Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Welcome to the Bengals: Andrei Iosivas
(05-11-2023, 02:15 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Simien has an arm that can show his potential in the preseason, although he will really have to show special teams play to stick on the active roster.  

Yeah, he would have to beat out Morgan.  Tough ask right there.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
If Iosivas is going to make the active roster he has to make a move on special teams. But with his size and speed and long strides I see him as a missle on kickoffs. But in that mode he’s got to hit someone. I’m no PFF internet wannabe. The word is he needs lots of work catching passes with technique. But the team consists of 53 players. He’s probably top 10 most athletic. Seems like a hell of a gunner.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(05-23-2023, 06:02 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: If Iosivas is going to make the active roster he has to make a move on special teams. But with his size and speed and long strides I see him as a missle on kickoffs. But in that mode he’s got to hit someone. I’m no PFF internet wannabe. The word is he needs lots of work catching passes with technique. But the team consists of 53 players. He’s probably top 10 most athletic. Seems like a hell of a gunner.

I think there's no question that IOS is the best athlete on the team. Now if we can convert that into a football player remains to be seen. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Iosivas is not as raw as some WR prospects, he has skills. They already partnered him with Tee probably to help him learn to catch with hands not body - once he gets that down he'll be another excellent high pointer. Expect both our drafted WRs to make the team along with the usual trio. Then it is Irwin versus Morgan. I have a funny feeling that this time they favor offense over special teams and Irwin stays.
Reply/Quote
(05-23-2023, 06:24 PM)Joelist Wrote: Iosivas is not as raw as some WR prospects, he has skills. They already partnered him with Tee probably to help him learn to catch with hands not body - once he gets that down he'll be another excellent high pointer. Expect both our drafted WRs to make the team along with the usual trio. Then it is Irwin versus Morgan. I have a funny feeling that this time they favor offense over special teams and Irwin stays.

With the new Kickoff rule I have the same feeling and Burrow really likes TI.

Also spot on about Iosivas and what he needs to work on, that really is his only knock besides learning a much bigger route tree, he 
likes to catch with his body. Tee is the perfect WR for him to work with to make this no longer an issue.
Reply/Quote
(05-23-2023, 06:08 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I think there's no question that IOS is the best athlete on the team. Now if we can convert that into a football player remains to be seen. 

Could be. But there’s a lot of great athletes on this team.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(05-23-2023, 06:08 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I think there's no question that IOS is the best athlete on the team. Now if we can convert that into a football player remains to be seen. 

I quite like using the RAS metric that you may have seen floating around. It's a "Relative Athletic Score". Using that, Andrei is indeed the best athlete on the team. Here is the top 10, since Soonerpeace brought that up.

1. Andrei Iosivas
  2. Chris Evans
  3. Ja'Marr Chase
  4. Chase Brown
  5. Jeffrey Gunter
  6. Myles Murphy
  7. Chidobe Awuzie
  8. DJ Turner II
  9. Trey Hendrickson
  10. Tycen Anderson
You can explore the list further here.
Reply/Quote
(05-23-2023, 08:04 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: I quite like using the RAS metric that you may have seen floating around. It's a "Relative Athletic Score". Using that, Andrei is indeed the best athlete on the team. Here is the top 10, since Soonerpeace brought that up.

1. Andrei Iosivas
  2. Chris Evans
  3. Ja'Marr Chase
  4. Chase Brown
  5. Jeffrey Gunter
  6. Myles Murphy
  7. Chidobe Awuzie
  8. DJ Turner II
  9. Trey Hendrickson
  10. Tycen Anderson

The roster’s athleticism is so much improved. This has been posted on many threads.

Reply/Quote
(05-23-2023, 08:19 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: The roster’s athleticism is so much improved. This has been posted on many threads.

I must have missed that tweet somewhere. Thanks for posting again. It's an impressively athletic draft class and the overall roster is stacked with top level athletes. I know that doesn't necessarily translate to productivity, but still impressive nonetheless. 
Reply/Quote
(05-23-2023, 08:23 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: I must have missed that tweet somewhere. Thanks for posting again. It's an impressively athletic draft class and the overall roster is stacked with top level athletes. I know that doesn't necessarily translate to productivity, but still impressive nonetheless. 

Jordan Battle hurt the team score.
https://www.sportingnews.com/us/amp/nfl/news/nfl-draft-class-ranking-ras-score-2023/sxi5an8xwcge2eog67bwbpan

Reply/Quote
(05-23-2023, 08:37 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Jordan Battle hurt.
https://www.sportingnews.com/us/amp/nfl/news/nfl-draft-class-ranking-ras-score-2023/sxi5an8xwcge2eog67bwbpan

Not a well worded post

Reply/Quote
(05-23-2023, 08:04 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: I quite like using the RAS metric that you may have seen floating around. It's a "Relative Athletic Score". Using that, Andrei is indeed the best athlete on the team. Here is the top 10, since Soonerpeace brought that up.

1. Andrei Iosivas
  2. Chris Evans
  3. Ja'Marr Chase
  4. Chase Brown
  5. Jeffrey Gunter
  6. Myles Murphy
  7. Chidobe Awuzie
  8. DJ Turner II
  9. Trey Hendrickson
  10. Tycen Anderson
I didn't consider RAS score when asserting IOS is the best athlete on the team. I used his credentials as an All-American Heptahalete and 3-time Ivy League champ.  

Reply/Quote
(05-23-2023, 09:21 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Not a well worded post

I can see that. I meant hurt our ranking.

Reply/Quote
With Kickoffs becoming even less important this off-season I think his skills as a WR will get him a spot on the roster.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(05-23-2023, 08:23 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: I must have missed that tweet somewhere. Thanks for posting again. It's an impressively athletic draft class and the overall roster is stacked with top level athletes. I know that doesn't necessarily translate to productivity, but still impressive nonetheless. 
And then you add in how many college team captains they draft . . . pretty amazing roster.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(05-11-2023, 10:24 PM)Housh Wrote: The idea i got from all the podcasts and Bengals.com interviews Iv seen is that this kid is seen as a project. But a project with enough raw talent to where you really don’t want to put him on the practice squad.

Imo we should keep 6 WRs but the 6th guy should be a Stanley Morgan type of guy you really only play to block. From what Iv seen this kid is built very solid and is very athletic so i think he’ll play a lot and i think after special teams, he’s the guy we should groom for Stanley Morgan’s old role.

Which would make him active on the final 53.

I have a feeling this is going to be a tough off-season cut to 53. You damn near HAVE to cut 1 or 2 of Sample, Gunther and Carter right?

There are numerous guys whi were in the roster last year or brought in this year who are gonna have a tough time making the roster. On offense: Taylor (C. Jones), Irwin/Morgan (Iosivas), Evans (4 RBs?), and it is hard to see all of Adeniji/Ford/Smith making it, even if Collins is on PUP to start. I'd live TE upgrades, but I do not see one. 

On D, we carried 5 DEs last year & brought in Murphy & Basham. Sample is pretty secure in my view, but Gunter/Basham are gonna struggle unless we carry 11 DL or Basham makes it as a LB. We added 3 in the secondary (Turner, Battle, S. Jones), plus Anderson is healthy. 10 DBs was what we kept last year. Chido, CTB, Hilton, Scott, Hill, Turner, and Battle gets you to 7. S. Jones, Davis, George, Mike Thomas & Anderson is pick 3 unless we keep 11 DBs, but that means light somewhere else. Bachie is not safe at LB. I'd love to see DT upgrades, but I don't see that guy on the roster.

Best guess ATM, assuming full health:
QB (2): Burrow, Siemian 
RB (4): Mixon; C. Brown, T. Williams, Evans 
WR (6): Chase, Higgins, Boyd; C. Jones, Iosivas, Irwin 
TE (3): Smith; D. Sample, Asiasi 
OT (4): O. Brown, J. Williams, Carman, Collins 
OG (4): Cappa, Volson; Scharping, Ford 
C: (2): Karras; T. Hill 
--------- 
DE (5): Hendrickson, Hubbard; Murphy, Ossai, C. Sample 
DT/NT (5): Reader, BJ Hill, Tupou, Carter, Tufele 
LB (5): Wilson, Pratt; ADF, Bailey, Bachie 
CB (6): Awuzie, CTB, Hilton; Turner, S. Jones, Davis 
S (4): Scott, D. Hill; Battle, Anderson 
--------- 
PK: McPherson 
P: Robbins 
LS: Adomitis 

If Collins/Chido are PUP to start, that opens up another spot or 2. 

Practice Squad: In order of toughest cuts: 
1. Basham, DE/OLB 
2. M. Thomas, S 
3. Gunter, DE 
4. Kirkland, OG 
5. Ivey, CB
6. Adeniji, OT/OG 
7. Smith, OT 
8. Brown, OC/G
9. Morgan, WR
10. Maxwell, DT 
-------Not surprised if anyone above line makes 53------
11. Taylor, WR/PR
12. Jackson, WR
13. George, DB
14. Best camp USFA TE (maybe unseats Asiasi)
15. Best camp UDFA RB (maybe unseats Evans)
16. Best camp USFA LB (maybe unseats Bachie)

All of the top 13 will not stick on our PS, but I think those 13 could play a plausible role on our 53. 
Reply/Quote
Most likely on my 53 not to be:

1. Collins (injury)
2. Awuzie (injury)
3. Evans
4. Ford
5. T. Hill
6. Asiasi
7. Bachie
8. J. Davis
9. Tufele
10. Anderson
------------
11. Scharping
12. S. Jones
13. C. Sample
Reply/Quote
(05-24-2023, 12:01 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: There are numerous guys whi were in the roster last year or brought in this year who are gonna have a tough time making the roster. On offense: Taylor (C. Jones), Irwin/Morgan (Iosivas), Evans (4 RBs?), and it is hard to see all of Adeniji/Ford/Smith making it, even if Collins is on PUP to start. I'd live TE upgrades, but I do not see one. 

On D, we carried 5 DEs last year & brought in Murphy & Basham. Sample is pretty secure in my view, but Gunter/Basham are gonna struggle unless we carry 11 DL or Basham makes it as a LB. We added 3 in the secondary (Turner, Battle, S. Jones), plus Anderson is healthy. 10 DBs was what we kept last year. Chido, CTB, Hilton, Scott, Hill, Turner, and Battle gets you to 7. S. Jones, Davis, George, Mike Thomas & Anderson is pick 3 unless we keep 11 DBs, but that means light somewhere else. Bachie is not safe at LB. I'd love to see DT upgrades, but I don't see that guy on the roster.

Best guess ATM, assuming full health:
QB (2): Burrow, Siemian 
RB (4): Mixon; C. Brown, T. Williams, Evans 
WR (6): Chase, Higgins, Boyd; C. Jones, Iosivas, Irwin 
TE (3): Smith; D. Sample, Asiasi 
OT (4): O. Brown, J. Williams, Carman, Collins 
OG (4): Cappa, Volson; Scharping, Ford 
C: (2): Karras; T. Hill 
--------- 
DE (5): Hendrickson, Hubbard; Murphy, Ossai, C. Sample 
DT/NT (5): Reader, BJ Hill, Tupou, Carter, Tufele 
LB (5): Wilson, Pratt; ADF, Bailey, Bachie 
CB (6): Awuzie, CTB, Hilton; Turner, S. Jones, Davis 
S (4): Scott, D. Hill; Battle, Anderson 
--------- 
PK: McPherson 
P: Robbins 
LS: Adomitis 

If Collins/Chido are PUP to start, that opens up another spot or 2. 

Practice Squad: In order of toughest cuts: 
1. Basham, DE/OLB 
2. M. Thomas, S 
3. Gunter, DE 
4. Kirkland, OG 
5. Ivey, CB
6. Adeniji, OT/OG 
7. Smith, OT 
8. Brown, OC/G
9. Morgan, WR
10. Maxwell, DT 
-------Not surprised if anyone above line makes 53------
11. Taylor, WR/PR
12. Jackson, WR
13. George, DB
14. Best camp USFA TE (maybe unseats Asiasi)
15. Best camp UDFA RB (maybe unseats Evans)
16. Best camp USFA LB (maybe unseats Bachie)

All of the top 13 will not stick on our PS, but I think those 13 could play a plausible role on our 53. 

I like this list
(05-24-2023, 12:04 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Most likely on my 53 not to be:

1. Collins (injury)
2. Awuzie (injury)
3. Evans
4. Ford
5. T. Hill
6. Asiasi
7. Bachie
8. J. Davis
9. Tufele
10. Anderson
------------
11. Scharping
12. S. Jones
13. C. Sample

Didn’t understand what you meant here.

Reply/Quote
Andrei Iosivas as a Track & Field athlete.......this guy is a stud.........if he has soft hands & works on his routes we could have another late round steal

Honors
First Team All America, Heptathlon (Indoor 2022)
NCAA Championships Qualifier, Heptathlon (Indoor 2022)
Ivy League Most Outstanding Field Performer (Indoor 2020, 2022)
Ivy League Champion, Heptathlon (Indoor 2019, 2020, 2022)
First Team All-Ivy League, Heptathlon (Indoor 2019, 2020, 2022)
Ivy League Scorer, Decathlon (Outdoor 2019)

Records
Ivy Record, Heptathlon, 6069 (Indoor 2022)

2021-22: Finished fourth at the NCAA Indoor Championships in the heptathlon with 6069 points ... his time of 6.71 in the 60 was an NCAA Indoor Championships meet record ... won the heptathlon at indoor Heps for the third time ... competed in four regular season indoor meets ... competed in three regular season outdoor meets until his season was cut short due to injury.
Reply/Quote
(05-24-2023, 09:39 PM)CincyKid Wrote: Andrei Iosivas as a Track & Field athlete.......this guy is a stud.........if he has soft hands & works on his routes we could have another late round steal

Honors
First Team All America, Heptathlon (Indoor 2022)
NCAA Championships Qualifier, Heptathlon (Indoor 2022)
Ivy League Most Outstanding Field Performer (Indoor 2020, 2022)
Ivy League Champion, Heptathlon (Indoor 2019, 2020, 2022)
First Team All-Ivy League, Heptathlon (Indoor 2019, 2020, 2022)
Ivy League Scorer, Decathlon (Outdoor 2019)

Records
Ivy Record, Heptathlon, 6069 (Indoor 2022)

2021-22: Finished fourth at the NCAA Indoor Championships in the heptathlon with 6069 points ... his time of 6.71 in the 60 was an NCAA Indoor Championships meet record ... won the heptathlon at indoor Heps for the third time ... competed in four regular season indoor meets ... competed in three regular season outdoor meets until his season was cut short due to injury.

He's a football player first and foremost though: he even said that he did minimal Track in HS and only did it in College because he could lol (due to him being such a great athlete). Football has always been his main priority.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote