Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What are you watching?
(03-09-2024, 10:31 PM)FormerlyBengalRugby Wrote: Not reading the thread tonight, but some good older series,

Six
The Shield
Deadwood
Playmakers

feel free to add more golden oldies that might warrant a revisit...

I watched "Wagon's East" last night on Hulu, John Candy's last movie, love that guy...

RIP John Candy.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2024, 12:38 AM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I watched "Wagon's East" last night on Hulu, John Candy's last movie, love that guy...

RIP John Candy.

Another great movie that could not be made today, or any time movie forward.

My childhood is dying...

That said, long live The Princess Bride, for now...
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2024, 10:49 PM)FormerlyBengalRugby Wrote: Another great movie that could not be made today, or any time movie forward.

My childhood is dying...

That said, long live The Princess Bride, for now...

The Princess Bride is one the the best movies of all time no doubt. "People in masks should not be trusted."

"You killed my father, prepare to die." Smirk
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2024, 01:16 AM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: The Princess Bride is one the the best movies of all time no doubt. "People in masks should not be trusted."

"You killed my father, prepare to die." Smirk

inconceivable
Reply/Quote
Just watched Dune 2 by Denis Villeneuve and it was great ! Loved it.

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
New Alien movie this August.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTNMt84KT0k

Looking much better than i originally hoped.. Back to practical effects.
Reply/Quote
Anyone catch 3 Body Problem?

Wife wants to watch it. Might be a little too Westworldy for me with the "I have to pay full attention to this".
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2024, 07:38 PM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: Just watched Dune 2 by Denis Villeneuve and it was great ! Loved it.

Good to know, I bought the first one, but it was pretty dark and had so much going on it couldn't get to the great action that Dune 2 I know
will have. Will buy Dune 2 to complete the set once it comes out on Blue Ray.
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2024, 06:11 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Good to know, I bought the first one, but it was pretty dark and had so much going on it couldn't get to the great action that Dune 2 I know

Did you read the books ? I have no idea how someone who didn't read the books perceive it.

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
(03-27-2024, 06:11 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Good to know, I bought the first one, but it was pretty dark and had so much going on it couldn't get to the great action that Dune 2 I know

not a sequel just part 2 of the story.  lol  
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2024, 07:52 PM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: Did you read the books ? I have no idea how someone who didn't read the books perceive it.

I only got through the first book and only barely. Took me a couple of tries separated by a decade lol.

Speaking of book inspired TV James Clavell's Shogun has been really good on Hulu. Limited series so one season only.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Fallout TV Show is now out on Amazon receiving high praise. if interested
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2024, 07:52 PM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: Did you read the books ? I have no idea how someone who didn't read the books perceive it.

Yeah, read the Dune books in High School. Rough but very good. Great Sci-fi Fantasy.

I watched some of the other tries at doing Dune movies but they weren't very well done. These are much better.

(03-28-2024, 09:23 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: not a sequel just part 2 of the story.  lol  

True, which is why I didn't care for it as much, left me hangin'.

Need to get part 2 to complete it now. Smart strategy. Mellow
Reply/Quote
(04-11-2024, 12:34 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Fallout TV Show is now out on Amazon receiving high praise.  if interested

Watched 3 episodes. The Artistic direction is really good but the story telling makes no sense at all. 

Reply/Quote
(04-15-2024, 03:33 PM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: Watched 3 episodes. The Artistic direction is really good but the story telling makes no sense at all. 

It’s worth noting the creators of Westworld are doing this story.

I watched all 8 episodes and it honestly felt like one long cut scene from the games. Tons of fan service, a commitment to some of the cheese, and introduction of a new and unique story.

Now the story wasn’t exactly mind blowing or anything, but it was still pretty good.
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2024, 03:33 PM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: Watched 3 episodes. The Artistic direction is really good but the story telling makes no sense at all. 

I just finished Episode 3  really enjoying it so far.  its Very Fallout
Reply/Quote
I'm four episodes into Fallout and so far it's probabaly been one of the better video game to TV adaptations ever... which I guess isn't saying much. At least it's way better than the Halo series.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(04-16-2024, 08:20 AM)Synric Wrote: I'm four episodes into Fallout and so far it's probabaly been one of the better video game to TV adaptations ever... which I guess isn't saying much. At least it's way better than the Halo series.

I still think the Best Overall (movie) is the First Mortal Kombat  for video games to screen.  but for a tV show Fallout is the best i've seen so far.  even better than a lot of book to tv adaptations 

I think ill be Saying Ookie Dookie a lot more
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2024, 09:34 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: I still think the Best Overall (movie) is the First Mortal Kombat  for video games to screen.  but for a tV show Fallout is the best i've seen so far.  even better than a lot of book to tv adaptations 

I think ill be Saying Ookie Dookie a lot more

I remember reading about the upcoming Mortal Kombat movie in Nintendo magazine and how it might be affected by Street Fighter bombing the year before lol. I liked the Street Fighter games over MK as a kid though.

Reply/Quote
(04-17-2024, 09:36 AM)Synric Wrote: I remember reading about the upcoming Mortal Kombat movie in Nintendo magazine and how it might be affected by Street Fighter bombing the year before lol. I liked the Street Fighter games over MK as a kid though.

The street fighter movie was something. lol  

And the fun part was it had Jon Claude      who the original MK concept was built around
Reply/Quote