Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
What are you most disappointed it 1st presason
(08-13-2022, 07:33 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: How about classless and clueless

I don’t think some of you know what classless means lol
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2022, 08:16 AM)Bronxbengal Wrote: Carman is another high o-line draft pick who is becoming another bust.  I don’t understand how we can miss on these picks so often.  We make great decisions on every position but o-line.  

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Carman was a huge reach. Had the back issue. The past allegation. He wasn't really that great as a tackle...so they wanted him to change position.

Just a bunch of red flags.

But, he's from Cincy!
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2022, 08:49 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Carman was a huge reach. Had the back issue. The past allegation. He wasn't really that great as a tackle...so they wanted him to change position.

But, he's from Cincy!

High upside, from the area, and had flex potential to play multiple positions.

But those high upside guys are always a gamble. They must’ve had a bunch of faith that Pollack can get him up to speed. But you can’t necessarily fix what’s in between the ears
Reply/Quote
In addition to Pollack, Carman has also worked with Duke Manyweather and Willie Anderson. It’s very possible the problem is just with him.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(08-13-2022, 09:25 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: High upside, from the area, and had flex potential to play multiple positions.

But those high upside guys are always a gamble. They must’ve had a bunch of faith that Pollack can get him up to speed. But you can’t necessarily fix what’s in between the ears

I'm not big on high upside reaches in Rounds 1 and 2.

3rd round and later...ok.
Reply/Quote
My 1st answer was nothing….the first preseason game always sucks.

But i can’t lie….Carmen, Adeniji and Prince discouraged me. Brandon Allen as well.
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2022, 09:53 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I'm not big on high upside reaches in Rounds 1 and 2.

My exact sentiments
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2022, 09:53 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I'm not big on high upside reaches in Rounds 1 and 2.

Jackson Carman wasn't a reach he was a late second early third projection. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Did Ossai play? I really didn't watch most of the game.
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2022, 08:26 AM)EatonFan Wrote: Did Ossai play?  I really didn't watch most of the game.

I feel like I heard his name mentioned. Just the fact he was in the game not that he made a play or anything. I never really noticed him and saw him on the sideline late in the game with the young dline guys and he still looked fresh and clean so I'm sure he didn't play much. Overall that was my pleasant surprise for the night was how good the young dline guys looked. We are gonna have some solid depth and hopefully a good rotation going this season.
Reply/Quote
I know it's only preseason and there were a lot of positives in my opinion. The negatives were obviously the oline performance. But just nit picking I know Dax made some splash plays which is all you can hope for but did anyone notice when he made his nice pass breakup and then we had the fumbled snap so the defense had to come back out for the short field. They threw to the TE and Dax tried to give him a quick shoulder bump and just got trucked over. That's a tough assignment TE is big and catching it at the 10 with momentum I would just like to see better technique there. But 1st preseason game and I know a little bit of a position change for him.
Reply/Quote
Too many penalties. Gotta get those under control before the regular season starts
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2022, 09:31 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: In addition to Pollack, Carman has also worked with Duke Manyweather and Willie Anderson. It’s very possible the problem is just with him.

You may be correct about Carmen being the issue versus Pollack. But, tell me 1 OL Pollack has taken from being average/bad to good/great.

Coaches have to develop players. I think Belichick is a great coach because he and his staff develop players. They do not have top draft picks starting on their OL, yet their OL is solid every year.

Great coaches develop players. The jury needs more info on Pollack and some of our staff. But, early on not looking great for Pollack.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2022, 11:03 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: You may be correct about Carmen being the issue versus Pollack. But, tell me 1 OL Pollack has taken from being average/bad to good/great.

Coaches have to develop players. I think Belichick is a great coach because he and his staff develop players. They do not have top draft picks starting on their OL, yet their OL is solid every year.

Great coaches develop players. The jury needs more info on Pollack and some of our staff. But, early on not looking great for Pollack.

I'd have to agree. Although I can't say I'm very familiar with Pollacks career. Only part of one preseason game but Adeniji and Prince played in the dang superbowl how are they still so terrible. Although it just struck me we might be letting a few bad plays stand out. Without Moss holding we could've had some big runs
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2022, 10:38 PM)Synric Wrote: Jackson Carman wasn't a reach he was a late second early third projection. 

Didn't we take him early 2nd?

Probably could have got him in 3rd or 4th.
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2022, 11:29 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Didn't we take him early 2nd?

No we couldn't.
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2022, 11:12 AM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: Adeniji and Prince played in the dang superbowl how are they still so terrible.

They were both sixth round picks.  If every coach who does not turn 6th round picks into solid starters is a bum then every O-line coach in the league is a bum.
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2022, 11:03 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: You may be correct about Carmen being the issue versus Pollack. But, tell me 1 OL Pollack has taken from being average/bad to good/great.

Derek Newton was a 7th round pick that turned into a solid starter.

And this line about how great coaches don't need good players is total crap.  Why have the Patriots used two of their last 5 first round picks on O-lineman if Belichick can just make good players out of crap?  
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2022, 08:49 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Carman was a huge reach. Had the back issue. The past allegation. He wasn't really that great as a tackle...so they wanted him to change position.

But, he's from Cincy!

I agree he went earlier than predicted not sure if it was a huge reach so not like they are working with 5-7 round talent, just sad how few of oline picks have not improved under our recent staffs..
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2022, 11:29 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Didn't we take him early 2nd?

No, they traded back.

Reply/Quote