Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Well.....Well....Well...
Suddenly Fox News and Trump supporters are against private businesses serving who they choose..... Amazing flip flop on one of their core principles they went to court to protect and defended for the prior 8 years.

Excuses? I'll wait for them.....

This is they hypocrisy I find amazing about Trump Supporters and right-wing media. Now we have to sit back and listen to the same folks cheering the rights of small business owners not serving gay people cry about SHS not being served. Comical, if only the hypocrisy wasn't so real.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
I compare it more to the Starbucks situation. Can't ask a loiterer to leave, need sensitivity training. But an actual customer, well that's different.
Ahh, but Starbucks didn't refuse to serve, they refused to let two black men sit down for 2 minutes (as they waited for a friend to get his order). Something they let any "other" people do without questions. Now that the facts and video are out that pretty much ended Starbucks support in that situation. But then again Starbucks isn't a small business and if they refused to serve gay people..........

Next...

(06-25-2018, 08:52 AM)jj22 Wrote: Suddenly Fox News and Trump supporters are against private businesses serving who they choose..... Amazing flip flop on one of their core principles they went to court to protect and defended for the prior 8 years.

This is they hypocrisy I find amazing about Trump Supporters and right-wing media. Now we have to sit back and listen to the same folks cheering the rights of small business owners not serving gay people cry about SHS not being served. Comical, if only the hypocrisy wasn't so real.

You do realize for there to be hypocrisy from the right on this issue there has to be hypocrisy from the left on this issue?
Can we get a link or something?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

I think it's safe to say there's a little bit of snowflake in everyone from the outcry of Trump supporters and Trump crying on Twitter about it all morning.

(06-25-2018, 09:30 AM)jj22 Wrote: I think it's safe to say there's a little bit of snowflake in everyone from the outcry of Trump supporters and Trump crying on Twitter about it all morning.

For those of us in the dark, can you fill us in on what you are talking about?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Sarah Sanders was asked to leave a small business (refused service).

(06-25-2018, 09:34 AM)jj22 Wrote: Sarah Sanders was asked to leave a small business (refused service).

OK I found it.  If they are asking for the restaurant to face legal consequences over it, then they are hypocrites.  If they are just bitching about it or saying everyone should boycott the place, then they are not hypocrites.  

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/local/wp/2018/06/23/why-a-small-town-restaurant-owner-asked-sarah-huckabee-sanders-to-leave-and-would-do-it-again/?utm_term=.e3781f7a0ce7
But why cry for boycotts etc on a restaurant that is acting on a right that you fought for for 8 years, and went to court to defend?

I think that's why folks are slamming them for being hypocrites.

(06-25-2018, 08:52 AM)jj22 Wrote: Suddenly Fox News and Trump supporters are against private businesses serving who they choose..... Amazing flip flop on one of their core principles they went to court to protect and defended for the prior 8 years.

People need to stop comparing this to the situations about serving gay customers that have cropped up. Being gay isn't a choice, but working as Press Secretary for a narcissistic POTUS and lying from the lectern in an official capacity every day, that is a choice. Being an asshole isn't a civil right that is afforded protection. When you draw lines between these two situations you are actually helping the right-wing make their argument. It's still a fallacious argument, but you're helping them none the less.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(06-25-2018, 09:39 AM)jj22 Wrote: But why cry for boycotts etc on a restaurant that is acting on a right that you fought for for 8 years,  and went to court to defend?

I think that's why folks are slamming them for being hypocrites.

Because they were fighting for a business to run itself the way it seems fit.  That doesn't mean people have to like it or patronize it.  There are several businesses I won't go to because of the way they do things.  That doesn't mean I believe they should be forced to do it another way.  

(06-25-2018, 09:23 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: You do realize for there to be hypocrisy from the right on this issue there has to be hypocrisy from the left on this issue?

No hypocrisy.

Political beliefs should not create a "protected class" like race, religion, or sex.
(06-25-2018, 09:44 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Because they were fighting for a business to run itself the way it seems fit.  That doesn't mean people have to like it or patronize it.  There are several businesses I won't go to because of the way they do things.  That doesn't mean I believe they should be forced to do it another way.  

But that screws over minorities.

We tried "serve just who you want" and we ended up with Jim Crow discrimination.
Also, I just want to add, The Red Hen is ***** delicious and if you are ever in Lexington you should just ignore all the political bullshit and eat there. It's a regular stop for me when I'm in town. It's why the Sanders family stopped in. Because it's delicious, not because of me.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(06-25-2018, 09:46 AM)fredtoast Wrote: But that screws over minorities.

We tried "serve just who you want" and we ended up with Jim Crow discrimination.

I'm just pointing out why they are not hypocrites for boycotting.

The president has now tweeted out the restaurant is dirty in an attempt to retaliate. This is a direct violation of ethics rules by both the POTUS and Sanders , yet I'm sure neither cares. Hopefully the restaurant pursues civil damages, maybe that will get their attention.
I think it's safe to say nothing will happen with the POTUS and Press Sec attacking private businesses from their government accounts. They aren't the Obama's or Clinton's (or Bush's for that matter) so accountability isn't held on the same level.

I don't think there will be any civil damages, as all this does is advertise for the restaurant and liberals will flock there to show their support just as the bakery had the initial boost from Trump supporters (when they were for small businesses rights to choose who they serve).

(06-25-2018, 09:42 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: People need to stop comparing this to the situations about serving gay customers that have cropped up. Being gay isn't a choice, but working as Press Secretary for a narcissistic POTUS and lying from the lectern in an official capacity every day, that is a choice. Being an asshole isn't a civil right that is afforded protection. When you draw lines between these two situations you are actually helping the right-wing make their argument. It's still a fallacious argument, but you're helping them none the less.

so every press secretary ever?