Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What are you watching?
Seen Avatar 2 the way of water and it was definitely great.

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
(12-19-2022, 03:31 PM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: Seen Avatar 2 the way of water and it was definitely great.

Nice trying to set aside 3 hours to go see it...  lol  Definitely want to watch it
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2022, 10:21 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Wednesday on Netflix is pretty good....  Original 2 adams family movies on their too if you need a primer

incredibly surprised how much I am enjoying this series.  

Though i'm slightly confused....is she in high school or college?  I just assumed high school based upon what I thought her age was but a friend of mine claims it was college or some sort of senior prep school.  The girl playing her is 20yo so it would make sense if it was college.  
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2022, 01:01 AM)basballguy Wrote: incredibly surprised how much I am enjoying this series.  

Though i'm slightly confused....is she in high school or college?  I just assumed high school based upon what I thought her age was but a friend of mine claims it was college or some sort of senior prep school.  The girl playing her is 20yo so it would make sense if it was college.  

I viewed it as a high School Level Prep School.     Or private school.     I'm guessing most the actors are 18+  as working with minors can be difficult.  (how many hours they can work etc...)

She Designed that Dance...  (you'll know the one)  and actually plays the cello...    which makes it all the better.

Thing has been great.  And the whole family i think was cast well overall.    

Cannot wait to see what happens season 2..
Reply/Quote
If you haven't watched it... "Bullet Train" on Netflix was great
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2022, 09:50 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Now that i have actually finished the Season she was most excellent.   That goth dance....  wow

Yes, excellent show. Made me laugh out loud the entire series and everyone should learn to laugh more in these times. Rock On

(12-17-2022, 05:09 PM)Leon Wrote: just watched the God's Not Dead series. its so powerful an eye opening i would say evryone needs to watch it. it really shows how they are trying to remove God an keep us from taking about our belief but how we can stand up and fight back an still get the Good Word out.

What is that on Leon? I have been watching The Chosen on the App and it is fantastic!!!! Wink
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2022, 11:54 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yes, excellent show. Made me laugh out loud the entire series and everyone should learn to laugh more in these times. Rock On

What is that on Leon? I have been watching The Chosen on the App and it is fantastic!!!! Wink

you can find it on pureflix. its a great service. very holesome and great family tv
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2022, 02:04 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: If you haven't watched it... "Bullet Train" on Netflix was great

It was on the agenda over this past weekend, but we didn't get to it.

We did watch Glass Onion, A Knives Out Mystery and it was entertaining.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Just finished season one of Tulsa King. It's pretty cool and the story develops quite well as the season goes on. They do have a few well placed flashback moments but not too many. Stallone is good, as are the rest of the cast. I give it an 8.5 out of 10. Currently, IMDB gives it an 8.3 and Rotten Tomatoes has it as 78% reviewer score, 90% audience score. I had it a little higher but the season finale was a little underwhelming to me.

I like watching former Mobster Michael Franzese's videos on the episodes because he's much more of a reviewer than a reactor. He doesn't want to give away the plot, he uses certain situations to verify or mock the show's authenticity to the Mob life as he knew it. Sometimes, it really hit close to home in situations that happened in his life, like Stallone's character's attempt at re-communicating with a daughter that moved on 18 years ago. It serves as a pretty good companion piece to the series without too many spoilers. This first review, he's a bit iffy but as the show progresses, he really buys in and recommends it.

Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
Uhhh the Last of Us
Reply/Quote
I'm late to the party with Yellowstone but damn that show is good.

I also think I enjoy Kevin Costner a lot more as an older actor. I really enjoyed him in Draft Day and some of the movies where he had smaller roles like Jack Ryan, Molly's Game, and Superman movies. I'm not a big movie buff so I don't know if something about his acting style changed over his career but he does really well in Yellowstone.
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2023, 08:22 AM)basballguy Wrote: I'm late to the party with Yellowstone but damn that show is good.

I also think I enjoy Kevin Costner a lot more as an older actor. I really enjoyed him in Draft Day and some of the movies where he had smaller roles like Jack Ryan, Molly's Game, and Superman movies. I'm not a big movie buff so I don't know if something about his acting style changed over his career but he does really well in Yellowstone.

Have you watched Mr Brooks? If you hate Dane Cook it’s even better.

Also 3000 miles to Graceland is interesting.
Reply/Quote
The Last of Us is so good. I was confident HBO would do it right, and they’ve nailed it so far.

Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 12:03 PM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: Uhhh the Last of Us

(02-01-2023, 02:00 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: The Last of Us is so good. I was confident HBO would do it right, and they’ve nailed it so far.

I've got the first three eps on the DVR, but I keep finding other stuff to do/watch.  I need to buckle down and watch them before I run into any more spoilers.  Someone on the radio the other day, in between songs no less, just brings it up out of the blue and starts going into detail.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
On to episode 5 of Peaky Blinders later this evening. Yes I know a it behind the times with this one lol, but it is an amazing show so far, can't wait to see where it goes.

[Image: UahsiIk.jpeg]
Reply/Quote
the Psychical 100: a Non Lethal Real version of Squid games
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2023, 07:58 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: I've got the first three eps on the DVR, but I keep finding other stuff to do/watch.  I need to buckle down and watch them before I run into any more spoilers.  Someone on the radio the other day, in between songs no less, just brings it up out of the blue and starts going into detail.  

I watched a mini-marathon of the first three episodes today and I was impressed.  The set-up in ep one was riveting, and ep three was not at all what I was expecting, but it was incredible.  I'm going to keep up with the new eps as they air so that I can discuss the show if the opportunity arises.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2023, 11:56 AM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: Have you watched Mr Brooks? If you hate Dane Cook it’s even better.

Also 3000 miles to Graceland is interesting.

Mr. Brooks is awesome. My Mom used to buy a bunch of those $2 Wal-Mart Black Friday DVDs every year and filled up space when wrapping Christmas presents and packages. I had a stack of movies that I had never even heard of before and decided to start watching some before tossing them into the "garage sale" pile. I blindly popped in Mr Brooks without reading the back cover or looking it up on Rotten Tomatoes and was blown away. I love William Hurt's character addition and that's a great line about Dane Cook. LOL. He was actually surprisingly good in this.

I highly recommend this movie. Don't bother with the 'Free With Ads' YouTube version. It is so badly edited, it's barely recognizable. 
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2023, 10:44 AM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: Mr. Brooks is awesome. My Mom used to buy a bunch of those $2 Wal-Mart Black Friday DVDs every year and filled up space when wrapping Christmas presents and packages. I had a stack of movies that I had never even heard of before and decided to start watching some before tossing them into the "garage sale" pile. I blindly popped in Mr Brooks without reading the back cover or looking it up on Rotten Tomatoes and was blown away. I love William Hurt's character addition and that's a great line about Dane Cook. LOL. He was actually surprisingly good in this.

I highly recommend this movie. Don't bother with the 'Free With Ads' YouTube version. It is so badly edited, it's barely recognizable. 

Speaking of Dane Cook Employee of the Month is a mega shitty movie guilty pleasure of mine. Watched it way too many times when I just couldn't find something to watch.
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2023, 03:53 PM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: Speaking of Dane Cook Employee of the Month is a mega shitty movie guilty pleasure of mine. Watched it way too many times when I just couldn't find something to watch.

The party-popper into Andy Dick’s ear and the ensuing “WHAT THE F—!” is the best shit EVER!
Reply/Quote