Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Welcome to the Bengals: Andrei Iosivas
(04-29-2023, 09:34 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: Is this our Higgins replacement? Glad we added to the WR depth it was definitely needed.

Why is every selection a replacement for someone? Higgins is not going anywhere and Tobin made that abundantly clear. This kid has an extremely long journey to even imagine being a Tee Higgins and that is not a knock on this kid. Why not a replacement for Irwin or Taylor?
Reply/Quote
We would not draft a Higgins replacement in the 7th round cmon man
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2023, 03:14 PM)OSUfan Wrote: Why is every selection a replacement for someone? Why not a replacement for Irwin or Taylor?

Why does every selection have to be a replacement for someone?
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2023, 03:14 PM)OSUfan Wrote: Why is every selection a replacement for someone? Higgins is not going anywhere and Tobin made that abundantly clear. This kid has an extremely long journey to even imagine being a Tee Higgins and that is not a knock on this kid. Why not a replacement for Irwin or Taylor?

I made it as a joke because I noticed people were saying that with other players. But maybe also because I'll be shocked if they resign Higgins. What did Tobin say? But if we keep Burrow and Chase which I assume we will. Then I would want all available funds for protection and the defense.
Reply/Quote
v

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
I do really enjoy those reaction videos.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2023, 06:08 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: I made it as a joke because I noticed people were saying that with other players. But maybe also because I'll be shocked if they resign Higgins. What did Tobin say? But if we keep Burrow and Chase which I assume we will. Then I would want all available funds for protection and the defense.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBg2gdRksXc
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2023, 07:13 PM)OSUfan Wrote: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBg2gdRksXc

I would've been more than fine just accepting whatever your paraphrasing of what Tobin said. But from what I heard it wasn't very definitive he said " he hopes we keep him and that is the hope". Which I agree in a perfect world you do keep him but I think it's just gonna be very hard to do. 

I also wasn't very fond of what he had to say about the Oline. Basically said they gelled and we're playing very good for a stretch and then the injuries happened. Which is part of NFL football and he said as much. But we didn't add depth. At least if your looking at it like me as Brown replacing Collins. Then said it's hard finding enough lineman. Which it is but you do have to draft them. I know Carman and Volson are showing some promise but the team might really need to start looking at how they approach scouting and drafting lineman. If we want to build something like the Patriots had or what KC appears to have than we need to get better at building an offensive line and drafting those players.
Reply/Quote
I like this kid !
Is it OK to call him the Flyin' Hawaiian ?

Sent from my SM-S515DL using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
I knew he had Eastern European roots and that he wasn't Hawaiian; Iosivas was born in Japan, mother is Filipina and father is Romanian. Hell yes:

https://twitter.com/BengalsTalk/status/1655971752948760576?s=20

Want him to succeed EVEN MORE now.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2023, 09:05 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: If we can get to 10 or 00 personnel packages and protect with Charlie Jones and Iosivas we are going to be tough to deal with.

Protect who with Jones or Iosivas?
Reply/Quote
(05-10-2023, 01:49 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Protect who with Jones or Iosivas?

I want to tell you how much I appreciate all your Reputation points to me. I will send you a link to my blog. It’ll be easier for you.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(04-29-2023, 10:19 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Like the potential for Iosivas.
Good WR4 type guy who could fill for either outside WR down the line.
Charlie Jones could (should) bump Trent Taylor off the roster and handle return duties immediately.
Jones also could turn into Boyd's replacement after this season.
Bengals set themselves up well for WRs, albeit potential at the cost of having a weak TE room.

yes the weak TE room.... lets be honest they have the worst room in NFL right now.
Hanging their hats on  a guy who hasnt shown abilty to stay healthy and another guy who shouldnt be on field unless asked to only block.
I know this has been debated at nauseum on this board  but its still a head scratcher to me why they didnt grab a TE later in draft. 
Ive read all the reasons why but honestly I just dont agree. What burns me is Pitt now has Friermuth (spelling?) and now Washington(who they selected a few picks ahead of us) ...they could be seriously loaded at TE if Washington works out which I have a feeling he will.   

Reply/Quote
(05-10-2023, 02:38 PM)kalibengal Wrote: yes the weak TE room.... lets be honest they have the worst room in NFL right now.
Hanging their hats on  a guy who hasnt shown abilty to stay healthy and another guy who shouldnt be on field unless asked to only block.
I know this has been debated at nauseum on this board  but its still a head scratcher to me why they didnt grab a TE later in draft. 
Ive read all the reasons why but honestly I just dont agree. What burns me is Pitt now has Friermuth (spelling?) and now Washington(who they selected a few picks ahead of us) ...they could be seriously loaded at TE if Washington works out which I have a feeling he will.   

I'm definitely not experienced enough to get onto any professional scout team, but I can't see how the Bengals didn't think Washington would not have been a good pick at 92. Elite blocking, which Bengals need and love. Promising albeit not overly polished route running, but his ceiling is higher than anyone the Bengals have right now. And he arguably would be a better player out of the gate than Sample and Asiasi. He should have been the pick in Rd 3 instead of the trade-back, IMO.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Three years ago, this team had the worst roster in the NFL . . . you guys are overly concerned with replacing Hurst's 414 yards and 2 TDs over 13 games.

2005 TEs
18 catches - 193 yards - TD - 1 start - Matt Schobel
15 catches - 90 yards - TD - 14 starts - Reggie Kelly
4 catches - 26 yards - 3 starts - Tony Stewart

They'll still sign Wilcox. They'll be fine.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2023, 06:08 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: I made it as a joke because I noticed people were saying that with other players. But maybe also because I'll be shocked if they resign Higgins. What did Tobin say? But if we keep Burrow and Chase which I assume we will. Then I would want all available funds for protection and the defense.

Until we actually see a deal get done, it's never safe to assume the Bengals will keep someone as pricy as Higgins.
We've seen things like that thought to be sure things in the past (e.g. keeping Hurst or Bell), only for the player(s) to leave in FA for expected (or above expected) salary. Then the Bengals are left with that extra cap, and you're hoping they are able to get an adequate replacement with it.

To your point though, I would love to see the Bengals pay Burrow, Chase, and Higgins along with 2-3 high-priced vet on OL, 1-2 Tier 2/3 vet, and the remaining starters with draft picks. Specifically, use a draft pick at TE and RB, and just plan to swap out with a new starter every 3-4 years with a new draft pick.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(05-10-2023, 02:44 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I'm definitely not experienced enough to get onto any professional scout team, but I can't see how the Bengals didn't think Washington would not have been a good pick at 92. Elite blocking, which Bengals need and love. Promising albeit not overly polished route running, but his ceiling is higher than anyone the Bengals have right now. And he arguably would be a better player out of the gate than Sample and Asiasi. He should have been the pick in Rd 3 instead of the trade-back, IMO.

So Jordan Battle and Brad Robbins get swapped off the Bengals Roster for Darnell Washington.  I can see Pros and Cons either way.

I am seeing with just a Google Search that Teams took Washington off their Draft Boards due to swelling in his knee at the Combine

According to previous reporting by Sports Illustrated's Albert Breer and NFL Network's Ian Rapoport, Washington fell in the draft due to those concerns with his knee. According to Rapoport, Washington had swelling in his knee at the Combine, which led to some teams taking him off of their draft board entirely.
Reply/Quote
(05-10-2023, 02:44 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I'm definitely not experienced enough to get onto any professional scout team, but I can't see how the Bengals didn't think Washington would not have been a good pick at 92. Elite blocking, which Bengals need and love. Promising albeit not overly polished route running, but his ceiling is higher than anyone the Bengals have right now. And he arguably would be a better player out of the gate than Sample and Asiasi. He should have been the pick in Rd 3 instead of the trade-back, IMO.

It has to be the knees although now that he is a Steeler watch that end up being a big nothingburger. They've got him teamed up with his LT at Georgia. They have locked down the left side pretty well... 

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(05-10-2023, 03:25 PM)depthchart Wrote: .

So Jordan Battle and Brad Robbins get swapped off the Bengals Roster for Darnell Washington.  I can see Pros and Cons either way.

I am seeing with just a Google Search that Teams took Washington off their Draft Boards due to swelling in his knee at the Combine

According to previous reporting by Sports Illustrated's Albert Breer and NFL Network's Ian Rapoport, Washington fell in the draft due to those concerns with his knee. According to Rapoport, Washington had swelling in his knee at the Combine, which led to some teams taking him off of their draft board entirely.

Battle for sure.
Bengals could have taken Robbins instead of Iosivas if they really wanted him in the 6th, or waited until 7th instead of taking Ivey (who I don't think makes the team anyway, and would just be CB6 if he does).
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(05-10-2023, 03:35 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Battle for sure.
Bengals could have taken Robbins instead of Iosivas if they really wanted him in the 6th, or waited until 7th instead of taking Ivey (who I don't think makes the team anyway, and would just be CB6 if he does).

That's right.  There were a few more scenarios as you say. 

Darnell Washington is a Steeler now so we will get to see him in action against the Bengals.
Reply/Quote