Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What are you watching?
Watching Better Call Saul. I have had a difficult time getting interested in this show since Breaking Bad. I've tried a few times but failed. Yet, after finally forcing myself to get through the first 2 episodes, I'm glad I did. This series kicks ass. I must also admit I'm addicted to the character of Kim Wexler. Ever since like the 1st or 2nd episode, she did a snort type laugh and I was immediately hooked on her. Gonna go out on a limb and say this is better than Breaking Bad itself.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2022, 11:51 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: Watching Better Call Saul. I have had a difficult time getting interested in this show since Breaking Bad. I've tried a few times but failed. Yet, after finally forcing myself to get through the first 2 episodes, I'm glad I did. This series kicks ass. I must also admit I'm addicted to the character of Kim Wexler. Ever since like the 1st or 2nd episode, she did a snort type laugh and I was immediately hooked on her. Gonna go out on a limb and say this is better than Breaking Bad itself.

I think that peak Breaking Bad is better than peak Better Call Saul, but BCS was more consistently good than BB. Both are excellent, excellent shows though. Enjoy!
Reply/Quote
We've been watching Touched by an Angel on Up Faith and Family but took a break the last few nights and watched Oblivion and London has Fallen. London has Fallen was a bit dopey but fun to watch.
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2022, 12:59 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: I think that peak Breaking Bad is better than peak Better Call Saul, but BCS was more consistently good than BB. Both are excellent, excellent shows though. Enjoy!

I noticed there's a few spinoffs of BCS as well like, Slippery Jimmy and BCS-Employment training. Havent had a chance to look into them yet, just noticed they were available on Magic Dragon. Might venture there after.

Reply/Quote
Just finished episode 10 of Andor, the new Star Wars series on Disney, with 2 episodes to go for season 1.

Overall, it's the best live action thing made in the Star Wars world, imo, since Rogue One. Mandalorian is a very close 2 which I am a huge fan of, with Obi-Wan 3rd, and then Boba Fett

Great acting and actors, writing, story, basically just a fantastic show if you are a Star Wars fan.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(11-10-2022, 09:26 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Just finished episode 10 of Andor, the new Star Wars series on Disney, with 2 episodes to go for season 1.

Overall, it's the best live action thing made in the Star Wars world, imo, since Rogue One. Mandalorian is a very close 2 which I am a huge fan of, with Obi-Wan 3rd, and then Boba Fett

Great acting and actors, writing, story, basically just a fantastic show if you are a Star Wars fan.

Thanks for the heads up on Andor Millhouse, I might just buy it since we canceled Disney +

I have been watching the new season of Cobra Kai on Netflix and it just gets better and better, makes me laugh.

Plus, I like the actors a lot. If you like the old Karate Kid you should like this, much more vulgar though.
Reply/Quote
Andor is amazing.

I'm watching The Peripheral on Amazon and highly recommend it.
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2022, 09:26 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Just finished episode 10 of Andor, the new Star Wars series on Disney, with 2 episodes to go for season 1.

What I have really liked about it is that this is the first true look at daily life during the age of the Empire. Sure, we've seen glimpses in the past, but nothing to this degree.
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2022, 06:56 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Thanks for the heads up on Andor Millhouse, I might just buy it since we canceled Disney +

I have been watching the new season of Cobra Kai on Netflix and it just gets better and better, makes me laugh.

Plus, I like the actors a lot. If you like the old Karate Kid you should like this, much more vulgar though.

Haha thats a bit funny because I canceled Netflix and I like Cobra Kai a lot actually. (Thankfully I have a cousin that runs a dedicated server that automatically downloads 1000's of shows and movies, including that one lol) But if you liked Rogue One, then Andor is a must watch. 

(11-13-2022, 03:49 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: What I have really liked about it is that this is the first true look at daily life during the age of the Empire.  Sure, we've seen glimpses in the past, but nothing to this degree.

Definitely, and never really have seen how the rebellion started either, at least the coming together part of it.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(11-14-2022, 10:13 AM)Millhouse Wrote: Haha thats a bit funny because I canceled Netflix and I like Cobra Kai a lot actually. (Thankfully I have a cousin that runs a dedicated server that automatically downloads 1000's of shows and movies, including that one lol) But if you liked Rogue One, then Andor is a must watch. 

Definitely, and never really have seen how the rebellion started either, at least the coming together part of it.

Awesome, I liked Rogue One, I am sure I will like Andor even better. Rock On
Reply/Quote
Saturday evening we watched Enola Holmes 2 and A Christmas Story Christmas.

Both were very enjoyable, but if you aren't a big fan of A Christmas Story you won't be big on the sequel.
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2022, 10:57 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Saturday evening we watched Enola Holmes 2 and A Christmas Story Christmas.

Both were very enjoyable, but if you aren't a big fan of A Christmas Story you won't be big on the sequel.

On Netflix?
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2022, 11:01 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: On Netflix?
EH2 is Netflix.  Christmas Story Christmas is HBOMax
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2022, 09:33 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: EH2 is Netflix.  Christmas Story Christmas is HBOMax

Cool thanks JFK.
Reply/Quote
Wednesday on Netflix is pretty good.... Original 2 adams family movies on their too if you need a primer
Reply/Quote
Just started the Korean show Extraordinary Attorney Woo as I am somewhere on the ASD scale myself.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2022, 10:21 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Wednesday on Netflix is pretty good....  Original 2 adams family movies on their too if you need a primer

I like her, my type of gal lol  Hilarious
Reply/Quote
Every year I binge-watch Breaking Bad, but after this year I'm ready to move on. Before, I could only watch Better Call Saul through only about six episodes. Why? Bob Odenkirk comes across too whiny in large doses, even though he is a fellow Saluki. This year though, I might give him a chance.
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2022, 01:04 AM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I like her, my type of gal lol  Hilarious

Now that i have actually finished the Season she was most excellent.   That goth dance....  wow
Reply/Quote
just watched the God's Not Dead series. its so powerful an eye opening i would say evryone needs to watch it. it really shows how they are trying to remove God an keep us from taking about our belief but how we can stand up and fight back an still get the Good Word out.
Reply/Quote