Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Welcome to the Bengals: Andrei Iosivas
While I have some excitement for his potential, I have to temper it a bit. He’s got a ways to go with his route tree and needs polishing. Right now he’s a good downfield threat and that’s about it. Doesn’t mean that isn’t useful, but that will hold up his playtime more.
Reply/Quote
(05-25-2023, 09:20 AM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: While I have some excitement for his potential, I have to temper it a bit. He’s got a ways to go with his route tree and needs polishing. Right now he’s a good downfield threat and that’s about it. Doesn’t mean that isn’t useful, but that will hold up his playtime more.

I think Iosivas will be inactive on gamedays for a while.
Actives will be Chase, Higgins, Boyd, Jones (PR/KR), Irwin. Also Morgan if they keep a 7th WR for ST purposes.
Morgan is in last year of contract, as is Irwin.
I can totally see Iosivas in a pure learning year this year with maybe being active later in season if/when injuries occur, and playing more of a backup and ST role on next year's team.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-25-2023, 10:17 AM)ochocincos Wrote: I think Iosivas will be inactive on gamedays for a while.
Actives will be Chase, Higgins, Boyd, Jones (PR/KR), Irwin. Also Morgan if they keep a 7th WR for ST purposes.
Morgan is in last year of contract, as is Irwin.
I can totally see Iosivas in a pure learning year this year with maybe being active later in season if/when injuries occur, and playing more of a backup and ST role on next year's team.

Like I said earlier in this thread if Iosivas can find a spot on ST he’s golden to make the first game roster. And I think that’s likely. It may take them experimenting but his athleticism is too good to sit.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
Andre Iosivas “If you look at the progression in my routes from the first day I got here until now, you would think I went through a boot camp for three months,"
"I really take the advice of Ja'Marr and Tee very seriously and critique myself very hard. Every time I'm watching film, I see what Tee tells me and try to replicate it the next day or that practice."

Chase has been terrific, too. "He's really nice. They've both taken me under their wing."

"Tee knows we're very similar in build, so he knows how my body works more," Iosivas says. "In real life, Tee is humongous. He gets out of his breaks really well. If I can just be a mentee under him for a little bit. See how he does things. Even he told me that DBs in the league are surprised how fast he comes out of his breaks despite how big he is. So I want to be at that level."
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(04-30-2023, 03:14 PM)OSUfan Wrote: Why is every selection a replacement for someone? Higgins is not going anywhere and Tobin made that abundantly clear. This kid has an extremely long journey to even imagine being a Tee Higgins and that is not a knock on this kid. Why not a replacement for Irwin or Taylor?

Because there's a roster limit of 53. Someone in means someone's out. I see this guy and the Purdue kid as upgrades to the 3rd and 4th WR spots, not the 2 or 3. 
Reply/Quote
Iosivas and Jones are upgrading the #4 and #5 WR spots. I suspect Irwin is #6.
Reply/Quote
(05-29-2023, 04:25 PM)Joelist Wrote: Iosivas and Jones are upgrading the #4 and #5 WR spots. I suspect Irwin is #6.

Irwin's the #4 unless he gets hurt.

I don't think Iosivas needs as much polish as others do (James Rapien and Iosivas' own comments reflect that), but I too think that outside of injury, he's going to be inactive.

I also feel Jones will be the #5, as he will return and wait in the wings until Boyd comes off the field (with him moving into #3 next year).

Trust me, he was my favourite pick and I think he actually will do something with the team (unlike many 6th rounders), but it won't be this year unless there are injuries.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-29-2023, 05:00 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Irwin's the #4 unless he gets hurt.

I don't think Iosivas needs as much polish as others do (James Rapien and Iosivas' own comments reflect that), but I too think that outside of injury, he's going to be inactive.

I also feel Jones will be the #5, as he will return and wait in the wings until Boyd comes off the field (with him moving into #3 next year).

Trust me, he was my favourite pick and I think he actually will do something with the team (unlike many 6th rounders), but it won't be this year unless there are injuries.

I hope only you and not the Bengals have made this decision before Training Camp. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(05-29-2023, 04:25 PM)Joelist Wrote: Iosivas and Jones are upgrading the #4 and #5 WR spots. I suspect Irwin is #6.

(05-29-2023, 05:00 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Irwin's the #4 unless he gets hurt.

Jones will be in a battle for the 4 & 5 spot. Iosivas needs to impress on special teams to make the 53 man roster

Reply/Quote

No way Losivas beats out Irwin year 1 right?
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(05-29-2023, 06:54 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Brown will be in a battle for the 4 & 5 spot. Iosivas needs to impress on special teams to make the 53 man roster

WTH is Brown? 

Reply/Quote
(05-29-2023, 07:25 PM)bfine32 Wrote: WTH is Brown? 

Ha ha meant Charlie Jones not Charlie Brown. Was snoozing on the couch after golf today.

Reply/Quote
(05-29-2023, 07:17 PM)Housh Wrote: No way Losivas beats out Irwin year 1 right?

Likely right. I was more thinking about which six than what order.
Reply/Quote
(05-29-2023, 07:29 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Ha ha meant Charlie Jones not Charlie Brown. Was snoozing on the couch after golf today.

I was thinking maybe we signed Antonio Brown..

Reply/Quote
(05-29-2023, 07:29 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Ha ha meant Charlie Jones not Charlie Brown. Was snoozing on the couch after golf today.

[Image: charlie-brown-fail.gif]
Reply/Quote

Yeah, I meant 4 and 5 but typed 3 and 4....
Reply/Quote
Trent Irwin went undrafted in the 2019 NFL draft and spent a year on the Dolphins' practice squad before coming here. In his 4 year NFL career dude only has 18 more catches than me.

If we use him at WR more this year than we do Charlie Jones; I'd be quite surprised.

Reply/Quote
(05-30-2023, 10:21 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Trent Irwin went undrafted in the 2019 NFL draft and spent a year on the Dolphins' practice squad before coming here. In his 4 year NFL career dude only has 18 more catches than me.

If we use him at WR more this year than we do Charlie Jones; I'd be quite surprised.

Prepare to be surprised then Wink
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-30-2023, 10:41 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Prepare to be surprised then Wink

If you prepare to be surprised, then you're not surprised. 

Reply/Quote
I'm curious, this dude's thread is getting some attention among the fans here at the Bengals Board. Why?

I'm more excited about Jones, Brown, and even the punter than Iosivas. What am I missing that's making more people post about him?
Reply/Quote