Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Well My Countdown until Football Season Start Thread
(06-26-2017, 12:38 AM)samhain Wrote: Camp generally opens on my birthday (July 29) or the day before.  My favorite present every year hands down.  

Also super excited this year because I'm taking my son for the first time.  He's 4 and ready to be initiated into the cult of perpetual misery.  He sort of knows what's up on fall Sundays, but not quite.  He also knows what PBS is when we drive past it on 75.  It's time to get serious.  Gonna be awesome.

Something about Training camp, I truly truly love...  it is nice to go and enjoy see the guys up close, and you can do it for cheap..  eat drive etc..  it is rally nice.  Family Fun day is really nice...  
Reply/Quote
(06-06-2017, 09:00 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: On that optimistic note, how old are you Gramps?  

My old man is 84 and we spent a night in Nashville this weekend listening to great music, drinking, and making fun of pitt pen fans (Ok, that was just me).  

I am reminded by the line from Marc Harmon's character in the movie "Summer School".  One of his students says that he is at his sexual peak at 17 years old and it is all downhill after that....Harmon's eyes glaze over and he says:  "yeah, but it is a lovely ride".

Enjoy the ride!
I ain't that old. I'll be 58 a week before training camp starts. I'm still about the same weight as I was at 25, still have most of my hair and can actually pass for 45 most days. 
It's the other stuff people can't see..bad knees, hip, etc.. The ticker stinks and I don't have any teeth that I can't put in a glass at night, but considering all the crap I've put myself through over the years, alcoholism, addiction, lost fights, smoking since I was a teenager and on and on I'm doing ok. I live with a great old gal in a nice big house on the lake in South Carolina and have a nice woodworking shop so even if the Bengals and Reds stink I'm ok.. I have zero vested interest in either club other than hoping they win. If they don't I'll piss and moan for a day then move on.. lol
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-26-2017, 11:08 AM)grampahol Wrote: I ain't that old. I'll be 58 a week before training camp starts. I'm still about the same weight as I was at 25, still have most of my hair and can actually pass for 45 most days. 
It's the other stuff people can't see..bad knees, hip, etc.. The ticker stinks and I don't have any teeth that I can't put in a glass at night, but considering all the crap I've put myself through over the years, alcoholism, addiction, lost fights, smoking since I was a teenager and on and on I'm doing ok. I live with a great old gal in a nice big house on the lake in South Carolina and have a nice woodworking shop so even if the Bengals and Reds stink I'm ok.. I have zero vested interest in either club other than hoping they win. If they don't I'll piss and moan for a day then move on.. lol

Good stuff.  Hopefully, you are seeing a Cardiologist about the "ticker" as there are LOTS of things that can help with that.  I'm 48, so I am aspiring to be like you in 10 years where I only piss and moan for one day.  

ThumbsUp

Oh, and I didn't mean to imply you are as old as my father, if you took it that way.  I will likely become SHGrampaX in the next few years, as my oldest got married last summer.  
Reply/Quote
(06-26-2017, 11:08 AM)grampahol Wrote: I ain't that old. I'll be 58 a week before training camp starts. I'm still about the same weight as I was at 25, still have most of my hair and can actually pass for 45 most days. 

Nice - Good stuff gramp Wink
Late 40's here. I feel ya
Reply/Quote
(06-26-2017, 02:23 PM)Whacked Wrote: Nice - Good stuff gramp Wink
Late 40's here. I feel ya

[Image: USATSI_8858177_168380616_lowres.jpg]
Reply/Quote
[Image: shutterstock_142573684.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(06-26-2017, 01:34 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: I'm 48, so I am aspiring to be like you in 10 years where I only piss and moan for one day.  

I'm going to turn 65 this fall.  And I'm pretty sure I'll be right here on the boards whining and grousing all week every week.

Some people just don't make any of the transitions they're supposed to.   First I stopped growing physically in 7th grade.   Then I stopped growing in every other way...  in 7th grade.
Reply/Quote
(05-31-2017, 02:58 PM)Marlon23 Wrote: https://days.to/until/nfl-season  - 99 Days Left.

If you can get into the show Big Brother it helps a lot.

Takes you right up to football season and is always loaded with eye candy. 
[Image: Untitleddfcopycopycopycopy_zps872b23c3.png]
Reply/Quote
Am 54 and maybe all us old guys will live long enough to experience a Bengals SB victory.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(07-03-2017, 03:56 PM)3wt Wrote: I'm going to turn 65 this fall.  And I'm pretty sure I'll be right here on the boards whining and grousing all week every week.

Some people just don't make any of the transitions they're supposed to.   First I stopped growing physically in 7th grade.   Then I stopped growing in every other way...  in 7th grade.

Haha. Ain't that the dang truth Wink
Reply/Quote
GETTING CLOSER LADIES.

[Image: o-AREA-51-facebook.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(05-31-2017, 03:54 PM)magikod Wrote: football come sooner please!!!

I can't stand the Reds any longer. Come on FOOTBALL!
Reply/Quote
(07-18-2017, 03:35 PM)Marlon23 Wrote: GETTING CLOSER LADIES.

[Image: o-AREA-51-facebook.jpg]
Just turn 51 in April, same day as Boomer. Kind of wondering when the midlife crisis kicks in. Convertible sports car, frost the tips of my hair, gold chains, and button down shirts and tight jeans????
Reply/Quote
(07-18-2017, 03:42 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Just turn 51 in April, same day as Boomer. Kind of wondering when the midlife crisis kicks in. Convertible sports car, frost the tips of my hair, gold chains, and button down shirts and tight jeans????

No lie, I think I honestly had my mid life crisis in my late 30's.  If your lucky maybe you won't get it.  Mine was more of a depressed not excited about certain things kinda feel.  Tight jeans had nothing to do with it, but I bet you can rock the tight jeans sandwedge.  lol.
Reply/Quote
(07-18-2017, 03:37 PM)Derrick Wrote: I can't stand the Reds any longer. Come on FOOTBALL!

I gave up on the reds about 1 month ago.   It always is the same really excited I am going to the games this and that and then they suck and I am like not interested it almost turns into yuck I can't believe I fell for that again.  Almost like you had a chick and then she dumps you and you leach onto another chick who is like not even close to the first chick and you have fun sure, but after a while you start thinking to yourself, I can't go out in public with this chick what am I going to do now so you long for the first chick.  Yeah, something like that. 
Reply/Quote
Anyone know if they'll be practicing near Dayton again this year?
Reply/Quote
(07-18-2017, 04:05 PM)Marlon23 Wrote: No lie, I think I honestly had my mid life crisis in my late 30's.  If your lucky maybe you won't get it.  Mine was more of a depressed not excited about certain things kinda feel.  Tight jeans had nothing to do with it, but I bet you can rock the tight jeans sandwedge.  lol.

I find mid life (52) to be better than my 20s.  In my 20s I was stupid.  I was also poor.
Reply/Quote
(07-19-2017, 02:45 AM)BonnieBengal Wrote: I find mid life (52) to be better than my 20s.  In my 20s I was stupid.  I was also poor.

Poverty isn't nearly as bad as a lot of things. I'd rather be poor, in good health with a good woman than be rich, too sick to enjoy it and live with a woman who does nothing but complain about any and everything. 
I'm not saying that I want to be poor or that I particularly like it, but my life pretty much goes along about the same money or no money. I was poor and raised two really great kids who still love me despite me being a real drunken, addicted turd most of their childhoods. They both forgave me for it and we get along great now days. It's all about what you make of your time.   I might have been a drunken jerk for 20 years, but I was always home at night and my kids always had a mom and dad at home. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(07-19-2017, 02:59 AM)grampahol Wrote: Poverty isn't nearly as bad as a lot of things. I'd rather be poor, in good health with a good woman than be rich, too sick to enjoy it and live with a woman who does nothing but complain about any and everything. 
I'm not saying that I want to be poor or that I particularly like it, but my life pretty much goes along about the same money or no money. I was poor and raised two really great kids who still love me despite me being a real drunken, addicted turd most of their childhoods. They both forgave me for it and we get along great now days. It's all about what you make of your time.   I might have been a drunken jerk for 20 years, but I was always home at night and my kids always had a mom and dad at home. 

I agree with you.  I'm not rich but rich in family life. But most of the time when you see the guy driving the cool classic car or hot rod, he has gray hair.  You have to save up for the cool stuff.  
Reply/Quote
It just hit me today. I ordered GamePass (I'm In China) for 125 USD. Received my teaching schedule next semester. Luckily, my classes are Tuesdays and Fridays meaning I can get drunk @ 2 am on Mondays (afternoon game start time). And just ordered some Bengals gear (shirts, flag, and of course a bottle opener).

Reply/Quote