Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What’s your number ?
It just amazes me how easily people just give up these days. First sign of adversity, and you're out. Is that really any kind of way to live life? I'm going to ride or die with this team, as I always do, and root for Browning to come in and shine, and lead us back into the playoffs. 2024 draft? Not even a consideration. We lost Burrow. Cleveland lost Watson. Baltimore is on the verge and on schedule to lose Lamar. Injuries are occurring all across the league. I wonder how much of this "just give up and focus on the draft" mentality is really just hoping the Zac Taylor is being carried by Burrow narrative isn't shown to be false.
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2023, 01:11 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Throwing out the first 3 games the Bengals offense is in the top 10 in points per play and scoring. FYI.

You have to keep in mind you're interacting with some people who thought AJ McCarron should've been starting over Andy Dalton.....and now they want him playing again. Some of these fans get an irrational hate going against a member of the team (Dalton, Gresham, Joey Votto, Zac), form a grudge, and won't let go for anything. It's absolutely fascinating to watch the idiocy.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I’m optimistic I’ll say 2 games. One out of luck or just bad officiating. The other will be the last game when KC is resting their starters.
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2023, 10:24 AM)Sled21 Wrote: It just amazes me how easily people just give up these days. First sign of adversity, and you're out. Is that really any kind of way to live life? I'm going to ride or die with this team, as I always do, and root for Browning to come in and shine, and lead us back into the playoffs. 2024 draft? Not even a consideration. We lost Burrow. Cleveland lost Watson. Baltimore is on the verge and on schedule to lose Lamar. Injuries are occurring all across the league. I wonder how much of this "just give up and focus on the draft" mentality is really just hoping the Zac Taylor is being carried by Burrow narrative isn't shown to be false.

One can "ride and die" and be a realist. Maybe Jake Browning is Brady 2.0... but the odds aren't in his favour. The organisation is already having these conversations. I don't personally believe in "tanking", as there are no guarantees. That said, if you lose some games to work on development... I'm ok with that. I want us to win the next 7, but that's a tall order.

There are a lot of great/very good OT's available, as well as two very good EDGE guys... which we may need. Although, I'd like a shot at Bowers.
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2023, 07:23 PM)Nepa Wrote: So, you will be rooting for the Steelers to beat the Bengals? 

I am flabbergasted by some of these responses, hoping the Bengals lose out.  I could NEVER root for the Bengals to lose , especially against teams like the Steelers, Browns, or Chiefs.  For people that are saying you hope we go 0 and 7, are you seriously saying if it's a close game next week late against the Steelers, you're pulling for Pickett to lead his team down the field for the winning touchdown? I call BS. I think people that are saying that are being dishonest. No way a true Bengals fan is rooting for the Steelers.
"Knowledge is preferable to ignorance. Better by far to embrace the hard truth than a reassuring fable. "
---CARL SAGAN
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2023, 12:23 PM)IcoHolic Wrote: One can "ride and die" and be a realist. Maybe Jake Browning is Brady 2.0... but the odds aren't in his favour. The organisation is already having these conversations. I don't personally believe in "tanking", as there are no guarantees. That said, if you lose some games to work on development... I'm ok with that. I want us to win the next 7, but that's a tall order.

There are a lot of great/very good OT's available, as well as two very good EDGE guys... which we may need. Although, I'd like a shot at Bowers.

Truth, it's okay to be pragmatic. Winning a Super Bowl becomes even more challenging when your star QB can't take the field.

I'm rooting for Browning and the Bengals. I also won't be disappointed if we have a nice draft pick for 2024.
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2023, 12:54 PM)Science Friction Wrote: I am flabbergasted by some of these responses, hoping the Bengals lose out.  I could NEVER root for the Bengals to lose , especially against teams like the Steelers, Browns, or Chiefs.  For people that are saying you hope we go 0 and 7, are you seriously saying if it's a close game next week late against the Steelers, you're pulling for Pickett to lead his team down the field for the winning touchdown? I call BS. I think people that are saying that are being dishonest. No way a true Bengals fan is rooting for the Steelers.

People can hope the Bengals improve their draft position so they can ultimately win the Super Bowl without rooting for the Steelers.

Short term goals vs long term goals.

Instant gratification vs strategic thinking.
Reply/Quote
I'll go with a solid 1 win. At least one of those six teams left, Pitt twice, is bound to lay a big ole stinker.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(11-19-2023, 12:23 PM)IcoHolic Wrote: One can "ride and die" and be a realist. Maybe Jake Browning is Brady 2.0... but the odds aren't in his favour. The organisation is already having these conversations. I don't personally believe in "tanking", as there are no guarantees. That said, if you lose some games to work on development... I'm ok with that. I want us to win the next 7, but that's a tall order.

Losing games to work on development is ok once the season is over. Our season is not over. The Bengals are still right in the Wild Card fight. And people are suggesting losing out. It's really sad.
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2023, 05:20 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Losing games to work on development is ok once the season is over. Our season is not over. The Bengals are still right in the Wild Card fight. And people are suggesting losing out. It's really sad.

This is my perspective. There are 7 games to go. The Bengals have 5 wins. Making the playoffs is still a possibility, and once in the playoffs anything is a possibility. 

Cleveland lost their starting QB, but the fans are cheering wildly for the Browns. Jets lost Rodgers and have been cheering wildly for the Jets to win, not to lose and improve their draft position.

The Patriots fans continued to cheer for their team after they lost Bledsoe and were stuck with a 6th round rookie leading the team. The 49ers fans were cheering the 49ers when they lost their 1st and 2nd string QBs and were stuck with Mr. Irrelevant as the QB. 

The Bengals have good overall talent. We don't know what Browning, or another QB, can do as yet with this team. I may change my view on winning when the Bengals are eliminated,  but even then I would still hope they could win if that meant damaging the Steelers chances.

Quite frankly, I'm too old to just write off another season in mid-November. I've seen that story for decades. 
Reply/Quote
Well look at that... Cleveland just beat Pissburgh without a starting QB. They should've tanked.... Ninja
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2023, 05:20 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Losing games to work on development is ok once the season is over. Our season is not over. The Bengals are still right in the Wild Card fight. And people are suggesting losing out. It's really sad.

One game at a time.... even if we go 2-5, as long as those two wins are against the Steelers!

We've all seen those teams written off throughout sports history only to succeed.

Onward and upward!
Reply/Quote
I'm going to set the over/under at 7.5 wins on the season. Ninja

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2023, 08:04 PM)QueenCity Wrote: The 4th place schedule matters... the top 10 pick matters.

I'm rooting for the Bengals every Sunday but I'm not going to be the least bit upset if they don't win another game.  

I'll point to the Steelers who have been a treadmill team for quite a while now. You think the Steelers wouldn't of been better off tanking one of those years for a franchise QB?  We are lucky their coach is so good that he constantly has them as a non-contender but not fireable.

Completely agree with you.

This team is better off drafting in the Top 10 next year than winning 2 more games and drafting in the 20's.  

This team needs an infusion of talent, and drafting higher helps that.  

With the way our OL, Running Game, and Defense have played all year, it'll be a miracle if they do win the game.  

However, it wouldn't shock me if they win 1 more game. 
Reply/Quote
I'm betting everything in my pocket including pocket lint on Jake having the fastest ever rise ever from obscurity to league MVP and a super bowl win.. I have exactly $1 in my pocket and a whole lot of lint.. I can afford to lose both..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Two games max that we are going to win, 7 and 10

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 11:54 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: How many games should we win with a backup QB that’s got zero experience in the NFL? Based on what you’ve seen out of the defense and offense so far this season? We have 7 games left.

Zero. Couldn't care less. Just want key playwrs to finish season healthy to start again next year.
Reply/Quote
Not bashing Browning, I don't think any back up would fare well against the schedule we have left.

Four of our remaining seven games are against teams in the top 7 in scoring defense.

Indianapolis is the only remaining opponent that is not in the top half of the league in scoring defense, but they have top 10 scoring offense.

I could easily see a 0-7 finish.
Reply/Quote
Zac haters look on the bright side:

If we do well the remainder of the season you can say how clueless Zac was not starting Browning to start the season when JB was hurt.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-18-2023, 01:47 PM)jason Wrote: Zero... We'll get one win if we're extremely lucky. Can't run the ball, can't stop the run, and we give up explosive plays left and right.

You must be feeling better
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote