• 5 Vote(s) - 4.2 Average
What Would La’el Collins Cost in Trade?
Collins visiting
https://twitter.com/mikegarafolo/status/1504582658017353728?s=21
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2022, 07:24 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: Reports says he is flying in tonight

Jeremy Rauch
@FOX19Jeremy
Source says OT La’el Collins is flying to Cincinnati tonight to visit with the #Bengals.

Big development.  

(
@MikeGarafolo
and
@RapSheet
first)
@fox19

How many fans can we get to the airport?

Reply/Quote
I gotta do it. Is he flying coach?
Reply/Quote
Collins would be the biggest (best) Outside FA signing on the offensive side of the ball I have ever seen… I think. Fwiw I’m 36.

I would have said ever, except reader and Hendrickson have proved to be incredible.

I guess maybe on par with Bobbie williams, Jon kitna (if you want to go that route, I don’t). Our biggest attempts were swings and misses Antonio Bryant and laverneous coles.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2022, 07:25 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Please be a 1st class ticket. Please be a first class ticket. 
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2022, 07:28 PM)casear2727 Wrote: How many fans can we get to the airport?

I don’t think it matters, I don’t think he leaves here without a deal. If he does, shame on the bengals.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2022, 07:30 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: I don’t think it matters, I don’t think he leaves here without a deal.  If he does, shame on the bengals.

Yes. I think there's a great chance it gets done.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2022, 07:31 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Yes. I think there's a great chance it gets done.

It is a match made in heaven. Prior history/connections LSU/Pollack and a need RT
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2022, 07:31 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Yes. I think there's a great chance it gets done.

I can make sure he doesn't leave, I can turn the restaurant and then something like from the Twilight zone.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(03-17-2022, 07:32 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: It is a match made in heaven.  Prior history/connections LSU/Pollack and a need RT

Yes. I just hope he doesn't have red flags. Curious Noone traded for him.
Reply/Quote
It turns out that our OL Coach, Frank Pollack, also spend three seasons with Collins in Dallas (2015-2017). If he thinks it is a good fit, then there's a real possibility here. Don't want to get my hopes too high, but it's probably too late now that I know he's coming for a visit.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2022, 07:34 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Yes. I just hope he doesn't have red flags. Curious Noone traded for him.

Dallas was holding out for much higher pick it seems....?

Reply/Quote
33 pages on this La'el Collins thread so far. If he saw this, he'd know how much we want him here in Cincinnati.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2022, 07:29 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: Collins would be the biggest (best) Outside FA signing on the offensive side of the ball I have ever seen… I think.  Fwiw I’m 36.

I would have said ever, except reader and Hendrickson have proved to be incredible.

I guess maybe on par with Bobbie williams, Jon kitna (if you want to go that route, I don’t).  Our biggest attempts were swings and misses Antonio Bryant and laverneous coles.

Good call, there is really no reason this kid should be on the market. It's going to be hard to figure the market value especially with teams able to clear space so easily.  This would be such a big deal, turning the worst right side of the line to possibly the best within a few days. 
Reply/Quote
I guess it's time to barricade the doors and refuse to let him leave until he signs the contract?
Reply/Quote
I'm going to be staking out Cincy Wendy's for a chance to talk Collins into signing here!
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2022, 07:38 PM)phil413 Wrote: Good call, there is really no reason this kid should be on the market. It's going to be hard to figure the market value especially with teams able to clear space so easily.  This would be such a big deal, turning the worst right side of the line to possibly the best within a few days. 

Best is questionable. I’d say, overall, they go from bottom 5 to somewhere in the 12-16 range… with upside. Huge improvement. Without shoring up RT or C, they may be closer to 16-20.
Reply/Quote
I'll go get a Collins jersey made if they pull this off.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2022, 07:38 PM)Nepa Wrote: 33 pages on this La'el Collins thread so far. If he saw this, he'd know how much we want him here in Cincinnati.

Or he would think me and couple others were psychos.... 

Reply/Quote
Here is the real question, will Burrow be dinner tonight with the rest of the brass? If yes, he is a bengal, if not… 50/50.
Reply/Quote