Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What do we do if Sewell is gone at 3?
(12-28-2020, 02:17 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: He doesn’t like burrow. Never liked burrow. We’ve already discussed this.

How can a Bengals fan not like Burrow? That's just silly
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2020, 06:29 PM)J24 Wrote: How can a Bengals fan not like Burrow? That's just silly

Because he loves Herbert. He will keep talking up Herbert while diminishing burrow.
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2020, 10:59 PM)bfine32 Wrote: EJ, we agree on a lot, but your Burrow shtick is getting tired. You offer some good opinions in this forum, but that ain't 1

It was sarcasm to him trashing Cousins as a soso  QB using  his standard with Burrow performance,. Obviously I dont believe Burrow sucked or played average at best this year. Plus his calling my support of a 3rd year of ZT a fan boy figured I throw  shade on his comment..
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
If we do go WR, Waddle fills a bigger need than Chase, he is in position to be the next Hill type WR in NFL.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2020, 06:56 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Between your "reports" and my eyes, i'll trust my eyes because they don't lie to me. 
Then watch the film with ur eyes. Throw on the Florida tape. He’s great 0-15 yards, but deeper u get the father apart he gets.
(12-28-2020, 11:11 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Thanks. This still is not a 100% no for me, as there are plenty of CBs who are very good but don't have the long speed to handle speedy deep threats. And we've seen with speed guys like John Ross that if you can get a hand on them early and knock them off their route, it messes them up. Given Surtain is very good with press coverage, I think he would be fine. He may get beat occasionally, but every guy gets beat every now and then.
Not a no for me either. But for a top 10 pick I like complete prospects. With a good dc, u can maneage what is a very small weakness. Like we should have wj3 playing man every snap. But we don’t. And I don’t trust our dc which will make it into more of an issue that it should be. I just don’t see any weaknesses with Farley which I would prefer farley there.
(12-28-2020, 12:35 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Yep. It’s just glaringly obvious when a CB (or OL) get beat. And people harp on it.

Surtain is a hell of a talent though.

He is. I think our dc would make the talent less than it is.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2020, 12:58 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: If we do go WR, Waddle fills a bigger need than Chase, he is in position to be the next Hill type WR in NFL.

That's what they said about John Ross...  Cry

Just kidding. I don't know anything about Waddle.

More than anything I don't want us to **** it up and waste the pick. I'd rather take Chase (if we go with a WR) because he's proven to be successful with Burrow. That's just me. I'm sure there are other wideouts that would work well with Burrow.

Wouldn't mind stacking that defense a bit either. It's a long wait until April. Long wait until next season--and Burrow getting back to full strength. 
Reply/Quote
Is Waddle even the best WR on his own team? All I know is Chase had more TD’s (and almost as many yds) in 2019 alone, than Waddle has in 3 years at Alabama.

Plus, if we want a WR it would be nuts to pass on one with an already established chemistry with our QB. Especially since he’s not going to have a real offseason for the second year in a row.

Reply/Quote
WR is probably the most debated position in mocks for who is #1 , as for skill set, Waddle fills the team need more than Chase, both have question marks, Chase had on exceptional season and sitting out this year probably hindered his development. Waddle does not have the big season stats the jump out at you . I dont want to go WR but if we do I prefer to give Burrow a skill set we are missing instead of one that is similar to Higgins.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2020, 08:04 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: WR is probably the most debated position in mocks for who is #1 , as for skill set, Waddle fills the team need more than Chase, both have question marks, Chase had on exceptional season and sitting out this year probably hindered his development. Waddle does not have the big season stats the jump out at you . I dont want to go WR but if we do I prefer to give Burrow a skill set we are missing instead of one that is similar to Higgins.

Chase is not similar to Higgins. Completely different body types for one (Tee is 6’4, Chase 6’1). And Chase is WAY faster. He’s got his 40 time down to 4.40.

Also, no thanks on a taking a 1st round pick like Waddle who’s coming off ankle surgery.

Reply/Quote
Waddle is possible on target to return in National Championship game, and is quicker than Chase which we need most. I would not draft either at 5/6 but think he fills a greater need than Chase.
https://nflmocks.com/2020/06/22/2021-nfl-draft-jaylen-waddle-scouting/
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2020, 01:47 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Waddle is possible on target to return in National Championship game,  and is quicker than Chase which we need most. I would not draft either at 5/6 but think he fills a greater need than Chase.
https://nflmocks.com/2020/06/22/2021-nfl-draft-jaylen-waddle-scouting/

Not only is Ja'Marr Chase quick, fast, and explosive off the line of scrimmage he is a very physical. He doesnt get pushed off his line and fights through his routes getting his hands free to pluck balls out of the air. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(12-29-2020, 01:51 AM)Jpoore Wrote: Then watch the film with ur eyes. Throw on the Florida tape. He’s great 0-15 yards, but deeper u get the father apart he gets.

Nope. Watched the entire game. He didn't get run by even one single time

First thing i noticed was how he brought down Toney in the open field on Florida's opening kick return and on the 2nd pass of the game. Perfect form tackle--wrapped him up and drove through his body. 

Once in the first half he got "beat" by Pitts for a 7 yd gain on a slant. 

2nd half, Pitts had 2 20+ yard catches when near Surtain. Neither one was his responsibility, while he was in zone. I noticed 2 PBUs in the 4th quarter and he was physical during the game, kept outside contain on a couple runs and had no trouble keeping up with anyone. 

Here's the fun(ny) part. 

I think it was right before the half (i watched the game a couple hrs ago and didn't get a chance to reply here at work), Grimes caught a long touchdown with Surtain defending him. Only problem for you is, he didn't run by or past him. Surtain did not bite on the double move and was actually on top of the receiver. Trask threw back shoulder and Surtain lost sight of the ball (looked like he thought it was overthrown). Grimes hauled it in for the TD, but Surtain was right on him. 

Nothing, and i mean absolutely nothing in that game showed he couldn't keep up with WRs past 10-15 yds. There were a couple deep balls on the other side of the field (2 or 3 iirc) and when they went to the 'all 22' camera, you could see Surtain running stride for stride with his man on the other side of the field. 

Trask, like a lot of others, didn't even bother to look his way 95% of the time. QBs do that for a reason. 

Not sure if you watched the game and thought he played bad, or if TDN told you he played bad in that game. Either way, you're both way wrong. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2020, 02:07 PM)Synric Wrote: Not only is Ja'Marr Chase quick, fast, and explosive off the line of scrimmage he is a very physical. He doesnt get pushed off his line and fights through his routes getting his hands free to pluck balls out of the air. 

No he is not quicker Waddle is , he is more the Hill type, he actually has more experience than Chase and he fits what we need most inWR though I don't advocate drafting either in 5/6
Reply/Quote