Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What 13 year old boy wouldn't?
(06-08-2016, 03:10 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Ok.

So what was the right word?

Still has nothing to do with the person committing the rape.

See, people like you post things like that and expect me to just roll over or think that everyone else will jump on board with you before I can defend myself, but then you have no answer when called out.

I was commenting on the differences between a woman being convicted of statutory rape and a man being convicted of the same thing and how they'd be treated in jail.

It was relevant.

When people post lies and just complete false information, it makes me mad because then other people jump on it and it becomes a firing range with people acting like they're geniuses and great comics.  It's annoying.

I have no problems with people making comments until they make it personal, especially when I just got suspended for the same thing.  I consider people making things up and claiming I say things that I don't as making it personal, especially when they only do it because they think that they can given my history.

I don't hate unless hated on.

You said had a guy had sex with a female student he'd get ass raped (your words on page 1 in plain black and white).

Then you posted something about people having nothing better to do - I assumed you meant inmates.

I simply pointed out that rape in prison isn't done because someone got bored. It's done pretty much for the same reason it's done on the outside - to establish dominance. Or send a message of said dominance.

It wasn't an attack on you. It wasn't even an attack on your post. It was simply an addition and/or clarification on the subject you brought up.

So once again - chill out. Not everything I say is an attack.

****'s sake.

Edit: extrapolate wasn't the correct word per sé - that depends on how you define it.
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
(06-08-2016, 04:07 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: You said had a guy had sex with a female student he'd get ass raped (your words on page 1 in plain black and white).

Then you posted something about people having nothing better to do - I assumed you meant inmates.

I simply pointed out that rape in prison isn't done because someone got bored. It's done pretty much for the same reason it's done on the outside - to establish dominance. Or send a message of said dominance.

It wasn't an attack on you. It wasn't even an attack on your post. It was simply an addition and/or clarification on the subject you brought up.

So once again - chill out. Not everything I say is an attack.

****'s sake.

Edit: extrapolate wasn't the correct word per sé - that depends on how you define it.

I know where the problem lies within this conversation, other than his obvious over reaction and lack of ability to communicate.  Would you like me to show you?
[Image: m6moCD1.png]

Reply/Quote
(06-08-2016, 04:29 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: I know where the problem lies within this conversation, other than his obvious over reaction and lack of ability to communicate.  Would you like me to show you?

Is it going to cause a big scene where I get punished for saying yes?
Unhallowed, be thy name
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
(06-08-2016, 04:39 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Is it going to cause a big scene where I get punished for saying yes?

no not at all.  Just thought you'd like to know exactly why the conversation when all haywire outside of the typical issues with discussing things with him.  I do know exactly where the issue is however....sooooooo

Reply/Quote
(06-08-2016, 04:45 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: no not at all.  Just thought you'd like to know exactly why the conversation when all haywire outside of the typical issues with discussing things with him.  I do know exactly where the issue is however....sooooooo

I'm steering back to the topic discussed.

She's hot. Good for him. Societal double standards suck. I'm done.
Unhallowed, be thy name
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
(06-08-2016, 04:54 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: I'm steering back to the topic discussed.

She's hot. Good for him. Societal double standards suck. I'm done.

So I take it you don't wan to know where and why the rails came off.  Fair enough.

Reply/Quote
(06-08-2016, 04:59 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: So I take it you don't wan to know where and why the rails came off.  Fair enough.

I've already caught flak for taking a thread off it's rails. And I'm sure you noticed - I've been put on notice for causing disputes. I'd rather play it safe and try my hand at being a stand up citizen than indulge my curiosity at this point.
Unhallowed, be thy name
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
(06-08-2016, 05:04 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: I've already caught flak for taking a thread off it's rails. And I'm sure you noticed - I've been put on notice for causing disputes. I'd rather play it safe and try my hand at being a stand up citizen than indulge my curiosity at this point.

PM then?

Reply/Quote
I'm the last one Fritzy would think would chime in on his defense, but I think what he was trying to convey, was that if you are in prison, and are consumed with boredom, being raped once, even if only once in a while, seems like you are constantly being raped. Living in fear and all. Like the next time it happens, seemed like it just happened.
Reply/Quote
(06-08-2016, 10:57 PM)Harmening Wrote: I'm the last one Fritzy would think would chime in on his defense, but I think what he was trying to convey, was that if you are in prison, and are consumed with boredom, being raped once, even if only once in a while, seems like you are constantly being raped. Living in fear and all. Like the next time it happens, seemed like it just happened.

Yeah that's what SCS said, too.

My mistake.
Unhallowed, be thy name
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
(06-08-2016, 11:05 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Yeah that's what SCS said, too.

My mistake.

Tried to rep, but couldn't. 
ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(06-08-2016, 11:06 PM)Harmening Wrote: Tried to rep, but couldn't. 
ThumbsUp

I appreciate the thought.
Unhallowed, be thy name
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
(06-06-2016, 03:43 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: What does any of this have to do with the price of tea in China?   It's obvious you think anyone is dense if they believe in God.   Which has zero to do with home schooling.    

Home schoolers routinely score higher on standardized tests and are able to test out of many more classes than government schooled children.  

http://icher.org/faq.html

Quote:Evidence regarding this question has been fraught with controversy because most of the studies that have received widest attention have been interpreted to say something they do not and cannot. We simply can’t draw any conclusions about the academic performance of the “average homeschooler,” because none of the studies so often cited employ random samples representing the full range of homeschoolers.

For example, two large U.S. studies (Rudner, 1999; Ray, 2009) are frequently cited as definitive evidence that homeschoolers academically outperform public and private school students. But in both cases, the homeschool participants were volunteers responding to an invitation by the nation’s most prominent advocacy organization to contribute test scores (on tests usually administered by parents in the child’s own home). The demographics of these samples were far whiter, more religious, more married, better educated, and wealthier than national averages. And yet these test score results were compared to average public school scores that included children from all income levels and family backgrounds. Not surprisingly, wealthy homeschoolers from stable two-parent families who take tests administered by their parents in the comfort of their own homes outscore the average public school child by large margins.

The simple fact is that no studies of academic achievement exist that draw from a representative, nationwide sample of homeschoolers and control for background variables like socio-economic or marital status. It is thus impossible to say whether or not homeschooling as such has any impact on the sort of academic achievement measured by standardized tests.

Cliffs Notes in bold.
Reply/Quote
(06-08-2016, 01:32 PM)fredtoast Wrote: It also depends on who has the resources to homeschool.

Plus some homeschooling is a crapshoot.  Do you honestly believe every single parent is qualified to teach school?

Given all the options in the Internet.   Yes.    
Reply/Quote
(06-08-2016, 11:50 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: http://icher.org/faq.html

Cliffs Notes in bold.

One on one instruction plus when your teacher has a vested interest in your success that is the reciepe for success.   

Those two factors alone make home schooling Better than public education.  Unless you think it's better to learn in a massive group wth a teacher who isn't vested in your success.   
Reply/Quote
(06-02-2016, 01:21 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Women raping men and/or pre-pubescent boys and prisoners being raped are both super awesome funny things according to our culture.  I recall an Axe body spray commercial where a guy sprays it on and a bunch of sexy women tackle him and attempt to gang rape him.  It's quite interesting that a man's greatest fantasy is pretty much a woman's greatest nightmare.  Er, unless women like to be raped, too.  I guess it seems cool as long as the rapists are hot and aren't like, using strapons or something.  God forbid we equate rape with something we DON"T want!

I'm sure there are 13 year old girls out there who would feel pretty lucky if an attractive 24 year old man got all sexual with her.

Is this boy lucky?  I mean, the teacher is attractive, but she's got to be a nutbag.  Haven't we all, regardless of our age, gotten down and dirty with a woman who was legit nuts and lived to regret it a bit?  Oooooh lord, I know I have.

OH and also, where I went to school it was pretty well known that a number of male teachers and even a few female ones had sexual contact with students.  God, I shoulda been so lucky!  Eep.

This ^ brings the rational human beings posting in this thread count to one. Thanks for being a counterweight to all the ignorance.
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
Reply/Quote
(06-09-2016, 03:20 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: One on one instruction plus when your teacher has a vested interest in your success that is the reciepe for success.   

Those two factors alone make home schooling Better than public education.  Unless you think it's better to learn in a massive group wth a teacher who isn't vested in your success.   

But a vested interest and one-on-one instruction don't mean anything if the parent is not qualified to teach.  So if the parent is not qualified the child would be better off not being home schooled.

I agree home schooling is the best option when the parents are qualified, but in my opinion a large percentage of parents just are not qualified to teach.
Reply/Quote
(06-09-2016, 03:14 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Given all the options in the Internet.   Yes.    

Seriously?

The internet has made a lot of people dumber instead of smarter.
Reply/Quote
(06-09-2016, 03:20 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: One on one instruction plus when your teacher has a vested interest in your success that is the reciepe for success.   

Those two factors alone make home schooling Better than public education.
 Unless you think it's better to learn in a massive group wth a teacher who isn't vested in your success.   

In your opinion.  Regardless, it doesn't change the fact your initial claim is unsupported by objective data, i.e. bullshit.  If homeschooling is  so obviously advantageous to the child's education then why aren't you yourself taking advantage of homeschooling your children?  You're not vested enough in your child's education?

Unlike you, I'm not claiming homeschooling is superior to public or private schools.  Or vice versa.  I'm just pointing out objective data doesn't support your opinion.  I'm sure there are pros and cons to every system.  It's up to individuals to exercise their free will to make a decision which is right for them.  (How very Libertarian of me.)  All of my daughter's teachers have been genuinely concerned with her success which is an indicator of their level of professionalism.  As a self professed former educator, I find it telling you seem to believe all teachers are in teaching for a paycheck and don't seem to care about their students.  In my experience, I find the exact opposite to be true.  But, then again, my experience is based upon actual experience and not a fantasy which only exists inside my mind played out on an internet message board.

Additionally, you have derailed this thread with your unsupported opinions about homeschooling masqueraded as fact.  Please stay on topic.  If you want to discuss home schooling then make a thread about home schooling.
Reply/Quote
(06-09-2016, 10:30 AM)fredtoast Wrote: But a vested interest and one-on-one instruction don't mean anything if the parent is not qualified to teach.  So if the parent is not qualified the child would be better off not being home schooled.

I agree home schooling is the best option when the parents are qualified, but in my opinion a large percentage of parents just are not qualified to teach.

How hard is it to follow a lesson plan?   It takes a little organization.   

Most of teacher training is learning classroom management.   
Reply/Quote