Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Well, Schefter was wrong before, sure hope he is again!
Maybe we can get Gregg Williams to come to Cincy Tongue.
Reply/Quote
Honestly....why is everyone upset by this? This isn't news. It's been the reality for years. Why get upset or more upset now?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2018, 01:55 PM)Stewy Wrote: Honestly....why is everyone upset by this?  This isn't news.  It's been the reality for years.  Why get upset or more upset now?

Marvin's only chance to improve his REP is to come back and try again in 2019.

Can't make it much worse by losing in 2019.

Could make it better if he can win.

He'll be back...
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2018, 10:10 AM)Wyche Wrote: So, it appears that the speculation 'holic posted earlier is true.  Son of Paul is letting Mediocre Merv dictate when it's time to hang up the headset.  My God......how in the hell can one man be so inept and clueless about running a football team? Seriously Mikey?

https://thebiglead.com/2018/12/23/cincinatti-bengals-marvin-lewis-decide-when-he-wants-to-stop-coaching/

It's absolutely insane.

Last year, it was speculated that is was Marvin who was putting out the rumors that he may not re-sign. It was also reported that he was wanting more input in some places, although he already had quite a bit and always has. Marvin denied those reports. 

Mike, instead of just using the opportunity of Marvin's contract being up to move on from him without owing him a penny, just sit around and waited on Marvin to decide what he wanted to do and eventually they came together on the new deal.

This seems to be sort of a repeat. It's being speculated again that Marvin is the one putting out the notion that he'll decide his future after the season ends. And once again, even after 3 straight losing seasons and being swept by the Browns, Mike will just sit there and wait on Marvin to decide what he wants to do...which I'm sure is to return for a 17th season.

The mere fact that Mike is letting the head coach decide his own fate is beyond embarrassing as a fan of this franchise. The owner is too lazy, too incompetent, too comfortable and too disinterested in results to get off his complacent ass to make what should be an extremely easy decision...to fire a head coach that hasn't won a single playoff game and is just 19-27-1 over the last 3 seasons.

I would love to see Mike prove everyone wrong; show that he has the balls to finally do the right thing and more importantly, show the fan base that he actually gives at least minimal shits about winning and doing whatever is necessary to make that happen. Unfortunately though, I'm sure it'll just be more of the same...taking the route that requires the least amount of effort on his part.
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2018, 02:05 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Mike, instead of just using the opportunity of Marvin's contract being up to move on from him without owing him a penny, instead just sit around and waited on Marvin to decide what he wanted to do and eventually they came together on the new deal.

Don't forget the Raise Marvin got.

Plus Marvin's "Cousin Eddy" saw to it that he got his Christmas Bonus which he used to get his new pool. Tongue
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2018, 01:55 PM)Stewy Wrote: Honestly....why is everyone upset by this?  This isn't news.  It's been the reality for years.  Why get upset or more upset now?

It's like having a severe case of hemorrhoids (Marvin) that just won't go away and the doctor (Mike) refuses to remove them. Your flaming, swollen anus becomes a reality and continues to be a reality...but you're still going to get pretty irritated regardless. Ninja
Reply/Quote
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
DON’T GO TO GAMES OR DON’T COMPLAIN...... that’s pretty much it.
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2018, 02:18 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: It's like having a severe case of hemorrhoids (Marvin) that just won't go away and the doctor (Mike) refuses to remove them. Your flaming, swollen anus becomes a reality and continues to be a reality...but you're still going to get pretty irritated regardless. Ninja

Exactly......plus, it has always been speculation....now it's out in the open.  Like you said earlier, how embarrassing.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
**** Marvin ! Should have been fired 11 years ago
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2018, 02:18 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: It's like having a severe case of hemorrhoids (Marvin) that just won't go away and the doctor (Mike) refuses to remove them. Your flaming, swollen anus becomes a reality and continues to be a reality...but you're still going to get pretty irritated regardless. Ninja

But the Doctor (Mike) is nice enough to sell Bengal seat cushions to any Fan that would like one.

Seat cushions will be 1/2 price on Hue Bobble head day, so we got that going for us...
Reply/Quote
Is it possible (not probable) that Marvin is leaning toward a FO job or retirement and this is their way if letting him save face that it was his call? Maybe they hire Joseph as HC after the Hue backlash.
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2018, 10:10 AM)WychesWarrior Wrote: So, it appears that the speculation 'holic posted earlier is true.  Son of Paul is letting Mediocre Merv dictate when it's time to hang up the headset.  My God......how in the hell can one man be so inept and clueless about running a football team? Seriously Mikey?

https://thebiglead.com/2018/12/23/cincinatti-bengals-marvin-lewis-decide-when-he-wants-to-stop-coaching/

Confirming what most of us already know, MIKE BROWN GIVES ZERO SHTZ ABOUT WINNING.....ZERO. HE WANTS YOUR MONEY. At least he finally came out and said it...basically.
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2018, 02:46 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: **** Marvin !    Should have been fired 11 years ago

I think a case could be made that he should've been fired after 2008, when he was 46-49-1 and had only 1 winning season in 6 years. 

A case could definitely have been made for moving on after 2010 when his contract expired and he was 60-67-1 and 0-2 in the playoffs.

The embarrassing meltdowns to the Chargers in '13 and Steelers in '15 would've also been very reasonable times to move on from Marvin.

Last year, his contract was up again, and it was a perfect opportunity to part ways, especially after back to back losing seasons.

Mike just can't bring himself to part with Marvin and Marvin won't walk away...so we're left with the most absurd and strange owner-coach relationship in the NFL and probably all of sports. Just downright weird and pathetic.
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2018, 02:51 PM)phil413 Wrote: Is it possible (not probable) that Marvin is leaning toward a FO job or retirement and this is their way if letting him save face that it was his call?  Maybe they hire Joseph as HC after the Hue backlash.

I hope not.......

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Screw it!!! TRIGGERED!!! Going full Stephen A. Smith crazy!!
It is racist to keep Lewis as head coach. The most incompetent black man in the world has this job and can't be fired.

Not really, but finding a logical reason is just something that can't be done.
Reply/Quote
By the way, Schefter was a hack, was legit then went to being a hack again.
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2018, 02:59 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: I think a case could be made that he should've been fired after 2008, when he was 46-49-1 and had only 1 winning season in 6 years. 

A case could definitely have been made for moving on after 2010 when his contract expired and he was 60-67-1 and 0-2 in the playoffs.

The embarrassing meltdowns to the Chargers in '13 and Steelers in '15 would've also been very reasonable times to move on from Marvin.

Last year, his contract was up again, and it was a perfect opportunity to part ways, especially after back to back losing seasons.

Mike just can't bring himself to part with Marvin and Marvin won't walk away...so we're left with the most absurd and strange owner-coach relationship in the NFL and probably all of sports. Just downright weird and pathetic.

Is this their bone headed way of trying to leave town?  Because they have defied all logic in such a way that a reasonable mind can't help thinking something else has to be going on.   When no part of what you see makes sense, you have to wonder what the unseen thing is.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(12-24-2018, 03:15 PM)Destro Wrote: By the way, Schefter was a hack, was legit then went to being a hack again.

Guess I missed the legit era.  He's just like Marv--no one to answer to for his performance.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(12-24-2018, 02:59 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: I think a case could be made that he should've been fired after 2008, when he was 46-49-1 and had only 1 winning season in 6 years. 

Well the biggest thing about Mike is he is a idiot  and he has no idea what he is doing. I think he holds on to Marvin because Marvin is the only guy who has had any sense of success under him.  So he is definitely afraid of what will happen after Marvin goes.

From  Marvin point of view  he knows how stupid Mike is and he doesn't want to leave his team with Mike being in total control again. Marvin knows there is know chance this team can win with Mike running the show again and that's what might happen if Marvin chooses to leave.

With all that being said this franchise needs a new direction, new energy, and a new face.  Hopefully the family cancconvince Mike to step down. Let Duke run the football part of the team as GM and let him hire a new coach. Get  an actual front office with more scouts and get a deal for a new practice facility.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote