Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What are you watching?
i had some time to kill so i watched "Long Shot" with Seth Rogan. And really, i was just gonna run it in the background while i played on my phone....

While I think Seth Rogan might be approaching Adam Sandler level movies, I ended up watching and paying attention to the whole thing.

Turned out to be a pretty decent movie.
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
2 movies by donald james parker i just watched. both are great, family friendly, funny, smart and really makes you think

gramps goes to college
best friends eternally
Reply/Quote
Been watching Mandalorian season 3.

Pretty much like most of the Disney Star Wars stuff, it has taken a downward spiral. Something just feels off big time with the show at the moment.

I think at this point Andor is the only good Disney Star Wars creation left, live action that is. Though Rogue One is still considered good overall. Everything else tho either was just bad, or started off with promise and then went to crap in a hurry.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2023, 08:45 PM)basballguy Wrote: i had some time to kill so i watched "Long Shot" with Seth Rogan.  And really, i was just gonna run it in the background while i played on my phone....

While I think Seth Rogan might be approaching Adam Sandler level movies, I ended up watching and paying attention to the whole thing.  

Turned out to be a pretty decent movie.

Seth is growing on me a bit...  

Xbox gave out a free movie a  little while back  "The night before"  its a christmas title  but was better than i expected.

Pineapple express might still be my favorite movie of his.
Reply/Quote
Started watching Tulsa King (Paramount +) only 2 eps in but its pretty good so far
Reply/Quote
Beef (new series on Netflix) is a wild f'n ride lol. Everyone should watch it.
Reply/Quote
if you watch any youtube podcast... I recommend "The Why Files" i couldnt stop watching these. he goes into great details on some urban myths and legends and UFO type stories and debunks them if possible.
Reply/Quote
Finished season 1 of Tulsa King... very good i recommend. (paramount)

Watched 7 Kings must die (netflix) this is the movie to end the Last Kingdom series... same level of quality for the most part.

Picard Season 3.. (Series Finally is this Thursday) If you liked TNG or DS9 you absolutely need to Watch Picard. Even if you just watch season 3 lol.
Reply/Quote
(04-10-2023, 11:27 AM)Millhouse Wrote: Been watching Mandalorian season 3.

Pretty much like most of the Disney Star Wars stuff, it has taken a downward spiral. Something just feels off big time with the show at the moment.

I think at this point Andor is the only good Disney Star Wars creation left, live action that is. Though Rogue One is still considered good overall. Everything else though either was just bad, or started off with promise and then went to crap in a hurry.

My 'The Mandalorian' season 3 grade: 6/10 

The first two seasons tho, 9/10.

I'll just leave it there. Hopefully the next season of Andor will be solid but Disney LucasArts with probably screw it up.

Reply/Quote
Caught 2 flicks last night.

Promising Young Woman was really good
Ghosted on AppleTV was fun
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2023, 09:54 AM)jfkbengals Wrote: Caught 2 flicks last night.

Promising Young Woman was really good
Ghosted on AppleTV was fun

Was ghosted actually fun? It looks like it could quite literally be the worst movie of all time
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2023, 07:53 PM)basballguy Wrote: Was ghosted actually fun? It looks like it could quite literally be the worst movie of all time

The lady and I thoroughly enjoyed it. We knew nothing about it and saw it listed as a new release, so we watched the trailer and decided to go for it.
Reply/Quote
Seen the new D&D movie it was pretty bad. They tried to go more Guardians of the Galaxy with it and D&D needs to be grim dark.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(05-06-2023, 04:38 PM)Synric Wrote: Seen the new D&D movie it was pretty bad. They tried to go more Guardians of the Galaxy with it and D&D needs to be grim dark.

That's disappointing.  How would you compare it to the 2000 version of DnD with one of those Wayans guys?
Reply/Quote
(05-06-2023, 04:38 PM)Synric Wrote: Seen the new D&D movie it was pretty bad. They tried to go more Guardians of the Galaxy with it and D&D needs to be grim dark.

damn... had hopes  not high ones but some hopes.

Maybe we can get some good movies now that the writers are on strike
Reply/Quote
Saw Guardians of the Galaxy 3, and enjoyed it a lot. If you weren't a fan of recent Marvel movies and series's, I get it, me either, but this is a good one by James Gunn and worth going to theater to see.

Reply/Quote
I am watching Harry Potter by Balenciaga. Had me roaring.
Reply/Quote
Anyone watch the new episodes of Black Mirror? I wouldn't say they were terrible but a few of them were boring to me. Sad
Reply/Quote
(06-23-2023, 09:12 PM)basballguy Wrote: Anyone watch the new episodes of Black Mirror?  I wouldn't say they were terrible but a few of them were boring to me.  Sad

First two were awesome. 

Ending of the third pissed me off and made me kind of zone out for four and five. 
Reply/Quote
I watched the remake of The Thing yesterday with Mary Elizabeth Winstead, love that chick.

Movie was a touch disturbing as it should be, but not bad, held up to my John Carpenter standards that are high.

Big Trouble in Little China still is one of my faves with good old Kurt Russell and James Hong. Smirk
Reply/Quote