Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What about Rex?
Any rumors of suitors?  Are the Bengals even talking to him?  Anybody got anything?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
This is all I got! Not encouraging by any means.

http://www.cincyjungle.com/2017/3/10/14877174/bengals-2-3-million-left-spend-free-agency

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I honestly don't think there will be much of a market for the guy. I think he will be a Bengal in 2017.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2017, 01:16 PM)JumboTron Wrote: I honestly don't think there will be much of a market for the guy.  I think he will be a Bengal in 2017.

Seriously? I'm afraid I disagree. I hope your right about him being a Bengal in 2017 but he is a beast with more heart than I've seen in stripes in a long time.

Reply/Quote
If I were the Saints, Chargers, Packers or Pats I'd be taking a look.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2017, 01:16 PM)JumboTron Wrote: I honestly don't think there will be much of a market for the guy.  I think he will be a Bengal in 2017.

He might of played just well enough to where teams might take a look. If they do, they will be impressed.

I know the Ravens would like to have him after he ran all over them.

Dude has mad heart and is our best RB right now if we do bring him back. Sure hope we do and you are correct JT. Rock On
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2017, 12:59 PM)McC Wrote: Any rumors of suitors?  Are the Bengals even talking to him?  Anybody got anything?

With all the hype about Mixon visiting, etc. Rex might decide to walk away from Bengals anyway. $^%&%%
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2017, 03:09 PM)Derrick Wrote: With all the hype about Mixon visiting, etc. Rex might decide to walk away from Bengals anyway. $^%&%%

But, but, uh, we could get a 7th round compensatory pick for him!
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2017, 01:16 PM)JumboTron Wrote: I honestly don't think there will be much of a market for the guy. I think he will be a Bengal in 2017.

What? He's perfect for the pats. He's white and spunky. BB would make this guy a superstar.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2017, 03:16 PM)hollodero Wrote: But, but, uh, we could get a 7th round compensatory pick for him!
LOL
Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2017, 01:27 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Seriously? I'm afraid I disagree. I hope your right about him being a Bengal in 2017 but he is a beast with more heart than I've seen in stripes in a long time.

Exactly.  I was somewhat relieved when I saw Brandin Cooks traded to the Pats...no way do I want them to get Sexy.  He would probably have 60 receptions for them and take the pressure off Edelman.  

Drives me nuts that we have the RB that had the fastest short shuttle at the entire combine in his draft class and we can't see what a weapon he could be out of the backfield.  
Reply/Quote
He has great heart and drive you're right, and I may be dead wrong as far as the interest around the league goes, but I just don't see a very big market for a third tier RB (at this point in his career) who will make most of his bones on ST.

Honestly, I just really want him to stay a Bengal. If he finds a great deal elsewhere good for him. I just don't believe at this point it will happen. Of course this is all moot if we don't even offer a deal.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2017, 03:58 PM)JumboTron Wrote: He has great heart and drive you're right, and I may be dead wrong as far as the interest around the league goes, but I just don't see a very big market for a third tier  RB (at this point in his career) who will make most of his bones on ST.

Honestly, I just really want him to stay a Bengal.  If he finds a great deal elsewhere good for him.  I just don't believe at this point it will happen.  Of course this is all moot if we don't even offer a deal.

Everything has been thrown out the window this FA.

Who knows if they have any interest.

Sure, we brought back Lafell and Kirkpatrick, but when i hear they have no interest in a guy like DJ Fluker
who could help this team i just have to wonder. We could cut Adam and Maualuga, bring in Fluker, Mangold,
and Datone Jones, bring back Burkhead and i would be pretty content.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2017, 04:04 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Everything has been thrown out the window this FA.

Sure, we brought back Lafell and Kirkpatrick, but when i hear they have no interest in a guy like DJ Fluker
who could help this team i just have to wonder. We could cut Adam and Maualuga, bring in Fluker, Mangold,

Might even win a few.

Reply/Quote
(03-11-2017, 04:09 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Might even win a few.

Just might. Not like we are a bad team.

Just sucks when we have the chance to improve and don't jump at the chance.
Reply/Quote
Admittedly am not clear on cap space money that MB claims we never have.

Was excited when hearing teams would be forced to spend most of it instead of being cheap like us a few years back.

Yet seems there are loop holes that MB exploits.

Anyway my question is, does Whit and Z count against the cap still for this year and if not, don't we now have extra space to spend on a FA or two ?

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2017, 04:14 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Admittedly am not clear on cap space money that MB claims we never have.

Was excited when hearing teams would be forced to spend most of it instead of being cheap like us a few years back.

Yet seems there are loop holes that MB exploits.

Anyway my question is, does Whit and Z count against the cap still for this year and if not don't we now have extra space to spend on a FA or two ?

We sure as hell should have some extra and could have even more if we cut dead weight like Adam and Maualuga.
Reply/Quote
Meh. I don't see it as a big gain or loss no matter where he goes.

He's a good backup. But I don't think he is as good as some of us hope he would be.

I'm all for giving Hill one more year.....and then drafting Saquon Barkley in the 1st round next year.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2017, 04:34 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Meh. I don't see it as a big gain or loss no matter where he goes.

He's a good backup. But I don't think he is as good as some of us hope he would be.

I'm all for giving Hill one more year.....and then drafting Saquon Barkley in the 1st round next year.

Blasphemy!

Reply/Quote
(03-11-2017, 04:04 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Everything has been thrown out the window this FA.

Do you really think he would help us?

I admittedly haven't seen a lot of his play, but what I have seen was not pretty.

I'd honestly rather roll the dice with the guys we have and hope to see improvement over a veteran who has underperformed during his time in the league.

Just my two cents, of course.
Reply/Quote