought AJ was in town for something other than playing for the Bengals
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-23-2023, 08:31 PM)Housh Wrote: This probably means Browning wasn’t playin well in practice too

No, I think all this means is they re-signed Sinnett in an emergency, then found someone better once the fire was out. Sinnett will be back out the door.
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2023, 10:26 AM)The D.O.Z. Wrote: IS he better than Browning though? I seem to remember he bounced around the league when he left here and didn't see much success before the XFL came calling. We haven't seen him in Zac's offense yet, for all we know he may be Trevor Siemien 2.0. Glad we picked up an emergency plan, but if Burrow can't go and Zac refuses to lean on his RB room, we're cooked.

He's not, and it's not even close. People just want him because he's something different. If Browning does get the start, you'll see people do an instant 180 and all we'll hear is "I knew Browning was the guy"
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2023, 01:12 PM)QueenCity Wrote: I'll take it... he played good in the XFL.

Can win you a game or two if needed...

Yeah, never been a McCarron fan as he holds onto the ball way too long but he could be better than Browning.

I have a feeling Browning will surprise people in a good way though.

Also heard from Jay Glazier just a second ago that Burrow took first team reps so he could still play Monday night...

We will see but I like that we brought in McCarron for a workout anyways.
Reply/Quote
Does this mean AJ's wife's stalker Brent Musberger will now be announcing for the Bengals practice squad ?

Really though remember the board being split on AJ and him getting much love on here. Was never as high as others were on him and always felt Dalton should remain the starter in those debates. But never disliked him either and welcome him back to the Bengals.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
AJ should've won the Bengals first playoff game in forever until a combo of the refs, Jones and burfict killed it. Welcome back
Reply/Quote

Stop it! I love Yo-Yo's.. I never bashed him, i only thought he needed more game experience. He's gotten that now. I think people bashed him cause he chose to leave vs stay.
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2023, 10:09 AM)Frank Booth Wrote: I distinctly remember Dalton being the one who stinks, while McCarron was considered good because he almost won a playoff game

Don’t try to re-write history. I was here

The playoff game he almost won...the offense did nothing most of that game.

McCarron isn't nfl starting quality...and he's barely backup quality.
Reply/Quote
Didn’t McCarron have a decent XFL run their past season?
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2023, 08:36 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The playoff game he almost won...the offense did nothing most of that game.

McCarron isn't nfl starting quality...and he's barely backup quality.

He didn't blow anyone away but he won us 2 games, lost in OT to eventual suberbowl champs Denver on the road, and should have won our 1st playoff game during his first 4 starts in the NFL. He didn't get a shot to do anything more after but he's no worse than Browning. 
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2023, 10:35 PM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: Didn’t McCarron have a decent XFL run their past season?

He did, but I think we saw with with PJ Walker that there's quite a difference between the two leagues. 
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2023, 10:54 PM)TheFan Wrote: He didn't blow anyone away but he won us 2 games, lost in OT to eventual suberbowl champs Denver on the road, and should have won our 1st playoff game during his first 4 starts in the NFL. He didn't get a shot to do anything more after but he's no worse than Browning. 

Fans thought he should start here. He left, and didn't start anywhere...but the xfl years later.

He's 33 years old now too.
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2023, 10:56 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Fans thought he should start here. He left, and didn't start anywhere...but the xfl years later.

He's 33 years old now too.

Oh I don't disagree. I don't think he'll see the field for us but I don't think he's worse than Browning, Siemian, Grier, or whoever else they may have brought in. 
Reply/Quote