Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
What Are Burrow's MVP Chances?
Currently, Burrow's ranked 6th for MVP voting and I think that's because of such a slow start, but will the voters take into consideration that Burrow was injured at the start and has been destroying the league since then?

What will it take for Burrow to win?

Do we need to win out?

Do we need to just make the playoffs?

Does Burrow need to have an amazing rest of the year?

Does he have any realistic chance? What needs to happen?
Reply/Quote
Not great I would say. You just can't have so many bad games no matter what the reason is.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Better every week if he continues as he is....
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2023, 06:17 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Currently, Burrow's ranked 6th for MVP voting and I think that's because of such a slow start, but will the voters take into consideration that Burrow was injured at the start and has been destroying the league since then?

What will it take for Burrow to win?

Do we need to win out?

Do we need to just make the playoffs?

Does Burrow need to have an amazing rest of the year?

Does he have any realistic chance? What needs to happen?

Who is ranked 1-5, Brad?
Reply/Quote
+900 this week and getting better and better as the weeks go on...
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
There is a lot of football left to play

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(11-06-2023, 06:19 PM)Stewy Wrote: Better every week if he continues as he is....

Yep. Weirdly, I think how bad the O was with the calf may end up helping him with how good he/we have been since. 

From NFL.com: 

NFL Research: Joe Burrow leads the NFL since Week 5 with a 4-0 record, 75.8 completion percentage, 10 passing touchdowns and an 111.2 passer rating (minimum three starts).

https://www.nfl.com/news/2023-nfl-season-week-9-what-we-learned-from-sunday-s-games

Oh, and those last 4 weeks? Burrow joins Peyton Manning as the only QBs to complete over 75% of their passes and 10 TDs (min 150 att) over a 4 game span. 

https://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/bengals_joe_burrow_is_only_qb_besides_peyton_manning_to_do_this/s1_17150_39494451

And really, I'd say he wasn't fully healthy vs Arizona or Seattle. Making this all the more incredible. Now  he'll have to keep it up. And we'll likely have to beat Baltimore, Jacksonville, and KC to secure it. But I think it is doable if we are the #1 seed. 
Reply/Quote
while a great reward... MVP isnt the end game... but if he plays at that level the rest of the season it will depend on other falling off
Reply/Quote
A lot of football left to play and he is trending upwards with every game. I really hate the slow starts to the season for not just team record, but individual stuff like MVP and OPOY / DPOY. It's tough to get those accolades when you start the year out slowly / poorly rather than hitting the ground running. I hope he continues to climb in the conversation, but it's going to take a LOT to pass up guys like Mahomes, who hit the ground running and are ahead of him with no real "let down" in sight.
Reply/Quote
He'd have to go on an absolute rampage and honestly it's tough to do considering the schedule. If he manages though you'd have to like his chances it would be a great narrative of how he came back from injury to lead the 1-3 Bengals to a 2-3 seed.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
Zero if the Texans sneak into the playoffs, because CJ Stroud will run away with it, but they need a winning record first.

I think right now the Top-5 (in my mind, not betting odds) is probably some order of Jalen Hurts, Jared Goff, Christian McCaffrey, Tyreek Hill, and AJ Brown.

Tua needs to stop vanishing against winning teams if he wants consideration, otherwise he would probably be in there instead.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
1) Patrick Mahomes +275
2) Jalen Hurts +300
3) Lamar Jackson +400
4) Tua Tagovailoa +600
5) Joe Burrow +900

If he keeps up the streak of being a badass and the others falter, I don’t think it’s as outlandish as some others seem to. Mahomes, Hurts, and Lamar need some bad games. Hopefully our D can help Burrow’s chances.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
The thing that is keeping him in the race is that the people who looked like the class of the season early have struggled recently. Tua and Mahomes are not lighting up defenses and Allen has stalled hard. I think Jackson is having a really good year and he is probably in the lead at the moment, but he has had a few stinkers as well.

If Burrow continues on the pace he has made the last 2 games, I think he comfortably wins the MVP.
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2023, 06:22 PM)Nepa Wrote: Who is ranked 1-5, Brad?
1 Mahomes (complete joke)
2 Hurts
3 Lamar
4 Tua (joke)
5 Burrow
(11-06-2023, 08:05 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: The thing that is keeping him in the race is that the people who looked like the class of the season early have struggled recently. Tua and Mahomes are not lighting up defenses and Allen has stalled hard. I think Jackson is having a really good year and he is probably in the lead at the moment, but he has had a few stinkers as well.

If Burrow continues on the pace he has made the last 2 games, I think he comfortably wins the MVP.

Hurts is ahead of him and I think he'll finish ahead of Lamar.
Reply/Quote
Jalen Hurts is probably the leader. Tyreek Hill could be a dark horse if he breaks 2k receiving yards.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Idk about the odds, but without a healthy Joe Burrow we were getting blown out by teams like the Tennessee Titans. With a healthy Joe Burrow we’re back to beating some of the best teams in the league, and legit Super Bowl contenders.

He might not have the numbers to win it due to the slow start, but that’s the definition of an MVP. And he should absolutely be in the conversation.

Reply/Quote
Got 9 games to close the gap. A lot can happen in that time frame.
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2023, 08:58 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Idk about the odds, but without a healthy Joe Burrow we were getting blown out by teams like the Tennessee Titans. With a healthy Joe Burrow we’re back to beating some of the best teams in the league, and legit Super Bowl contenders.

He might not have the numbers to win it due to the slow start, but that’s the definition of an MVP. And he should absolutely be in the conversation.
Exactly and I think we're an easy team to love, especially with new fans.

Being in Cinci though, I think he's going to have to absolutely kill it down the stretch and, even so, we'd also need Lamar and Hurts to slip up.
(11-06-2023, 09:01 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Got 9 games to close the gap. A lot can happen in that time frame.

Yep, especially if Burrow keeps improving and we keep winning.
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2023, 06:32 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: while a great reward... MVP isnt the end game... but if he plays at that level the rest of the season it will depend on other falling off

(11-06-2023, 07:37 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: 1) Patrick Mahomes +275
2) Jalen Hurts +300
3) Lamar Jackson +400
4) Tua Tagovailoa +600
5) Joe Burrow +900

If he keeps up the streak of being a badass and the others falter, I don’t think it’s as outlandish as some others seem to. Mahomes, Hurts, and Lamar need some bad games. Hopefully our D can help Burrow’s chances.

Even if he keeps up the pace over the last 4 games, he finishes with around 34 touchdowns and 4,400 yards. Almost a duplicate of last year. He needs a few 400 & 4 games or it’s just not very realistic.
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2023, 09:01 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Got 9 games to close the gap. A lot can happen in that time frame.

It’s a big gap.
Reply/Quote