Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What do we do if Sewell is gone at 3?
(12-24-2020, 10:08 PM)bfine32 Wrote: 3 QBs are Heisman finalist and Fields is not one. No way Fields goes #2 IMO.

That’s due to him playing 6 games though.
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2020, 03:06 PM)ochocincos Wrote: What report are you referring to on TDN? The one I see (https://thedraftnetwork.com/player/patrick-surtain-ii/XaCVRN0qj4), it doesn't say anything about "WRs are getting major separation."

In fact, it specifically says the following...
https://thedraftnetwork.com/articles/2021-nfl-draft-scouting-report--cb-patrick-surtain-ii

https://thedraftnetwork.com/articles/patrick-surtain-ii-alabama-nfl-draft-scouting-report
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2020, 05:27 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: So ben is washed up though having a great year, Cousins soso Qb though going to have 30 tds this year so in your standard your boy Burrow sucked this year..lol

I know like 37 different people have tried to explain this to you, but Joe Burrow is a ROOKIE. On a terrible team. With a terrible coach. Not sure why you feel the need to bring him up every single time another QB is mentioned. But it’s getting really old. Just stop.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-26-2020, 05:27 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: So ben is washed up though having a great year, Cousins soso Qb though going to have 30 tds this year so in your standard your boy Burrow sucked this year..lol

EJ, we agree on a lot, but your Burrow shtick is getting tired. You offer some good opinions in this forum, but that ain't 1
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-26-2020, 07:39 PM)Jpoore Wrote: That’s due to him playing 6 games though.

and sucking in 2 of them 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-26-2020, 03:06 PM)ochocincos Wrote: What report are you referring to on TDN? The one I see (https://thedraftnetwork.com/player/patrick-surtain-ii/XaCVRN0qj4), it doesn't say anything about "WRs are getting major separation."

In fact, it specifically says the following...

Yeah, i laughed when i read that. I decided not to reply because all you need to do is throw on some youtube and it's apparent that he doesn't have trouble keeping up with receivers.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2020, 11:00 PM)bfine32 Wrote: and sucking in 2 of them 
Nw I throw out the window. Down a bunch of coaches, 9 starters 30+ players. Indiana was bad yes.
(12-27-2020, 03:15 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Yeah, i laughed when i read that. I decided not to reply because all you need to do is throw on some youtube and it's apparent that he doesn't have trouble keeping up with receivers.
Throw on the film it’s apparent as all hell he has trouble keeping up with wrs deep. As evidenced by the reports I posted in response.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2020, 06:27 AM)Jpoore Wrote: Nw I throw out the window. Down a bunch of coaches, 9 starters 30+ players. Indiana was bad yes.
Throw on the film  it’s apparent as all hell he has trouble keeping up with wrs deep. As evidenced by the reports I posted in response.

Between your "reports" and my eyes, i'll trust my eyes because they don't lie to me. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2020, 07:45 PM)Jpoore Wrote: https://thedraftnetwork.com/articles/2021-nfl-draft-scouting-report--cb-patrick-surtain-ii

https://thedraftnetwork.com/articles/patrick-surtain-ii-alabama-nfl-draft-scouting-report

Thanks. This still is not a 100% no for me, as there are plenty of CBs who are very good but don't have the long speed to handle speedy deep threats. And we've seen with speed guys like John Ross that if you can get a hand on them early and knock them off their route, it messes them up. Given Surtain is very good with press coverage, I think he would be fine. He may get beat occasionally, but every guy gets beat every now and then.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Worth mentioning there is a way back to Sewell still. Lots of stuff to shake out this coming week but it isn't crazy to think he could fall a little, especially if some of the teams do think Slater is better as we have heard recently.

Reply/Quote
(12-28-2020, 11:33 AM)Au165 Wrote: Worth mentioning there is a way back to Sewell still. Lots of stuff to shake out this coming week but it isn't crazy to think he could fall a little, especially if some of the teams do think Slater is better as we have heard recently.

Houston doesn't own that pick because of their investment in Laremy Tunsil. I do agree that the top 5 are really up in the air this year. Both the Jets and the Falcons could or could not take a Quarterback. Also a trade into the top 5 for a QB is likely.

It's going to be a very hard to predict the picks that means the Bengals need to do alot of homework. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(12-28-2020, 11:11 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Thanks. This still is not a 100% no for me, as there are plenty of CBs who are very good but don't have the long speed to handle speedy deep threats. And we've seen with speed guys like John Ross that if you can get a hand on them early and knock them off their route, it messes them up. Given Surtain is very good with press coverage, I think he would be fine. He may get beat occasionally, but every guy gets beat every now and then.

Yep. It’s just glaringly obvious when a CB (or OL) get beat. And people harp on it.

Surtain is a hell of a talent though.

Reply/Quote
(12-28-2020, 12:28 PM)Synric Wrote: Houston doesn't own that pick because of their investment in Laremy Tunsil. I do agree that the top 5 are really up in the air this year. Both the Jets and the Falcons could or could not take a Quarterback. Also a trade into the top 5 for a QB is likely.

It's going to be a very hard to predict the picks that means the Bengals need to do alot of homework.

Which is scary in any year, but doubly so in a pandemic year with so many opt outs.

Reply/Quote
(12-28-2020, 12:28 PM)Synric Wrote: Houston doesn't own that pick because of their investment in Laremy Tunsil. I do agree that the top 5 are really up in the air this year. Both the Jets and the Falcons could or could not take a Quarterback. Also a trade into the top 5 for a QB is likely.

Miami doesn't need tackle most likely, I think he explains later on in the thread (probably realized he messed up the Houston piece) that he has heard they are in love with Parsons. 
Reply/Quote
If Sewell is a generational talent then he won't go past the.Jets even if the need a QB. The Jets can always move back into the top 10 to draft a QB.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2020, 01:48 PM)J24 Wrote: If Sewell is a generational talent then he won't go past the.Jets even if the need a QB. The Jets can always move back into the top 10 to draft a QB.

I think a strong consideration for a WR (Chase/Smith?Waddle) will be made by the Jets if they decide Darnold is their guy. The reason being is they have cap space to put a solid line in front of him but they aren't going to really be able to buy an elite WR in this FA class to give Darnold something he has never had in his career, a legit #1 WR.
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2020, 09:23 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I know like 37 different people have tried to explain this to you, but Joe Burrow is a ROOKIE. On a terrible team. With a terrible coach. Not sure why you feel the need to bring him up every single time another QB is mentioned. But it’s getting really old. Just stop.

He doesn’t like burrow. Never liked burrow. We’ve already discussed this.
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2020, 01:57 PM)Au165 Wrote: I think a strong consideration for a WR (Chase/Smith?Waddle) will be made by the Jets if they decide Darnold is their guy. The reason being is they have cap space to put a solid line in front of him but they aren't going to really be able to buy an elite WR in this FA class to give Darnold something he has never had in his career, a legit #1 WR.

I believe Nelson Agholor would be a good fit with Denzel Mims. Agholor has been playing well and he could be that outside to slot guy they need. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(12-28-2020, 05:36 PM)Synric Wrote: I believe Nelson Agholor would be a good fit with Denzel Mims. Agholor has been playing well and he could be that outside to slot guy they need. 

That seems like another band-aid for Darnold rather than an investment in what you hope to be your franchise QB. He has never been a 1k receiver and most likely won't be again this year, I'd say he is similar in quality to say Jameison Crowder.
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2020, 05:48 PM)Au165 Wrote: That seems like another band-aid for Darnold rather than an investment in what you hope to be your franchise QB. He has never been a 1k receiver and most likely won't be again this year, I'd say he is similar in quality to say Jameison Crowder.

I'm not saying it's the best way to go just an option lol. The Jets are a team that need alot of Band-aids.

Reply/Quote