Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What’s your number ?
(11-23-2023, 03:50 PM)grampahol Wrote: I'm betting everything in my pocket including pocket lint on Jake having the fastest ever rise ever from obscurity to league MVP and a super bowl win.. I have exactly $1 in my pocket and a whole lot of lint.. I can afford to lose both..

Should have stepped up to the plate lol
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(11-18-2023, 02:45 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I think we win 1 game. Never want us to lose but always having one of the last picks in all the rounds sure takes your 
chances of getting a crazy talent much less. Secretly hoping we don't win another game so we can get a player like Brock
Bowers have to say.

You’re safe
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(12-07-2023, 07:03 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: You’re safe

Now I think we win a couple more lol

Need to see back to back games with Browning playing something like that, but he shown that he is capable of winning Monday.

We could actually sneak into the Playoffs if Browning plays close to that the rest of the season. Our Defense was much better slowing
down the run and we tackled much better as well. The young players should continue to get better and Chido getting healthy should 
also get better. This was the game I had to see from Browning to believe, the stoolers game wasn't cutting it.
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2023, 08:00 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Now I think we win a couple more lol

Need to see back to back games with Browning playing something like that, but he shown that he is capable of winning Monday.

We could actually sneak into the Playoffs if Browning plays close to that the rest of the season. Our Defense was much better slowing
down the run and we tackled much better as well. The young players should continue to get better and Chido getting healthy should 
also get better. This was the game I had to see from Browning to believe, the stoolers game wasn't cutting it.

Great system QB

Reply/Quote
(12-07-2023, 06:59 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: You must be feeling better

Excellent job coach... On the road and everything.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Jake should have looked straight into the camera and said to all the tankers out there,  "Stick it up your ass!"  Cool
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2023, 01:38 PM)Sled21 Wrote: While fans might be ready to pack it in, I guarantee no one on the Bengals is.

No doubt

Reply/Quote
Anybody have 3 with 3 to go?

Reply/Quote
I didn't think we would win any so it's definitely an awesome (can't even say pleasant) surprise. After the Steelers game I thought for sure Taylor would be bull headed with his scheme, but he's changed it a lot. Yeah the plays that he's been calling has been "in the playbook" and has been practice, but that doesn't mean that their scheme really relied heavily on under center/screen plays. I thought that we left some points on the field with stuff like the Jones overthrow, but can't expect a ton with a backup. I'm glad we went for it though, because now teams know they have to defend that. I'm really liking how we're getting the TE involved finally too. Hopefully we'll be able to keep trucking on offense the rest of the year.
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2023, 06:48 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: I didn't think we would win any so it's definitely an awesome (can't even say pleasant) surprise. After the Steelers game I thought for sure Taylor would be bull headed with his scheme, but he's changed it a lot. Yeah the plays that he's been calling has been "in the playbook" and has been practice, but that doesn't mean that their scheme really relied heavily on under center/screen plays. I thought that we left some points on the field with stuff like the Jones overthrow, but can't expect a ton with a backup. I'm glad we went for it though, because now teams know they have to defend that. I'm really liking how we're getting the TE involved finally too. Hopefully we'll be able to keep trucking on offense the rest of the year.

21 straight points with a backup QB on a defense that hasn’t given up a TD the last 2 games is darn impressive. That’s called tremendous in game adjustments

Reply/Quote
(12-16-2023, 06:54 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: 21 straight points with a backup QB on a defense that hasn’t given up a TD the last 2 games is darn impressive. That’s called tremendous in game adjustments
Three TDs on the Vikings in the 4th quarter and each one was essential. 

This game and the Jacksonville game were EXTREMELY exciting wins. This game had the comebacks and the 3rd and inches and 4th and inches stops. And massive pressure on the team, given that they couldn't afford to lose any of the last three games. I hope that no Bengals fans were actually rooting for losses for the sake of draft picks, because if so, they would have missed the enjoyment of two thrilling games. This and the Jacksonville game made my season. Let's hope they can continue.
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2023, 06:48 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: I didn't think we would win any so it's definitely an awesome (can't even say pleasant) surprise. After the Steelers game I thought for sure Taylor would be bull headed with his scheme, but he's changed it a lot. Yeah the plays that he's been calling has been "in the playbook" and has been practice, but that doesn't mean that their scheme really relied heavily on under center/screen plays. I thought that we left some points on the field with stuff like the Jones overthrow, but can't expect a ton with a backup. I'm glad we went for it though, because now teams know they have to defend that. I'm really liking how we're getting the TE involved finally too. Hopefully we'll be able to keep trucking on offense the rest of the year.

I think you realize now to some degree Joe disdains under center and pushes the ball to Chase and Tee like he did at LSU to Chase and Jefferson.

Reply/Quote
(12-16-2023, 07:25 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: I think you realize now to some degree Joe disdains under center and pushes the ball to Chase and Tee like he did at LSU to Chase and Jefferson.

Yeah I haven't seen anything of him saying that, and I know that Zac is the HC and likes to call plays. The buck stops with the HC not the QB. If you're the HC you need to explain your plan and have it executed. Can't have your players undermine you and their success 
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2023, 07:34 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Yeah I haven't seen anything of him saying that, and I know that Zac is the HC and likes to call plays. The buck stops with the HC not the QB. If you're the HC you need to explain your plan and have it executed. Can't have your players undermine you and their success 

Paul Dehner said it and it’s common knowledge around there. It’s a fine line appeasing your franchise 70 million a year QB and what’s best.

Reply/Quote
(12-16-2023, 07:38 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Paul Dehner said it and it’s common knowledge around there. It’s a fine line appeasing your franchise 70 million a year QB and what’s best.

I still haven't seen that it's been said. Just a lot of talk on this board. Burrow probably cares more about winning than playing in shotgun, and if it's true that he's refusing to play under center then the offense success should be a wakeup call for him. The OC and HC have the final say, so it's kinda crazy that the narrative is that it's Joe's fault and not the playcallers for the play calls.
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2023, 07:49 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: I still haven't seen that it's been said. Just a lot of talk on this board. Burrow probably cares more about winning than playing in shotgun, and if it's true that he's refusing to play under center then the offense success should be a wakeup call for him. The OC and HC have the final say, so it's kinda crazy that the narrative is that it's Joe's fault and not the playcallers for the play calls.

Paul Dehner said it . He’s with the Athletic. Just this week. Here’s his quote from Tuesday. Hope this helps I’ll try to find others as it’s common knowledge. Paul “ Burrow didn’t love under-center plays. Turning his back to the defense didn’t fit his processing superpower as well as shotgun. He preferred to stand back, survey the field, dissect and rip completions.” And his article Tuesday and I posted excerpts is in direct contrast to a lot of your thoughts on the offense

Reply/Quote
(12-16-2023, 07:49 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: I still haven't seen that it's been said. Just a lot of talk on this board. Burrow probably cares more about winning than playing in shotgun, and if it's true that he's refusing to play under center then the offense success should be a wakeup call for him. The OC and HC have the final say, so it's kinda crazy that the narrative is that it's Joe's fault and not the playcallers for the play calls.

Hope this helps
http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-The-Offense%E2%80%A6-what%E2%80%99s-changed-%E2%80%A6-Zac

Reply/Quote
I for one was on the tank train. Did not think Zac/Browning would be able to do what they have done so glad I was wrong!

Looking forward to hopefully eating a lot of crow for the holidays.
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2023, 08:00 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Hope this helps
http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-The-Offense%E2%80%A6-what%E2%80%99s-changed-%E2%80%A6-Zac

The coaches need to do their job and take back control of the team. It's ok to lean into what your QB likes, but it's another to limit your scheme because of their preferences. Burrow still plays really well under center, and every time there's a lot of under center plays we always look our best.
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2023, 08:30 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: The coaches need to do their job and take back control of the team. It's ok to lean into what your QB likes, but it's another to limit your scheme because of their preferences. Burrow still plays really well under center, and every time there's a lot of under center plays we always look our best.

I think they are doing pretty good. Vegas predicted 11 wins with I’d assume a healthy Burrow. He was not close to 100% the first 3 games and missed 4. They are 8-6. Zac has proven that his first 2 years were because of a crap roster. With back to back AFC title games (1 title) and SB game and this w/o Burrow that the mantra Burrow was carrying him is in the rear view mirror.

Reply/Quote