Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
What Percentage of BLM Protestors Know What They're Protesting?
(07-16-2016, 02:29 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Having the freedom to do it doesn't make it smart or right, especially if you're doing it just to do it, which is why I asked the questions.

You have zero proof that any of them are doing it "just to do it".

The fact that they do not want to cooperate with the oppositions propoganda program does not mean they are doing it "just to do it".
(07-16-2016, 11:35 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Part of being American is the freedom to be as loud as you want without knowing what the hell you are talking about, or even caring IF you know.

So long as your enjoyment of your freedoms don't interfere with others rights, like say enjoy their right to peaceful enjoyment, or people's right to move about as they wish.  Sure, everyone has a right to protest, but there is nothing guaranteeing your right to be heard.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(07-16-2016, 02:55 PM)fredtoast Wrote: You have zero proof that any of them are doing it "just to do it".

The fact that they do not want to cooperate with the oppositions propoganda program does not mean they are doing it "just to do it".

Who said the reporter was from the opposition?

Who said the news station was trying to make it a propaganda piece against BLM?

You have zero proof that they knew anything about what they were protesting for.  In fact, the opposite seems true.

Impossible to debate with you because you avoid addressing points and throw out your typical rhetoric.  
(07-16-2016, 02:55 PM)fredtoast Wrote: You have zero proof that any of them are doing it "just to do it".

I think the "opposition" could not have asked for any better cooperation for their "propaganda". Non-compliance would have to been respectful and articulate. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(07-16-2016, 08:14 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Who said the reporter was from the opposition?

Who said the news station was trying to make it a propaganda piece against BLM?

You have zero proof that they knew anything about what they were protesting for.  In fact, the opposite seems true.

Impossible to debate with you because you avoid addressing points and throw out your typical rhetoric.  

A news reporter who doesn't do their due diligence to find a protester who can articulate what they are demonstrating for may as well be doing a propaganda piece against BLM. It's like how the national sports media portrayed us as all bottle throwing jackasses because some shitheads take a game too seriously.

If they are protesting a systematic disregard for black lives, then I don't think it's unreasonable to believe that the mainstream media is in opposition to their cause. They believe this has been going on for many years while the media has stayed quiet. Now that people are capturing footage on phones, it is being brought to the forefront... I think that's all fred is saying, but I can't speak for him.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
(07-16-2016, 09:03 PM)jason Wrote: A news reporter who doesn't do their due diligence to find a protester who can articulate what they are demonstrating for may as well be doing a propaganda piece against BLM. It's like how the national sports media portrayed us as all bottle throwing jackasses because some shitheads take a game too seriously.

If they are protesting a systematic disregard for black lives, then I don't think it's unreasonable to believe that the mainstream media is in opposition to their cause. They believe this has been going on for many years while the media has stayed quiet. Now that people are capturing footage on phones, it is being brought to the forefront... I think that's all fred is saying, but I can't speak for him.

Like I said, who's to say that those weren't the majority of protestors?

Who's to say that they didn't try?

Looks like there were lots of people around that could have stepped in on any one of the examples.
(07-16-2016, 09:03 PM)jason Wrote: If they are protesting a systematic disregard for black lives, then I don't think it's unreasonable to believe that the mainstream media is in opposition to their cause. They believe this has been going on for many years while the media has stayed quiet. Now that people are capturing footage on phones, it is being brought to the forefront... I think that's all fred is saying, but I can't speak for him.

How can you say that they were in opposition when he was just trying to figure out what they were protesting for?

Fred's just throwing out his horrible rhetoric.  

If they're protesting something, they couldn't have asked for anything better to happen than for someone to put a camera in front of them.

bfine is right on the money.
(07-16-2016, 09:56 AM)fredtoast Wrote: You are not stating the facts properly.

The study shows that per percentage of people stopped whites are more likely to get shot, but blacks are more likely to get stopped in the first place.

The same reports prove that police use more violence against blacks than whites.  Thanks for the link

Moreover, the results do not mean that the general public’s perception of racism in policing is misguided. 

Do you agree with these findings Brownshoe?

I have no reason to think that the study is wrong. Why do you think blacks are more likely to be stopped in the first place? Could it possibly be that they commit more crime per capita? The study also shows that white people are more likely to get the baton or pepper sprayed when complying with police.

What does perception have to do with anything? Perception and reality are two different things.
(07-17-2016, 12:01 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: I have no reason to think that the study is wrong. Why do you think blacks are more likely to be stopped in the first place? Could it possibly be that they commit more crime per capita?

They don't per capita. They commit more violent crimes but not more crimes.
And even if they did the color of someone's skin shouldn't be a factor period.
[Image: Defensewcm.gif]
Pretty sure most are there because they think racist cops are more likely to shoot blacks.....which according to Fox News, and actual data, is bullshit.

So.....
--------------------------------------------------------

(07-17-2016, 02:07 AM)Bmoreblitz Wrote: They don't per capita. They commit more violent crimes but not more crimes.
And even if they did the color of someone's skin shouldn't be a factor period.

They do per capita. Just because they don't commit every type of crime disproportionately doesn't mean that they don't commit crime disproportionately.

The color of their skin isn't a factor in it. Its the fact that they're committing more crimes per capita and because of that they are in contact with the police more.
If you use facts, figures, examples to refute anything BLM claims you are a racist.

(07-17-2016, 03:06 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: Just because they don't commit every type of crime disproportionately doesn't mean that they don't commit crime disproportionately.

That doesn't even make sense. Crime is crime.
(07-17-2016, 08:24 AM)Bmoreblitz Wrote: That doesn't even make sense. Crime is crime.

You said that "They commit more violent crimes but not more crimes". The last time I seen a list for total crimes black people were 28% of all crime. So, they do commit more crimes per capita.
Ah, the magic of biased "news reporting" where anyone with a microphone, a camera, and editing software can fool rubes into thinking their side has good ammunition.

I don't need to watch anything to know that what has occurred to create this question is using selective sampling and then editing to create the illusion of more than a slim minority of the group being dumb asses. It's a common tactic with these. We saw it with the TEA Party rallies where the media made the crowd look like dumb hicks.

Then, of course, you have the pundits that selectively sample videos from wherever they can and show snippets of them to do the exact same thing. Doubling down on the confirmation bias.

Any time you see something like this, any time at all, just take it with a salt cellar full of salt because it is likely to be intentionally biased. Especially from a media source that is known to have biases.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(07-17-2016, 08:56 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: You said that "They commit more violent crimes but not more crimes". The last time I seen a list for total crimes black people were 28% of all crime. So, they do commit more crimes per capita.

Please cite where you "read".

Looks like the stats you keep trying to claim are "violent"crimes that most cites use as their stay. Yes blacks do commit more "violent" crimes.

FBI data shows whites are racking up more rapes, aggravated assaults, robberies, larceny, vandalism...  
(07-17-2016, 09:22 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: Ah, the magic of biased "news reporting" where anyone with a microphone, a camera, and editing software can fool rubes into thinking their side has good ammunition.

I don't need to watch anything to know that what has occurred to create this question is using selective sampling and then editing to create the illusion of more than a slim minority of the group being dumb asses. It's a common tactic with these. We saw it with the TEA Party rallies where the media made the crowd look like dumb hicks.

Then, of course, you have the pundits that selectively sample videos from wherever they can and show snippets of them to do the exact same thing. Doubling down on the confirmation bias.

Any time you see something like this, any time at all, just take it with a salt cellar full of salt because it is likely to be intentionally biased. Especially from a media source that is known to have biases.

Kind of like the old saying about statistics can be manipulated to show whatever the presenter wants them to show.  The same goes with video and selective editing, only easier..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(07-17-2016, 09:27 AM)Bmoreblitz Wrote: Please cite where you "read".

Looks like the stats you keep trying to claim are "violent"crimes that most cites use as their stay. Yes blacks do commit more "violent" crimes.

FBI data shows whites are racking up more rapes, aggravated assaults, robberies, larceny, vandalism...  

FBI data show that blacks commit more rapes, aggravated assaults, robberies, ect, ect per capita.

https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s/2014/crime-in-the-u.s.-2014/tables/table-43

Black population ~16%

Total crime committed by the black population 28%. The only thing on that list that's not disproportionat to their population is DUIs.
(07-17-2016, 10:23 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: FBI data show that blacks commit more rapes, aggravated assaults, robberies, ect, ect per capita.

https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s/2014/crime-in-the-u.s.-2014/tables/table-43

Black population ~16%

Total crime committed by the black population 28%. The only thing on that list that's not disproportionat to their population is DUIs.

I know this is very much a semantics thing, and I really don't care about the back and forth you are involved in, but these numbers are the numbers of arrested and charged and do not represent the number of actual crimes committed. Mostly because that number is impossible to calculate because crimes are committed regularly without anyone being charged or arrested. It also does not take into account those found guilty v. those acquitted.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(07-17-2016, 10:23 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: FBI data show that blacks commit more rapes, aggravated assaults, robberies, ect, ect per capita.

Black population ~16%

...and compare that to the demographic that kills LEOs:

https://ucr.fbi.gov/leoka/2014/tables/table_47_leos_fk_race_and_sex_of_known_offender_2005-2014.xls

From 2005-2014 563 were identified as killing LEOs.  40% of those identified were black.

Given this and other data provided; it is obvious that the problem lies with the LEOs. When folks are brave enough to talk about what could very well be the real problem, then we can work toward a solution. Outside of that we will just enable folks in there quest to be considered the victim.  

(07-17-2016, 10:39 AM)bfine32 Wrote: ...and compare that to the demographic that kills LEOs:

https://ucr.fbi.gov/leoka/2014/tables/table_47_leos_fk_race_and_sex_of_known_offender_2005-2014.xls

From 2005-2014 563 were identified as killing LEOs.  40% of those identified were black.

Given this and other data provided; it is obvious that the problem lies with the LEOs. When folks are brave enough to talk about what could very well be the real problem, then we can work toward a solution. Outside of that we will just enable folks in there quest to be considered the victim.  

I wonder what percentage of total interactions are between cops and blacks vs cops and white. 

Given the profiling that goes on.

Someone who can carry on a discussion without refusing to respond might be able to answer that question.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.