Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What are you watching?
Shoresy on Hulu is great. It's only 6 episodes and a Letterkenny spin-off. It's about a chirping hockey player.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2022, 09:12 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Shoresy on Hulu is great. It's only 6 episodes and a Letterkenny spin-off. It's about a chirping hockey player.

Ink master finally returned on Paramount +     wife and I had been missing that one
Reply/Quote
Welcome to Wrexham.

Ryan Reynolds and Rob McElhenny buy a down on the luck soccer team in Wales and attempt to turn things around.
Reply/Quote
Pissed. I live out in the country, where internet is two Amish ladies churning butter wearing connecting aluminum foil hats, so I’m STUCK with Dish. Well Dish gets in disputes with channel providers come contract time. They took my Reds games two years ago (Fox Sports) and now its anything Disney. No more MNF, ESPN is gone. No more Archer, FXX is gone. No more fun nature shows, NatGeo is gone.

But please, continue to charge me $90 a month for the other three channels I actually watch! ?
Reply/Quote
Just watched all of Only Murders in the Building on Hulu, and absolutely enjoyed it.

We just started Grimm on Prime Video and have found it to be entertaining thus far.

Also just started Andor, and have really enjoyed the first 4 episodes.
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2022, 09:30 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Just watched all of Only Murders in the Building on Hulu, and absolutely enjoyed it.

We just started Grimm on Prime Video and have found it to be entertaining thus far.

I thought Grimm was good and went off the rails over time.  Sadly a lot of shows do that.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2022, 09:32 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: I thought Grimm was good and went off the rails over time.  Sadly a lot of shows do that.

Yes they do. And I'm one of those people who still wants to watch the remainder of the series to know how it all plays out, only to then sit and question why I wasted so much time on that garbage.

I think we are 6 episodes in, and the story has been interesting. But the acting has not exactly been top notch, so I find myself hoping that it only gets better as it is too easy to have bad acting destroy a good story line.
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2022, 09:37 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Yes they do.  And I'm one of those people who still wants to watch the remainder of the series to know how it all plays out, only to then sit and question why I wasted so much time on that garbage.

I think we are 6 episodes in, and the story has been interesting.  But the acting has not exactly been top notch, so I find myself hoping that it only gets better as it is too easy to have bad acting destroy a good story line.

There's a particular actress they kept on that show that we couldn't stand so we stopped watching it.

You'll know when the time comes.  She must've been sleeping with one of the producers/director. 
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2022, 09:30 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Just watched all of Only Murders in the Building on Hulu, and absolutely enjoyed it.

I’ve enjoyed Andor, too.

Just finished The Old Man on Hulu. If you enjoy spy thrillers I recommend you check it out.
Reply/Quote
House of Dragons is really good so far... Following the source Material pretty well..

New HellRaiser movie (hulu) was pretty good. if you like the series check it out
Reply/Quote
Samaritan on Amazon Prime was really good imo
Reply/Quote
Finished the first season LOTR Rings of Power, on Amazon. The most expensive show ever made.

Umm, I ended up liking it overall. I did think early on it seemed on the borderline of a made for network kind of series, but did get better in later episodes.

If you are a lore fan, where Peter Jackson's LOTR movies were even pushing the lore limits, then you will hate this. To say they took liberties with Tolkien's works is an understatement. But if not, probably worth a shot.

There is a bit of 'wokeness' as well (in regards to the lore), but didn't go that far with it for me to stop watching.

Overall I give it a 7/10 at best, though I won't argue with those with harsher criticism. For the most expensive show ever, it didn't come close to what one would expect when they spent 715 million so far on it.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(10-16-2022, 10:50 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Finished the first season LOTR Rings of Power, on Amazon. The most expensive show ever made.

Umm, I ended up liking it overall. I did think early on it seemed on the borderline of a made for network kind of series, but did get better in later episodes.

If you are a lore fan, where Peter Jackson's LOTR movies were even pushing the lore limits, then you will hate this. To say they took liberties with Tolkien's works is an understatement. But if not, probably worth a shot.

There is a bit of 'wokeness' as well (in regards to the lore), but didn't go that far with it for me to stop watching.

Overall I give it a 7/10 at best, though I won't argue with those with harsher criticism. For the most expensive show ever, it didn't come close to what one would expect when they spent 715 million so far on it.

I finished it this week. If there wasn’t a second season I wouldn’t be upset. I didn’t like how the Galadriel character was written or portrayed which affected my overall opinion.

I’ve watched the first two episodes of The Peripheral and it is so much better than LOTRs.
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2022, 12:36 PM)The D.O.Z. Wrote: Pissed. I live out in the country, where internet is two Amish ladies churning butter wearing connecting aluminum foil hats, so I’m STUCK with Dish. Well Dish gets in disputes with channel providers come contract time. They took my Reds games two years ago (Fox Sports) and now its anything Disney. No more MNF, ESPN is gone. No more Archer, FXX is gone. No more fun nature shows, NatGeo is gone.

But please, continue to charge me $90 a month for the other three channels I actually watch! ?

Damn broth. That is rough. Mellow

No doubt about Dish, nothing on there to watch and you pay for so much shit.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2022, 10:50 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Finished the first season LOTR Rings of Power, on Amazon. The most expensive show ever made.

Thanks Millhouse, I have started watching it and I like it. I just have to stomp down my inner Tolkien because I like the movies
to stick to what he wrote. I do understand a lot of what Peter did with both the LOTR's and The Hobbit in changing a few things.

I just don't want any woke, so that might irk me a bit. Didn't see any of that early, just black Hobbits which is just fine with me 
and I really like the tree Hobbits and to the contrary of most I think the young lady who plays Galadriel does a great job early in 
the series. I honestly don't know what offends some people now a days lol

BTW, would like to see you more in Jungle Noise Millhouse, miss you there talking Bengals football man. Mellow

(10-22-2022, 10:40 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: I finished it this week. If there wasn’t a second season I wouldn’t be upset. I didn’t like how the Galadriel character was written or portrayed which affected my overall opinion.

I’ve watched the first two episodes of The Peripheral and it is so much better than LOTRs.

What? An independent woman elf warrior?

I am fine with it. I don't find that unlikeable...

Do want to check out The Peripheral with Chloe Grace Moretz. Looks good and I have liked her since she was young as an 
actress. Looks interesting with good actors.
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2022, 10:40 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: I finished it this week. If there wasn’t a second season I wouldn’t be upset. I didn’t like how the Galadriel character was written or portrayed which affected my overall opinion.

Yeah I understand that. I'll be watching it though, mainly because Im a LOTR nerd, and see what's next with this show. I wasn't the biggest fan of Galadriel either, because she just doesn't have that presence about her like how Cate Blanchet portrayed her. And I don't think it's the actor as much as the writing imo, which yeah.

Reply/Quote
(10-22-2022, 09:26 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Thanks Millhouse, I have started watching it and I like it. I just have to stomp down my inner Tolkien because I like the movies
to stick to what he wrote. I do understand a lot of what Peter did with both the LOTR's and The Hobbit in changing a few things.

I just don't want any woke, so that might irk me a bit. Didn't see any of that early, just black Hobbits which is just fine with me 
and I really like the tree Hobbits and to the contrary of most I think the young lady who plays Galadriel does a great job early in 
the series. I honestly don't know what offends some people now a days lol

BTW, would like to see you more in Jungle Noise Millhouse, miss you there talking Bengals football man. Mellow

Hey thanks for that. Umm main reason I don't go in the Noise often, or the boards in general is because of some health issues Ive been having since beginning of last year 2021 (Leukemia & then a bone marrow transplant that summer over a year ago). Needless to say there were many weeks and months where I just wasnt able to or wanting to. But last few months Ive been on the up and up, and will try to pop in more often.

Reply/Quote
(10-23-2022, 01:35 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Hey thanks for that. Umm main reason I don't go in the Noise often, or the boards in general is because of some health issues Ive been having since beginning of last year 2021 (Leukemia & then a bone marrow transplant that summer over a year ago). Needless to say there were many weeks and months where I just wasnt able to or wanting to. But last few months Ive been on the up and up, and will try to pop in more often.

Sorry to hear about that brother. Hope you keep feeling better and better Millhouse.

You have always been one of the best posters on here... Rock On
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2022, 01:35 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Hey thanks for that. Umm main reason I don't go in the Noise often, or the boards in general is because of some health issues Ive been having since beginning of last year 2021 (Leukemia & then a bone marrow transplant that summer over a year ago). Needless to say there were many weeks and months where I just wasnt able to or wanting to. But last few months Ive been on the up and up, and will try to pop in more often.

Hey dude, we're just strangers on a Bengals message board but stay strong and I hope only the best for your health.
Reply/Quote

Sorry to hear that but also happy to hear you are trending upwards.

My Wife went thru exactly this maybe 5 years ago now.  And it was a long road back to her just feeling any sort of normal.
Reply/Quote