Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What’s your number ?
Well, I look at it like this. Some are saying lose out to get the better draft picks. I say it's time to see what this team is made of. Is it a one man show, or do we have the talent to compete without Burrow. We still have our defense mostly intact. We still have Chase, and Boyd and should be getting Tee back, let alone emerging players like Irwin and Hudson. Still have a healthy Mixon. Browning showed a lot of deep ball accuracy and is a mad scrambler. He's not Burrow, but no one is. I'll still be watching and rooting for them to win every week.
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2023, 11:59 AM)samhain Wrote: We'll find out fast. There aren't really any easy outs on this schedule. Pittsburgh might be the only thing close with their horrid offense. If they somehow eek one out next Sunday, then maybe Minnesota or Indy become possibilities.

Never know, though. I wouldn't have predicted they could have beaten Pittsburgh in 2020. As we all know, taking teams without key players lightly is a loss waiting to happen. A lot of it depends on the culture and morale of the current Bengals locker room and whether or not they have the energy and resolve to ruin some teams' Sundays without the reward of a deep postseason run.

I agree but also think a lot of it is going to depend on how long our stars stay on the field given the outlook for the season and keeping an eye on 2024. If they don’t keep it close in the first few games they may very well pack it in for the rest. I think, like you said, we’ll know more in very short order.

But I’m ready for the “tank” versus “keep fighting” debates on this board because they are surely coming.
"I'm not going to accept losing"

-- Joe Burrow
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2023, 01:35 PM)chrisball96 Wrote: I agree but also think a lot of it is going to depend on how long our stars stay on the field given the outlook for the season and keeping an eye on 2024. If they don’t keep it close in the first few games they may very well pack it in for the rest. I think, like you said, we’ll know more in very short order.

But I’m ready for the “tank” versus “keep fighting” debates on this board because they are surely coming.

While fans might be ready to pack it in, I guarantee no one on the Bengals is.
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2023, 01:29 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Well, I look at it like this. Some are saying lose out to get the better draft picks. I say it's time to see what this team is made of. Is it a one man show, or do we have the talent to compete without Burrow. We still have our defense mostly intact. We still have Chase, and Boyd and should be getting Tee back, let alone emerging players like Irwin and Hudson. Still have a healthy Mixon. Browning showed a lot of deep ball accuracy and is a mad scrambler. He's not Burrow, but no one is. I'll still be watching and rooting for them to win every week.

So will I — and so will Joe Burrow. In yesterday’s press conference he said he believes the team still has a chance to make the playoffs and he’s going to do all he can to assist.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Honestly, I'm just looking at the draft. But if we win some games along the way so be it. Not really that motivated to tank, so it's kind of a best of both worlds for me. I'll enjoy whatever happens, and we'll get an outstanding pick in April no matter what. This is not a roster that should be getting the 12th-18th pick in the draft, but we probably will. Every cloud has a silver lining and this one's pretty awesome.
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 11:54 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: How many games should we win with a backup QB that’s got zero experience in the NFL? Based on what you’ve seen out of the defense and offense so far this season? We have 7 games left.

Zero... We'll get one win if we're extremely lucky. Can't run the ball, can't stop the run, and we give up explosive plays left and right.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
So, if by some chance they win enough to get into the playoffs, how many of the "Burrow is carrying Zac" posters will say they were wrong? I predict.... none.
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2023, 01:47 PM)jason Wrote: Zero... We'll get one win if we're extremely lucky. Can't run the ball, can't stop the run, and we give up explosive plays left and right.

Atta boy, way to support the team. Tiger
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2023, 01:11 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Throwing out the first 3 games the Bengals offense is in the top 10 in points per play and scoring. FYI.

Throwing out the remaining 7 games we may stay in the top 10.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2023, 01:50 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Atta boy, way to support the team. Tiger

I'll support them. The man asked a question and I gave an honest assessment. What did you see in the second half Thursday night that makes you feel differently?

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 11:57 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Let's play tough in all of them, win none.  Get those draft slots and that 4th place schedule.  SB in 2024.

I'm going to root for the Bengals to win. Draft picks are often a crap shoot. So many players slated as stars that end up relative busts, whether injury or talent, such as Zac Wilson (#2 pick), K-Jana Carter, Akili Smith, Johnny Manziel, David Klinger (6th overall!), David Pollack, Ogbuehi, John Ross (9th pick!).

Why root to lose when we never know if the draft pick will be a bust or not or the 4th place schedule (which, I think, is just a difference in 2 teams) will actually end up being teams like Houston that are much improved.

I don't want to put the team through the hell of losing game after game for draft picks. Maybe if we were talking the first pick in the draft, but we're not in competition for the 1st pick. Let the players get the joy of some victories.
Reply/Quote
I see a 4-3 finish which may or may not qualify for the playoffs.

Too many great players full of pride to just fold and call it a season.
Reply/Quote
Winning 2-4 (unlikely) will be a feel good story for some fans…. Until April when we miss out on an elite prospect or two that get snagged right before our pick.

Then would it have really be worth it and for what? To say we ended the season 7-10 vs 5-12? This season will be this season, a forgettable one outside of remembering the Burrow injury. Next season is what will matter come April.

Think of 2019 and how 1 more win would have changed everything. Dolphins game did tell a story (that the new young coaching staff could manage a clock after scoring 22 points in what… 30 seconds. Something like that. Luckily we saw what we needed in a loss. That’s what we need from here on out this season.

To the topic of the thread. I say they’ll win 1 max. This offense revolves round Burrow. 7 weeks wont be enough time to change that identity.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2023, 12:40 PM)Ell Prez Wrote: Could you imagine sneaking in as the 7 seed just to get completely man handled by KC or Bal round 1. Lol. No thanks. Punt the season. Top 10 pick let’s go

Didn't bother the Ravens last year.  They were a miracle play away from knocking us out of the playoffs.
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 11:54 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: How many games should we win with a backup QB that’s got zero experience in the NFL? Based on what you’ve seen out of the defense and offense so far this season? We have 7 games left.

I think we win 1 game. Never want us to lose but always having one of the last picks in all the rounds sure takes your 
chances of getting a crazy talent much less. Secretly hoping we don't win another game so we can get a player like Brock
Bowers have to say.
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2023, 01:29 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Well, I look at it like this. Some are saying lose out to get the better draft picks. I say it's time to see what this team is made of. Is it a one man show, or do we have the talent to compete without Burrow. We still have our defense mostly intact. We still have Chase, and Boyd and should be getting Tee back, let alone emerging players like Irwin and Hudson. Still have a healthy Mixon. Browning showed a lot of deep ball accuracy and is a mad scrambler.  He's not Burrow, but no one is. I'll still be watching and rooting for them to win every week.

Not going to lie, your post made me feel better Sled. I just think now is the perfect time to add a game changing talent to put us 
over the top. I don't think we will have many losing seasons after this one and we got Chase the last time Burrow got hurt which 
added that game changing talent. You very well could be right though and even with Browning we win quite a few games.

Definitely not out of the question. I think this Defense has underperformed big time under Lou this season and we went away 
from what was working on Offense which was the QB under Center. If our D becomes what it should be and our running game 
comes alive while Browning is able to get the weapons the ball we could win out, it is possible.
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2023, 02:39 PM)jj22 Wrote: Winning 2-4 (unlikely) will be a feel good story for some fans…. Until April when we miss out on an elite prospect or two that get snagged right before our pick.

Then would it have really be worth it and for what? To say we ended the season 7-10 vs 5-12? This season will be this season, a forgettable one outside of remembering the Burrow injury. Next season is what will matter come April.

Think of 2019 and how 1 more win would have changed everything. Dolphins game did tell a story (that the new young coaching staff could manage a clock after scoring 22 points in what… 30 seconds. Something like that. Luckily we saw what we needed in a loss. That’s what we need from here on out this season.

To the topic of the thread. I say they’ll win 1 max. This offense revolves round Burrow. 7 weeks wont be enough time to change that identity.

Or, you can waste 7 games of viewing and rooting for your team just to look forward to a draft that ends up disappointing you anyway. I'm tired of looking forward to the draft in November. And I don't want my team to suffer for 7 weeks knowing fans want them to lose. 
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2023, 02:51 PM)Nepa Wrote: Or, you can waste 7 games of viewing and rooting for your team just to look forward to a draft that ends up disappointing you anyway. I'm tired of looking forward to the draft in November. And I don't want my team to suffer for 7 weeks knowing fans want them to lose. 

Definitely understand your thoughts here Nepa.
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2023, 02:39 PM)jj22 Wrote: Winning 2-4 (unlikely) will be a feel good story for some fans…. Until April when we miss out on an elite prospect or two that get snagged right before our pick.

Every game we win without Joe Burrow gives 52 other players that THEY can play at a championship level. 

I want Zac to know he can win games without JB

I want Joe Mixon to know he can win a game

I want JaMar Chase to know he can make an inexperienced QB better

I want Trey Hendrickson, Sam Hubbard, CTB, and the rest of the D to know THEY can lead a team to the playoffs.

We're NOT some srub them that has to hang their hopes on getting an elite prospect in the draft and despite the protests to the contrary; JB has had his fair share of injuries. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-18-2023, 01:16 PM)bfine32 Wrote: We were .500 with our starter. I can see 3-4 with JB2. Unlike most in here I'll be rooting for 7-0

Same, and I hate all this tanking talk bullshit, too.  

[Image: game-you-play-the-game-to-win-the-game.gif]  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote