Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Welcome to the Bengals: Andrei Iosivas
(05-30-2023, 11:15 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I'm curious, this dude's thread is getting some attention among the fans here at the Bengals Board. Why?

I'm more excited about Jones, Brown, and even the punter than Iosivas. What am I missing that's making more people post about him?

He is a big, dynamic athlete. I would say that he is the best athlete on the entire team. This excites people and makes him the prime candidate for "diamond in the rough" categorization. 

Jones is undoubtedly a better receiver than Iosivas at this point, but Iosivas has a much higher ceiling, even if he is unlikely to reach it. To put it into further perspective, Iosivas had a higher RAS (Relative Athletic Score) than Randy Moss did at similar size. I'll use combine numbers here...

Iosivas

Height - 6'3
Weight - 205
Bench - 19 reps
40 yard dash - 4.43
20 yard split - 2.58
10 yard split - 1.52
Vertical Jump - 39 inches
Broad Jump - 10'08"
Shuttle - 4.12
Three Cone - 6.85

Moss

Height - 6'3.5
Weight - 194
Bench - N/A
40 yard dash - 4.38
20 yard split - 2.66
10 yard split - 1.52
Vertical Jump - 33 inches
Broad Jump - 9'9"
Shuttle - 4.17
Three Cone - 7.19

So, from a general athletic profile, Iosivas grades out as a better athlete than Moss did when he came into the league. He is slightly bigger, nearly just as fast, more explosive and he is quicker. 
Reply/Quote
Yes, what KG here says about Iosivas. His ceiling is crazy high, that is why the hype is real for him.

Expecting not to see the talent for a year or two though. Charlie Jones, Chase Brown and Robbins the Punter should make a
much more immediate impact this year and the next as Tecmo alluded to. Expecting Chuck Sizzle to take over the PR job as a
rookie and be the 4th WR if he outplays Irwin, could happen.

Chase Brown could really get some nice runs early with his vision and that along with his pass pro could help him push for
starting snaps by mid season. Not impressed with Mixon's vision or pass pro at all after last year.

Robbins has crazy hang time and Chrisman was a part of the reason we lost to the Chiefs in the AFCC.
Reply/Quote
(05-30-2023, 03:17 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yes, what KG here says about Iosivas. His ceiling is crazy high, that is why the hype is real for him.

Expecting not to see the talent for a year or two though. Charlie Jones, Chase Brown and Robbins the Punter should make a
much more immediate impact this year and the next as Tecmo alluded to. Expecting Chuck Sizzle to take over the PR job as a
rookie and be the 4th WR if he outplays Irwin, could happen.

Chase Brown could really get some nice runs early with his vision and that along with his pass pro could help him push for
starting snaps by mid season. Not impressed with Mixon's vision or pass pro at all after last year.

Robbins has crazy hang time and Chrisman was a part of the reason we lost to the Chiefs in the AFCC.

He sure regressed lmao . The players had him .#38 best player ahead of Joe and Chase going into 2022. Listen to what they say. He’s lost his vision and burst? I think not.

https://youtu.be/Gk7rjT_nyBw
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(05-30-2023, 10:41 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Prepare to be surprised then Wink

[Image: 348958234_1074464206851449_3418016209856...e=647AA54E]
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-30-2023, 10:20 PM)bfine32 Wrote: [Image: 348958234_1074464206851449_3418016209856...e=647AA54E]

I too am confident in Jones making a much bigger impact than most think. I think as a receiver not just returner. I think they are HOPING to go to more 10 personnel ( I know it’s not used much in the NFL but you’d better be athletic to cover) 01 & 00 personnel. Perine was not a threat in a screen to go 40 yards from a burst standpoint. Now he made up for it because he’s hard to tackle. But no way was he the burst like Brown will be. But I see Brown causing issues there.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(05-30-2023, 05:39 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: He sure regressed lmao . The players had him .#38 best player ahead of Joe and Chase going into 2022. Listen to what they say. He’s lost his vision and burst? I think not.

His vision was horrible. I watched a lot of games back to see the o line and Mixon missed holes, danced around, and sometimes missed bounce outs that would’ve gotten him 20+ yard runs because he did not improvise.

That’s not because of a hurt ankle. That’s mental

He’s a really good pass catcher and when the hole is there is was still really good at squeezing juice out the orange and falling for yards but he did not have the outside game at all.
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(05-30-2023, 11:40 PM)Housh Wrote: His vision was horrible. I watched a lot of games back to see the o line and Mixon missed holes, danced around, and sometimes missed bounce outs that would’ve gotten him 20+ yard runs because he did not improvise.

He’s a really good pass catcher and when the hole is there is was still really good at squeezing juice out the orange and falling for yards but he did not have the outside game at all.

And again today Zac said they were firmly behind him. These guys want to win it all and the players and coaches are firmly behind Joe. End of story. Solomon Wilcots on Joe Mixon recently on his podcast with Zac Taylor “ I get more questions about Joe Mixon sitting in pubs and coffee houses and I tell Cincinnati Bengal fans he’s a rare find. I talk to other coaches in the league all the time and they are talking about they wish they had him. Zac responded “ he’s so physical and especially when he’s out in space even when these guys take him down they pay the price eventually you see on film they don’t want to do it anymore or he makes them miss. He helps Chase and Tee by wearing those DB’s down. Mixon has just been a really good leader in the clubhouse for us. Talking to coaches before the game they moan about facing him. And we feel like he’s been an efficient back for us too. We love the explosive runs out of the backfield as well but we love his efficiency. And he’s been very effective in the passing game”.

I guess they must have better film access than many on here LOL.

https://bleav.com/shows/bleav-in-bengals/episodes/head-coach-zac-taylor-on-bengals-2023-draft-picks/

Reply/Quote
(05-30-2023, 11:21 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: I too am confident in Jones making a much bigger impact than most think. I think as a receiver not just returner. I think they are HOPING to go to more 10 personnel ( I know it’s not used much in the NFL but you’d better be athletic to cover) 01 & 00 personnel. Perine was not a threat in a screen to go 40 yards from a burst standpoint. Now he made up for it because he’s hard to tackle. But no way was he the burst like Brown will be. But I see Brown causing issues there.

After he was drafted articles written about him emphasized this dude is pure money at route running and that is the type of WR Burrow likes. Such takes makes one think Jones might have a big impact at WR this season.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-31-2023, 09:17 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: After he was drafted articles written about him emphasized this dude is pure money at route running and that is the type of WR Burrow likes. Such takes makes one think Jones might have a big impact at WR this season.

The one thing not mentioned as often about Jones is his desire to be good. He’s another selection that Zac loves because he loves ball. I’m confident he’s going to know the playbook and pay attention in the meetings and do everything possible to succeed. I really think this draft class will contribute a lot this year.

Reply/Quote
(05-31-2023, 01:04 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: And again today Zac said they were firmly behind him. These guys want to win it all and the players and coaches are firmly behind Joe. End of story. Solomon Wilcots on Joe Mixon recently on his podcast with Zac Taylor “ I get more questions about Joe Mixon sitting in pubs and coffee houses and I tell Cincinnati Bengal fans he’s a rare find. I talk to other coaches in the league all the time and they are talking about they wish they had him. Zac responded “ he’s so physical and especially when he’s out in space even when these guys take him down they pay the price eventually you see on film they don’t want to do it anymore or he makes them miss. He helps Chase and Tee by wearing those DB’s down. Mixon has just been a really good leader in the clubhouse for us. Talking to coaches before the game they moan about facing him. And we feel like he’s been an efficient back for us too. We love the explosive runs out of the backfield as well but we love his efficiency. And he’s been very effective in the passing game”.

I guess they must have better film access than many on here LOL.

https://bleav.com/shows/bleav-in-bengals/episodes/head-coach-zac-taylor-on-bengals-2023-draft-picks/

Now that i know the RB room is Mixon, Brown, Trayveon and Evans I’m ok with him. What Mixon is bad at is what Brown excels at. We still don’t know if Brown can pass protect but since we don’t know it can’t be considered a negative yet
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(05-31-2023, 10:40 AM)Housh Wrote: Now that i know the RB room is Mixon, Brown, Trayveon and Evans I’m ok with him. What Mixon is bad at is what Brown excels at. We still don’t know if Brown can pass protect but since we don’t know it can’t be considered a negative yet

I know for 1000% fact 30 minutes before he called them back Perine was definitely staying. He was solid so something changed big time.

Reply/Quote
(05-31-2023, 11:34 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: I know for 1000% fact 30 minutes before he called them back Perine was definitely staying. He was solid so something changed big time.

So you’re telling me even when you’re 1000% sure, you’re wrong?
Reply/Quote
(05-30-2023, 05:39 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: He sure regressed lmao . The players had him .#38 best player ahead of Joe and Chase going into 2022. Listen to what they say. He’s lost his vision and burst? I think not.

What do you mean by “ahead of”?
Reply/Quote
(05-31-2023, 03:00 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: What do you mean by “ahead of”?

The video said he came before teammates JaMar Chase and Joe Burrow meaning they were picked later but lower. I agree it’s confusing.

Reply/Quote
(05-31-2023, 02:55 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: So you’re telling me even when you’re 1000% sure, you’re wrong?

Don’t know what’s so difficult for you. You always struggle. Is their an age requirement here?

Reply/Quote

Hey, I was right with you and most people predicting Mixon would have an MVP type of year last year. He didn't, at all, his vision was 
terrible, he was hesitant in hitting holes, had poor balance as usual (always falling forward instead of remaining upright) and he was 
terrible in pass pro. If Chase Brown is good in these areas Mixon will not be the starter by the end of the year, book it Sooner.

It is a what have you done lately league and last year Mixon wasn't good. I am fairly confident he underperformed what everyone 
thought last season.

(05-30-2023, 11:40 PM)Housh Wrote: His vision was horrible. I watched a lot of games back to see the o line and Mixon missed holes, danced around, and sometimes missed bounce outs that would’ve gotten him 20+ yard runs because he did not improvise.

For sure, early last season he had about 3 more TD's if he just followed his blockers instead of running right into the Defenders.

One of Chase Brown's big time strengths is his vision, cannot wait to see our running game with a RB that has this.
Reply/Quote