Player(s) {Who?}
Draft Picks {What Round(s)}
Other (List)
Pray Someone Good Gets Cut
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Would You Trade For O-Linemen?
We all know the season's success rests on the offensive line being able to protect Burrow and open holes for Mixon, but mainly protect Burrow.

The question is, if our front office was to make a move to bring in a lineman or two, what would be willing to trade to bring in a quality offensive lineman or two?

A current player?

Who do we have that we could trade and get decent value for?

Draft picks?

How many and what rounds would you be willing to give up for a quality lineman or two?

Knowing our front office, it's very highly unlikely, but I can dream, right?
Reply/Quote
Would trade draft pick preferably, yet would do player as well if necessary for the right O-lineman like a Mekhi Becton.

However do not see anybody willing to trade what I would consider the right O-lineman the Bengals need.

So praying for someone of worth to get cut, but voted draft pick.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
I went with draft picks, as that is how most trades go down these days. As for round? Depends on who the player is, and what their perceived value is.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I'd prefer a draft pick, but I'd trade Tyler Boyd to try to get somebody decent.  I'm not surprised at the narrative surrounding the team right now.  OL sucks still and Joe is skittish (I don't blame him).  Management gambled and lost last year, then came back to the table to play the same game this year.
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2021, 09:54 AM)2MinutesHate Wrote: I'd prefer a draft pick, but I'd trade Tyler Boyd to try to get somebody decent.  I'm not surprised at the narrative surrounding the team right now.  OL sucks still and Joe is skittish (I don't blame him).  Management gambled and lost last year, then came back to the table to play the same game this year.

You’d trade Boyd for a lineman? He better be a damn good lineman. Wth…

More realistic player trade would be Darius Phillips. Good player with starter experience, but with all the additions at cb isn’t as needed as in past years. He’s also had some issues with the coaching in the past and rumored to want out if not a starter. Auden Tate in a similar boat.

I’d rather not trade either of them. But those are the only guys who fit the description that other teams may have interest in IMO.
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2021, 10:37 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: You’d trade Boyd for a lineman? He better be a damn good lineman. Wth…

More realistic player trade would be Darius Phillips. Good player with starter experience, but with all the additions at cb isn’t as needed as in past years. He’s also had some issues with the coaching in the past and rumored to want out if not a starter. Auden Tate in a similar boat.

I’d rather not trade either of them. But those are the only guys who fit the description that other teams may have interest in IMO.

If you want a good offensive linemen you have to trade a good player. Darius Phillips and Auden Tate wouldn't be attracted enough for teams to even look at the 2nd string. You might be able to do Darius Phillips for say Patriots Yodny Cajuste...
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
A Klondike Bar
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2021, 10:37 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: You’d trade Boyd for a lineman? He better be a damn good lineman. Wth…

Brandon Scherff or Shaq Mason.  Both come from teams who are needy at WR.  Just going to get another Spain or XSF with at Tate/Phillips trade.  It's a lateral move.  You have be willing to give up something to get something good in return.
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
depends on the player being traded for

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
It appears our latest strategy is to become the LSU Bengals. Denver just drafted Quinn Meinerz and signed Brett Jones. It looks like they may be looking to replace 2020 3rd rounder Lloyd Cushionberry. They'd most likely take a 2022 3rd for him.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Trayeveon Williams, wren, Topu, Tate, Darius Phillips I think are guys that we can use for trades.
Reply/Quote
Chase? Ninja
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2021, 11:09 AM)bfine32 Wrote: It appears our latest strategy is to become the LSU Bengals. Denver just drafted Quinn Meinerz and signed Brett Jones. It looks like they may be looking to replace 2020 3rd rounder Lloyd Cushionberry. They'd most likely take a 2022 3rd for him.

I went with player (and the player I am thinking is the guy that seems to be too inconsistent and isn't in the best favor with the coaches, Darius Phillips) option, but this is very intriguing.

I might try and make it a conditional 3rd rounder/guaranteed 4th rounder, based on games played, to mitigate risk of injury and getting nothing but losing a pick.  

That being said, I don't think center is the position of need.  I want a RT, like Moses that we did not sign.  It is really too bad that Adeniji was injured as I thought he held up pretty well last season.  
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2021, 11:42 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I went with player (and the player I am thinking is the guy that seems to be too inconsistent and isn't in the best favor with the coaches, Darius Phillips) option, but this is very intriguing.

I might try and make it a conditional 3rd rounder/guaranteed 4th rounder, based on games played, to mitigate risk of injury and getting nothing but losing a pick.  

That being said, I don't think center is the position of need.  I want a RT, like Moses that we did not sign.  It is really too bad that Adeniji was injured as I thought he held up pretty well last season.  

Our RT may be our best olineman. It seems we are worried about C. Given who we've brought in recently. 

Reply/Quote
(08-07-2021, 11:39 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Chase? Ninja

Yeah... Start dialing that Detroit area code.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
This position is so essential right now for this team to succeed,that I would be willing to trade as much as a second round for a good Quality lineman.Maybe more.This needs to be done.Should have already happened.But,like you said,I doubt it happens.
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2021, 03:55 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: We all know the season's success rests on the offensive line being able to protect Burrow and open holes for Mixon, but mainly protect Burrow.

The question is, if our front office was to make a move to bring in a lineman or two, what would be willing to trade to bring in a quality offensive lineman or two?

A current player?  

Who do we have that we could trade and get decent value for?

Draft picks?  

How many and what rounds would you be willing to give up for a quality lineman or two?

Knowing our front office, it's very highly unlikely, but I can dream, right?

I am going with pray for someone good to get cut. I want to keep my Draft picks and our valuable players.

A good depth piece or even step in starter could be had after cuts.
Reply/Quote
I went with player, but no one on the Bengals would bring a big time lineman. They would need a backup QB who would be a hot commodity.

The issue w the Bengals line is that they refused/misjudged investing in proven veteran talent. They have no Bobby Williams or Clint Boling. They have no Anthony Collins or Evan Mathis... Hell, not even a Nate Livings.

BTW, XSF is considered a draft bust. So, for him to be the Bengals starter... if he beats out Jackson... is BRUTAL. The issue was never Sewell vs Chase.... It was Zeitler, XSF, Carman vs XSF, Carman, Price. And, with $20,000 still to spend, it is INSANITY that they didn't pay Zeitler... INSANITY.
Reply/Quote
I can't imagine any team at this point in the season trading a starting caliber O-line player. O-line is such an important position for all teams. You don't often hear that a team has a lot of quality competition going on for the starting positions on the O-line and they have too much depth at the position. So it makes me wonder what team would have someone they were even willing to trade at this point and why.

That kind of leaves a starting caliber player demanding a trade or a team trying to trade maybe an older player that they found a better replacement for from the draft or free agency. But I don't think there are going to be any trade talks of any time soon. Maybe once the season is a few weeks in. So I guess it would depend on the player.

Say a star guard demands a trade, a young healthy pro-bowl player then sure offer a 2022 first round pick and a 2nd. Well maybe. Do you really want a player that is demanding trades? Will that person be unhappy here?

The formula is so complicated really that it is hard to vote on what should be given as part of a trade. It depends too much on who, what teams are involved, and why. That said... If a great opportunity comes up and Tyler Boyd was part of a deal I think it should be seriously considered. He has been a key part of the team on offense especially when AJ had his problems. But now the Bengals have Higgins and supposedly the best WR from the 2021 draft in Chase. So if it meant the Bengals could dramatically improve the O-line and Boyd got traded I would have absolutely no problem with that. But I think player for player trades are rare so I don't see that happening either.

Last. And this will be a very unpopular opinion. Mixon should not be off the table either if we are talking about trades that may drastically improve the O-line should they come up. And and even more unpopular opinion... I say this because if the O-line does not get their shit together this season Mixon might start demanding a trade.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2021, 02:23 PM)PDub80 Wrote: I went with player, but no one on the Bengals would bring a big time lineman. They would need a backup QB who would be a hot commodity.

The issue w the Bengals line is that they refused/misjudged investing in proven veteran talent. They have no Bobby Williams or Clint Boling. They have no Anthony Collins or Evan Mathis... Hell, not even a Nate Livings.

BTW, XSF is considered a draft bust. So, for him to be the Bengals starter... if he beats out Jackson... is BRUTAL. The issue was never Sewell vs Chase.... It was Zeitler, XSF, Carman vs XSF, Carman, Price. And, with $20,000 still to spend, it is INSANITY that they didn't pay Zeitler... INSANITY.

Carman could be exactly who Bobbie Williams was. Both taken in the second round, both played OT in college but were drafted for RG. Hopefully Carman can pick up the transition quicker; as Bobbie was inactive his entire rookie year. 

Reply/Quote