Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What are you watching?
there is a great series on pureflix called Encounters. just finished 2nd season. its about how folks lives get changed by meeting Jesus. holesome nice family show. very heart warming and inspiratinal.
Reply/Quote
(07-02-2023, 09:44 PM)Leon Wrote: there is a great series on pureflix called Encounters. just finished 2nd season. its about how folks lives get changed by meeting Jesus. holesome nice family show. very heart warming and inspiratinal.

Will check it out, love everything Jesus.

Have you checked out The Chosen yet?
Reply/Quote
(07-02-2023, 09:56 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Will check it out, love everything Jesus.

Have you checked out The Chosen yet?

yessir. what a great show! i actualy posted it in here before. i think every one should watch it
Reply/Quote
(07-02-2023, 09:57 PM)Leon Wrote: yessir. what a great show! i actualy posted it in here before. i think every one should watch it

It is fantastic. Just like Jesus is, a fun dude. He isn't domineering like churches and such make him out to be.

Jesus died for us and he is our bud. That is the truth.

If you haven't seen some of Jim Caviezel's interviews after he did The Passion check them out, will blow your mind.

Dude was struck by lightning, had a heart attack, had his ribs broke and had a NDE doing that movie...
Reply/Quote
(07-02-2023, 10:09 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: It is fantastic. Just like Jesus is, a fun dude. He isn't domineering like churches and such make him out to be.

Jesus died for us and he is our bud. That is the truth.

If you haven't seen some of Jim Caviezel's interviews after he did The Passion check them out, will blow your mind.

Dude was struck by lightning, had a heart attack, had his ribs broke and had a NDE doing that movie...

yessir. ive seen those interviews and the behind the scenes stuff.he is amazing and if that dont boost your faith times 1000 i dont know what will. jim suffered an endured so he could play the role of the one who suffered and endured for all of us. 
Reply/Quote
(07-02-2023, 10:18 PM)Leon Wrote: yessir. ive seen those interviews and the behind the scenes stuff.he is amazing and if that dont boost your faith times 1000 i dont know what will. jim suffered an endured so he could play the role of the one who suffered and endured for all of us. 

THE TRUTH. Wink
Reply/Quote
Anyone ever watch Justified? I never did but I heard it was good and saw they just rebooted it. I've always been a fan of Timothy Olyphant so I might have to check it out.
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
(07-18-2023, 04:57 PM)basballguy Wrote: Anyone ever watch Justified? I never did but I heard it was good and saw they just rebooted it. I've always been a fan of Timothy Olyphant so I might have to check it out.

Justified was fantastic. Top 10 favorite show for me. Both Olyphant and Walton Goggins were amazing in it.

I have the first couple episodes of the new series recorded on DVR but haven’t watched them yet.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
late to the Party but i just Finished Season 1 of Fubar.... (netflix)

it was really good. imo if you're an arnold fan definitely check it out
Reply/Quote
Ok Witcher fans....opinions of season 3? Looking for book readers and the gamers to chime in.
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2023, 11:10 PM)basballguy Wrote: Ok Witcher fans....opinions of season 3?  Looking for book readers and the gamers to chime in.

Going to watch it when I go to my sister's house. They canceled Netflix to our place since we have 2 separate homes.

Love The Witcher and Henry Cavill, dude is awesome. Rock On
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2023, 11:10 PM)basballguy Wrote: Ok Witcher fans....opinions of season 3?  Looking for book readers and the gamers to chime in.

Okay To be clear i have not read the books.  or really played the games.

Enjoyed the 3rd season minus some of the stuff that seemed really forced in there for no real reason.  but it didn't majorly reduce my enjoyment

But this was Cavills last season so my Expectations drop to the floor after this season
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2023, 04:45 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Going to watch it when I go to my sister's house. They canceled Netflix to our place since we have 2 separate homes.

Love The Witcher and Henry Caville, dude is awesome. Rock On

(08-04-2023, 09:31 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Okay To be clear i have not read the books.  or really played the games.

Enjoyed the 3rd season minus some of the stuff that seemed really forced in there for no real reason.  but it didn't majorly reduce my enjoyment

But this was Cavills last season so my Expectations drop to the floor after this season

I ask because I have this friend who read the "books" (I guess its a series of short stories or something?)  or played the game too.  This friend feels like they are deviating too much from the source material and is all about Cavils willingness to quit the show over too much deviation (so he says).  

Too the bolded point.....I think it's on par for Netflix.  Look at how Designated Survivor was ruined once Netflix took it over.  You can look at other shows too.  And while I don't think Netflix attempts to force political agendas on anyone, they do seem to try to cater to the loudest crowds.  
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2023, 11:27 AM)basballguy Wrote: I ask because I have this friend who read the "books" (I guess its a series of short stories or something?)  or played the game too.  This friend feels like they are deviating too much from the source material and is all about Cavils willingness to quit the show over too much deviation (so he says).  

Too the bolded point.....I think it's on par for Netflix.  Look at how Designated Survivor was ruined once Netflix took it over.  You can look at other shows too.  And while I don't think Netflix attempts to force political agendas on anyone, they do seem to try to cater to the loudest crowds.  

Right when the Show runners direction leads to Super Witcher Nerd Cavill quiting instead of being part of the show...  Means you need a new showrunner imo..   

When there is strong source material responsible for the large Fan base... you dont need deviate much at all unless pushing personal agendas  and the Showrunner has one
Reply/Quote
Anybody watch The Bear yet? It's loud, but it was pretty good. It's not Uncut Gems loud, but there's a lot of yelling.
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2023, 09:31 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Okay To be clear i have not read the books.  or really played the games.

No point in watching after Cavill is gone.

(08-04-2023, 11:27 AM)basballguy Wrote: I ask because I have this friend who read the "books" (I guess its a series of short stories or something?)  or played the game too.  This friend feels like they are deviating too much from the source material and is all about Cavils willingness to quit the show over too much deviation (so he says).  

For sure and the universal truth springs forth once again that the biggest mouths have the smallest minds....
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2023, 12:12 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Right when the Show runners direction leads to Super Witcher Nerd Cavill quiting instead of being part of the show...  Means you need a new showrunner imo..   

When there is strong source material responsible for the large Fan base... you dont need deviate much at all unless pushing personal agendas  and the Showrunner has one

I've only read the first novel and it was mostly a collection of novellas that took place in season one (specifically the striga episode). Its a slog to read kinda like Erik Stevenson's Malazan Books of thr Fallen... but not as bad as Frank Herbert's Dune ugh...

I've enjoyed the Witcher although I would say it starting to slack off. Cavill leaving hurts but I hear he wanted to do Highlander. I dont blame him Ioved those movies maybe we can see Lambert and Cavill face off where there can only be one.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2023, 09:32 AM)Synric Wrote: I've only read the first novel and it was mostly a collection of novellas that took place in season one (specifically the striga episode). Its a slog to read kinda like Erik Stevenson's Malazan Books of thr Fallen... but not as bad as Frank Herbert's Dune ugh...

I've enjoyed the Witcher although I would say it starting to slack off. Cavill leaving hurts but I hear he wanted to do Highlander. I dont blame him Ioved those movies maybe we can see Lambert and Cavill face off where there can only be one.

Ohhh didnt hear about highlander... That will be good.. Maybe lambert fills the Sean Connery level role of mentor. if involved.

Also hear he has a Warhammer 40k project in the works not sure if thats a movie/series or maybe just game related.
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2023, 09:32 AM)Synric Wrote: I've only read the first novel and it was mostly a collection of novellas that took place in season one (specifically the striga episode). Its a slog to read kinda like Erik Stevenson's Malazan Books of thr Fallen... but not as bad as Frank Herbert's Dune ugh...

That is awesome. Loved the Highlander movies with Christopher Lambert and Sean Connery.

Like Xeno said, would be cool if Lambert takes the Connery role of mentor to Cavill. Wink
Reply/Quote
Been re-watching Seinfeld lately... for the 1000th time.
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote