Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
What are you most disappointed it 1st presason
(08-13-2022, 01:35 PM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: Carmen and adeniji have been starters for us in recent history. Even prince started for us at some point.

They were "back ups" who only started because of injury to "starters".
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2022, 01:39 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Tycen Anderson he was absolute trash and a waste of a 6th round pick

We need to start a "Drama-queen Overreaction of the Week" award.
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2022, 01:53 PM)fredtoast Wrote: We need to start a "Drama-queen Overreaction of the Week" award.

The same handful of guys would win it every week.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(08-13-2022, 10:18 AM)fredtoast Wrote: 3-3 for 29 yards is trash?

Typical bong logic.

He had the ball in his hands for two drives against backups as a 6-year vet he should of ate them up if he was worth anything at all. 

I would not brag about three competitions to check downs,

My bad he had the ball for one drive but he caused his own injury he should of stepped up thru the pressure he chose to spin and run right into a lineman on his back side while he had area to step up beside Carman that was getting bull rushed.

A 10 yard pass to Trent and two checkdowns to Moss and Evans.
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2022, 01:53 PM)fredtoast Wrote: We need to start a "Drama-queen Overreaction of the Week" award.

Most insane thing said during a GDT award might be good, too. LOL

Reply/Quote
Shit guys lets not overreact! Calling rookies in their first action trash, is classless!
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2022, 02:05 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Shit guys lets not overreact! Calling rookies in their first action trash, is classless!

It’s not classless, it’s just way too over reactive
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2022, 01:28 PM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: I was wondering during the game if Ossai was even out there. He made no impact. Now I’m hearing he was in fact playing. I saw some of the other dlineman looking decent though.

Carmen has not earned a spot on the team yet. Definitely not encouraging going against backups and he’s supposed to be a starter.

The cardinals looked like a deeper/more talented team without the starters playing. I do think our starters are better than theirs though.

He is a second round pick and will be kept on the team till his rookie deal is over no matter how badly he plays. I do not think we should give up on him yet but I do not think he will be cut this year or next.
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2022, 02:00 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Most insane thing said during a GDT award might be good, too. LOL

Oh, that wouldn’t be fair. We’d just be picking on one person at that point.
Reply/Quote
G GS Comp ATT YDS AVG TD INT SCK SCKY RATE ATT YDS AVG TD FUM LOST
14 9 146 260 1589 6.1 10 6 20 143 77.5 30 65 2.2 0 2 1

B Allen career stats I have seen running backs with a higher AVG in a season.

Andy Daltons worst year AVG was 6.4 his career AVG was 7. And my nickname for Andy at the end of his career here in cincy was checkdown Andy cause all he did was throw checkdowns and never pushed the ball downfield. If we are going to have a backup QB he should play somewhat like your starter push the ball downfield good mobility and good pocket awareness. He throws on the run well too. That looked like Browning not Allen.

Is Browning going to be a great QB who knows but I know B Allen has been given every opportunity and has failed. Give the younger guys their reps to try to succeed.
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2022, 02:06 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: It’s not classless, it’s just way too over reactive

I just call it stupid, ill-informed and so bad that a poster should be embarrassed to hit "post reply" after typing it. 

I really need to figure out a shorter way to say that. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2022, 02:08 PM)BengalsBong Wrote: He is a second round pick and will be kept on the team till his rookie deal is over no matter how badly he plays. I do not think we should give up on him yet but I do not think he will be cut this year or next.

I get that he’s a high pick. He should have to earn his spot and not just handed the starter position bc we have nobody else. We need more competition. We need so much competition that Carmen has a risk of being cut. He still has a ways to go to prove to me that he’s a starter—that’s all I’m saying.
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2022, 01:51 PM)fredtoast Wrote: They were "back ups" who only started because of injury to "starters".

These players (Carmen, adeniji, prince) were relied upon in the past. We’ll have to rely on them to start bc of injury in the future. If your backups have no business making the team, you may have problems. We need more competition at starting left guard and backup tackle.
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2022, 06:11 PM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: I get that he’s a high pick. He should have to earn his spot and not just handed the starter position bc we have nobody else. We need more competition. We need so much competition that Carmen has a risk of being cut. He still has a ways to go to prove to me that he’s a starter—that’s all I’m saying.

I agree with every word you just posted. I am just saying what the team will do.
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2022, 11:50 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: the underlining problem is most of the Oline that started played alot last year and you tell me how well they played ?

Which is why they've all been replaced....

You just complain to complain.....and worry to worry
Reply/Quote

Nah - the mods would spend all their time handing out awards and never moderating.
Reply/Quote
The super bowl hangover thing is real. Wink
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2022, 04:36 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I just call it stupid, ill-informed and so bad that a poster should be embarrassed to hit "post reply" after typing it. 

I really need to figure out a shorter way to say that.

How about classless and clueless
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2022, 04:36 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I just call it stupid, ill-informed and so bad that a poster should be embarrassed to hit "post reply" after typing it
(08-13-2022, 07:33 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: How about classless and clueless

I figured it out. 

Sipper Tit. 

When someone says something utterly stupid, or just plain stupid, i'll just say "oh, that's a sipper tit". 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2022, 06:51 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: The super bowl hangover thing is real. Wink

This is how I see it as well and think it will be a wake up call.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote